• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

"Mexico will pay for it."

Boats with properly working bilge pumps don't sink. ;)

I guess it depends on the size of the hole, eh? Or if the bulkheads get sealed (<--Trump wall) ;)

Hmmm...Let me see what your critical thinking skills are...if you're running a business and someone enacted something that would cost you money, but you changed your current cheaper plans and policies in order to avoid that enacted policy, would you openly admit to it, further encouraging the same?

Check your post #1; you are sliding off into the weeds! Congrats on the response to your bait thread!

Check your post #1; you are sliding off into the weeds! Congrats on the response to your bait thread!

I'll mark this down as a failure of critical thinking on your part and move on.

He said they could but he also said there were other ways to get the money, and it was clearly stipulated. Why are you ignoring that?

sure thing... I remember the ralles where Trump did his inciting the crowd and asked them and who will pay for it and the crowd yelled back....... "By a variety of means, mostly indirect and non direct, it is possible that some measures may be said to have transferred some monies from some in Mexico to the USA which could be then said to have , in a manner of speaking if one is not too strict, to have possible paid for some of a fencing structure owhat can otherwise be construed to be a barrier of some type."

Yeah - those were great moments!!!!

It's rich you talk about capacity. You are enabling the bigger douche bag in the history of the presidency.

There are Democrats who agree with the actions of the President who founded the Democratic Party - the only President to fully defy the US Supreme Court for the purpose of stealing land owned by the Cherokees and putting them on 1000 mile death marches deliberately and brutally killing thousands - mostly children and women.

ROFL! Well I guess that would make sense if you want to build a wall in 500 years.

$26 billion got sent to Mexico from the U.S., last year (link in post #69). That can be taxed as it leaves and make a lot of money pretty quickly.

sure thing... I remember the ralles where Trump did his inciting the crowd and asked them and who will pay for it and the crowd yelled back....... "By a variety of means, mostly indirect and non direct, it is possible that some measures may be said to have transferred some monies from some in Mexico to the USA which could be then said to have , in a manner of speaking if one is not too strict, to have possible paid for some of a fencing structure owhat can otherwise be construed to be a barrier of some type."

Yeah - those were great moments!!!!

I don't recall President Obama while campaigning saying "I will close Gitmo unless I don't" or Pelosi and Reed ever saying "We need to build a physical barrier on the Southern border unless the President is a Republican, because then it would be evil, racist and a waste of money."

$26 billion got sent to Mexico from the U.S., last year (link in post #69). That can be taxed as it leaves and make a lot of money pretty quickly.

Do you think that $25 billion is sent tax free?

I don't recall President Obama while campaigning saying "I will close Gitmo unless I don't" or Pelosi and Reed ever saying "We need to build a physical barrier on the Southern border unless the President is a Republican, because then it would be evil, racist and a waste of money."

Bonus points for copying the stylization.

Perhaps you can quote the actual CALL and REPONSE between candidate Obama and the crowds which you are referring to as I remember nothing to compare with the Trump CALL and RESPONSE with his audience after audience after audience.

What aboutism is not a debate argument. It is a Trumpkin defense mechanism.

Bonus points for copying the stylization.

You cannot get any points for the error of FALSE EQUIVALANCY since we were talking about CALL and RESPONSE on the campaign trail and how it was used in the campaign to get votes and then later attempt to deliver on a promise.

My favorite thing conservatives do today is cite the failures of Obama to justify the same failures that Trump is now attempting. You are in effect proving your own hypocrisy and ignorance by trying to point out that of others. The key is it was a bad decision when Obama did it, it is a bad decision now that Trump is doing it, and will be a bad decision when the next person tries it regardless of their party.

The President wants to spend billions to repair the existing 700 miles of the Pelosi-Schumer Southern border barrier and add an additional 300 miles. The Democratic Party wants to spend $6 billion a week on a shutdown to not repair the Pelosi-Schumer Southern border barrier or extend it.

Rapidly, we are finding the Democratic Party will spend more on a government shutdown to do absolutely nothing - costing $6 billion per week than spend a less amount to actually accomplish and build something.

The government shutdown costs $6 billion per week. The Democratic Party will burn tens of billions of dollars for their political grand standing.
https://www.dw.com/en/counting-the-cost-of-the-us-government-shutdown/a-47038701

The President wants to spend billions to repair the existing 700 miles of the Pelosi-Schumer Southern border barrier and add an additional 300 miles. The Democratic Party wants to spend $6 billion a week on a shutdown to not repair the Pelosi-Schumer Southern border barrier or extend it.

Rapidly, we are finding the Democratic Party will spend more on a government shutdown to do absolutely nothing - costing $6 billion per week than spend a less amount to actually accomplish and build something.

The government shutdown costs $6 billion per week. The Democratic Party will burn tens of billions of dollars for their political grand standing.
https://www.dw.com/en/counting-the-cost-of-the-us-government-shutdown/a-47038701

The Democrats and Republicans have voted and passed bills to reopen the government. We are in a shut down because one man, who admitted on camera he is responsible for the shut down, is insisting that he gets what he wants or he will hold the government hostage.

There are Democrats who agree with the actions of the President who founded the Democratic Party - the only President to fully defy the US Supreme Court for the purpose of stealing land owned by the Cherokees and putting them on 1000 mile death marches deliberately and brutally killing thousands - mostly children and women.

I believe I have heard that President is Trump’s favorite.........

My favorite thing conservatives do today is cite the failures of Obama to justify the same failures that Trump is now attempting. You are in effect proving your own hypocrisy and ignorance by trying to point out that of others. The key is it was a bad decision when Obama did it, it is a bad decision now that Trump is doing it, and will be a bad decision when the next person tries it regardless of their party.

The difference is there is no hypocrisy by Trump on the Southern border. That is 100% on Pelosi, Schumer and the other Democrats in Congress - declaring repairing and extending THEIR Southern border is "a waste of money" - already wasting more on a government shutdown than Trump wanted in this budget - and burning nearly $1 billion more per day.

It is no longer a question of the cost of repairing and extending the Pelosi-Schumer Southern barrier - but how much more money will Democrats spend to not do so. How many tens of billions will Democrats spend to NOT have the Pelosi-Schumer Southern barrier?

The difference is there is no hypocrisy by Trump on the Southern border. That is 100% on Pelosi, Schumer and the other Democrats in Congress - declaring repairing and extending THEIR Southern border is "a waste of money" - already wasting more on a government shutdown than Trump wanted in this budget - and burning nearly $1 billion more per day.

It is no longer a question of the cost of repairing and extending the Pelosi-Schumer Southern barrier - but how much more money will Democrats spend to not do so. How many tens of billions will Democrats spend to NOT have the Pelosi-Schumer Southern barrier?

I think any amount spent now is justified if it teaches Trump and his supporters that you can't take the government hostage to get your way. Elections have consequences. You had two years of complete control of government to get your wall, you failed, and now that you have lost at the ballot box, trying to use government employees as hostages to get your way is not going to work. You are spending billions of tax dollars to demand concession on a landmark rather than working on real immigration policy. We are not obligated to reward your temper tantrums now or ever.

In reading multiple threads about wall funding, seems like everyone is forgetting that the American people were assured that we would not be paying for the wall...no matter how the funds were procured from Mexico. With border immigration near a record low since 2007, I certainly see no crisis. The crisis here is that our POTUS has yet to realize this is a democracy (or an oligarchy, depending on who is asked) but it is not - much to his dismay - a dictatorship or autocracy. His behavior at large - especially on Twitter - is concerning to say least, especially for a man of his age. Do you realize he is 72 years old?

You cannot get any points for the error of FALSE EQUIVALANCY since we were talking about CALL and RESPONSE on the campaign trail and how it was used in the campaign to get votes and then later attempt to deliver on a promise.

Ah man...I already gave him the bonus points and can't take them back....sorry dude. If only you had caught it earlier.

In reading multiple threads about wall funding, seems like everyone is forgetting that the American people were assured that we would not be paying for the wall...no matter how the funds were procured from Mexico.

I doubt everyone or even most are forgetting. But the OP certainly is conveniently forgetting.

I doubt everyone or even most are forgetting. But the OP certainly is conveniently forgetting.

You are absolutely right, and I need to remember to avoid blanket statements.

OP was just bored and attention starved.........full stop!

Back
Top Bottom