• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Mental illness kills.

You don't have a car?
I said I don't listen to a radio.

To be fair, I had a second home in Raleigh for a few years. It was a 9-10 hour ride and occasionally I'd put on the radio just to get the local flavor of things once I got beneath Richmond. It was pretty wild. It really is a completely different culture.

And I pretty much never have the radio on when I drive.

I heard on the radio this morning some of the things the crazy Uvalde kid did as a kid, as told by the kids he grew up with.
He was bullied because he stuttered. He tortured cats, and actually beheaded his own family cat. Most of his peers knew something was wrong with the kid.
We need to figure out some kind of way to keep people like this from buying guns.
Ideas?

Do you see a sign?

These kids are showing red flags. The classmates are not surprised. The shooters are literally saying they want to commit crimes. Sometimes like in the case of the Buffalo shooter, he had a psychiatric evaluation and bought a gun later.

It seems simple. Create a red flag where once a person is flagged, they are banned from buying a gun until they are 30.

Maybe. A state hospital system like we had in the 60s without the abuse, possibly. It may be a good investment.
Do you really think healthcare would stop these shootings?

Are you asking people to give up their rights in order to protect children?
Give up a right that impedes on another? The right to life...

Nah, reap what you sow

Are you asking people to give up their rights in order to protect children?
This isn’t a dichotomy. You can regulate AND protect gun rights. Guns are already restricted to 18. Maybe we should make the legal age 21 across the board for all guns? We KNOW waiting periods are effective. A two week waiting period doesn’t infringe on the ability to buy guns. There are policies we can put in place that reduce gun violence AND allow people to continue purchasing and owning firearms.

Do you see a sign?

These kids are showing red flags. The classmates are not surprised. The shooters are literally saying they want to commit crimes. Sometimes like in the case of the Buffalo shooter, he had a psychiatric evaluation and bought a gun later.

It seems simple. Create a red flag where once a person is flagged, they are banned from buying a gun until they are 30.

This is so dumb. This red flag crap is nonsense.

I heard on the radio this morning some of the things the crazy Uvalde kid did as a kid, as told by the kids he grew up with.
He was bullied because he stuttered. He tortured cats, and actually beheaded his own family cat. Most of his peers knew something was wrong with the kid.
We need to figure out some kind of way to keep people like this from buying guns.
Ideas?
Why should he not be armed? He wasn't a criminal.

Maybe. A state hospital system like we had in the 60s without the abuse, possibly. It may be a good investment.

Out patient with support.

Why should he not be armed? He wasn't a criminal.

Don't you think a person that says wants to commit a mass shooting or a murder should not be able to purchase a firearm?

It is a simple yes or no question.

Give up a right that impedes on another? The right to life...

Nah, reap what you sow
No one actually has a right to perfect safety.

The abuse of thr right is the problem.

I'll ask again. Should we give up rights to protect children?

Actually, he was. Animal cruelty is a crime.
Hang on.

Kicking the **** out of every cat you see now disqualifies Americans from owning guns?

How about deer hunting?

Either you are pro-life or you aren't.

Maybe. Also it may help with the proliferation of homeless people.
At very best, minimally.

Society is simply very structured today. As such, not everyone fits in or fits in awkwardly.
This structure stifles upward mobility and even self care.
Someone who may have thrived as a hunter or gatherer may be a bum in today's world. A narcissistic as Trump may well have been the village idiot in 1500.

These problems are not going away.
We need to remove the guns.

Don't you think a person that says wants to commit a mass shooting or a murder should not be able to purchase a firearm?

It is a simple yes or no question.
No. He's not a criminal.

Do you think our laws prohibit people who talk a big game from buying weapons?

The problem is all around.

We have laws that are not enforced.

In liberal cities like San Francisco for example, people commit gun violence and the prosecutor refuses to charge those individuals.

No. He's not a criminal.

Do you think our laws prohibit people who talk a big game from buying weapons?

I just want to establish this on a record:

A person that literally says he wants to shoot up children should not be restricted to buy a gun?

Have you heard of a no-fly list? Not all people on a no-fly list are criminals.
So raking away freedoms is today's battle cry from the right.

How appropriate.

This isn’t a dichotomy. You can regulate ANaD protect gun rights. Guns are already restricted to 18. Maybe we should make the legal age 21 across the board for all guns? We KNOW waiting periods are effective. A two week waiting period doesn’t infringe on the ability to buy guns. There are policies we can put in place that reduce gun violence AND allow people to continue purchasing and owning firearms.
The OP wrote: "There is nothing we can do because to the right their guns are more important that the lives of children". This clearly implies subjugating all 2A protected rights to any law that GCAs would put in place to protect children.

The problem is all around.

We have laws that are not enforced.

In liberal cities like San Francisco for example, people commit gun violence and the prosecutor refuses to charge those individuals.
Link.

Thanks

I just want to establish this on a record:

A person that literally says he wants to shoot up children should not be restricted to buy a gun?
Are you asking me my opinion or how our laws work?

Back
Top Bottom