• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Michelle Obama has new warning on obesity

Michelle Obama is being ridiculous with this claim

It's actually become an issue with military itself. . . there was a serious report on this issue when Bush was in office I believe.

let me look it up . . . . might take a while

*edi:* Actually - that didn't take long at all. . . . I found it on an old forum I use to frequent. It's an old article from 2009 - I couldn't quickly find a news-source for it that wasn't 404.

Ridiclous? :shrug: Maybe
But they definitely didn't come up with the issue on their own.

All in all - I don't see weight-alone to be an issue. That can be remedied.
I see the health problems that come with it for many to be the actual concern.

Last edited:
It's not really that ridiculous. Consider that obesity hits the lower class the hardest. Guess what class most military recruits come from?

LINK:

How about 25%?

It's not really that ridiculous. Consider that obesity hits the lower class the hardest. Guess what class most military recruits come from?

Do you mean "guess what class finds military enlistment most beneficial?"

Last edited:

White middle class.

*sigh* Well I was right last time I looked. Stupid 2009.

I might be wrong - things might have changed since I last looked, too.
White, yes - but middle class might be up for grabs.

Compared to the rest of the world, all Americans are filthy rich. If you don’t believe it, just listen to a few U.N. Global Warming summits.

No it was definately middle class. The only reason I even brought it up was because several years ago I used the fact that they were over-represented by the lower class. Times are a'changin I guess.

Compared to the rest of the world, all Americans are filthy rich. If you don’t believe it, just listen to a few U.N. Global Warming summits.

Indeed. A quote from an Indian immigrant has always stuck in my head about why he moved to America. He said he wanted to live in a place where the poor people are fat. :mrgreen:

considering that cars and light trucks get considerably better fuel mileage than before the 70's, we are using much less gas, thus govt gets much less tax revenue. Watch that issue, those federal and state gas taxes are due to increase just to cover hiway maintenance.

Obese people make our cars get worse gas mileage....
there, I bridged the gap..

The government 'budding' in on marriage. Good. The government making a lot of flyers telling people to eat healthy. Bad. Americans really deserve the government we get.

This legislation is projected to cost 5.4 billion. Thats a might more than a few bucks at the local Office Max. It creates 17 new governemtn offices. It establishes undefined grant programs. It adds MORE waste and bearacracy when the government is already spending trillions OVER AND ABOVE the taxes collected.

Indeed. A quote from an Indian immigrant has always stuck in my head about why he moved to America. He said he wanted to live in a place where the poor people are fat. :mrgreen:

And own so much stuff they are rich compared to him and his right?

Only in a draft.

It would be worse with a draft. That doesn't negate the fact that (without one) it's still an issue for adequate recruitment.

And own so much stuff they are rich compared to him and his right?

Well let's just say I doubt the poor have cable in India. And even if they did, doesn't matter much without a TV!

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…