• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Memories Pizza Raises 100k in 24 hours

Interesting.

I wonder what the next "Can you top this" will be in this story now.

This just turned into another farce.

Somehow I think this was planned.

Now who the hell announces in the middle of a heated debate they are NOT going to do something they have never been called on to do?

This just turned into another farce.

Somehow I think this was planned.

Now who the hell announces in the middle of a heated debate they are NOT going to do something they have never been called on to do?

That's what's curious. Although if the farce was to make liberals look like shrieking maniacs, it worked.

Damn I need to go to Indiana and start my own fundamentalist Christian pizzaria and get it shut down and then go ask for donations before this brouhaha dies down...

Thats' more than in 5 years.

I don't have access too their P&L like you do so I will just bow to your knowledge. Someone on a blog mentioned that Limbaugh picked up the story and now donations are really picking up.

Successful Troll is wildly, insanely successful...

images

Well done, Memories Pizza! Well done!

I don't have access too their P&L like you do so I will just bow to your knowledge. Someone on a blog mentioned that Limbaugh picked up the story and now donations are really picking up.

It's a bit of guesswork, but you can look up what a typical small town pizza shop does in annual sales. Typical small town shops will do 250ish in sales with profits of about 10%. Another way to look at it is that a typical pizza is $0.90 profit. If you sold an average of 90 pizzas a day, it would take you 5 years to make 150K. Walkerton has a population of 2,000 people. This is assuming that you sold everyone in the town a pizza every 10 days.

I Make a 20 Percent Profit Margin, and So Can You - Pizza Today
How Much Profit Margin in Pizza? | Chron.com

This is yet another example of intentionally playing the culture card to make a profit on the backs of the poor and gullible.

I don't know about any culture card. I personally wouldn't donate to the family because they did this to themselves. You never bring politics or religion into your business. I see this however as people voting with their wallets to make their feelings known and to let the family they are not alone as liberals threaten to kill them and burn down their building.

I don't know about any culture card. I personally wouldn't donate to the family because they did this to themselves. You never bring politics or religion into your business. I see this however as people voting with their wallets to make their feelings known and to let the family they are not alone as liberals threaten to kill them and burn down their building.

If this was taking a stand, suffering a hardship, and then seeking help to mitigate the hardship you'd have a point. But this isn't that.

They're making FAR more money now doing nothing than they ever did selling pizza. An honest person would have taken down that donations request after it hit a few thousand dollars. An honest person would recognize when they are receiving FAR more than they deserve. This is not honest.

It's a bit of guesswork, but you can look up what a typical small town pizza shop does in annual sales. Typical small town shops will do 250ish in sales with profits of about 10%. Another way to look at it is that a typical pizza is $0.90 profit. If you sold an average of 90 pizzas a day, it would take you 5 years to make 150K.

I Make a 20 Percent Profit Margin, and So Can You - Pizza Today
How Much Profit Margin in Pizza? | Chron.com

Pizza is a low food cost item but there are lots of factors which determine net. Their food cost should be in the 25% range. They've been in the business for ten years and it depends if they own the building or are leasing it but in a small town if it's a long term lease it's probably favorable. I don't think 20% cash on cash is unreasonable. I have no idea what they gross.

If this was taking a stand, suffering a hardship, and then seeking help to mitigate the hardship you'd have a point. But this isn't that.

They're making FAR more money now doing nothing than they ever did selling pizza. An honest person would have taken down that donations request after it hit a few thousand dollars. An honest person would recognize when they are receiving FAR more than they deserve. This is not honest.

That's not for us to judge. Who knows what they will do with the extra cash. If they are as religious as they seem, maybe some of it will go to their church or the American Family Association. Either way, we aren't in their shoes and can't cast aspersions.

Pizza is a low food cost item but there are lots of factors which determine net. Their food cost should be in the 25% range. They've been in the business for ten years and it depends if they own the building or are leasing it but in a small town if it's a long term lease it's probably favorable. I don't think 20% cash on cash is unreasonable. I have no idea what they gross.

The town has 2,000 people. They'd have to sell a pizza to everyone in the town every 10 days to meet 300k in annual revenue.

And 20% profit margin is a huge outlier. Hence the reason the guy wrote the article. But even at 20% its' still YEARS of profits. Are they going out of business for years? No. They're dishonest.

Finally, how many people in such a small town would actually change their habits based on this? What kind of an impact on actual sales? You'd lose some, but probably gain more. This is straight up deliberate snake oil.

If people are this stupid, I say let them throw their money in at the pizza place. What'd really be funny is if they started to open up additional restaurants with this money, and immediately changed their stance on homosexuality.

Last edited:
Successful Troll is wildly, insanely successful...

images

Well done, Memories Pizza! Well done!
That pic is giving me a headache.

I wonder if all the other pizzerias in Indiana are thinking, "boy, if they can make this kind of money on donations perhaps we need to speak out against gay marriage too!"

If people are this stupid, I say let them throw their money in at the pizza place. What'd really be funny is if they managed to open up additional restaurants, and immediately changed their stance on homosexuality.

It's really not their fault. Being empathetic and gullible isn't a reason to be taken advantage of. People are being told a sob story, that the business was forced to shut down (today), and that they need money to survive. And so thousands of people who are much less well off are giving money to greedy POSs. It's wrong, regardless of why the people are donating.

It's really not their fault. Being empathetic and gullible isn't a reason to be taken advantage of. People are being told a sob story, that the business was forced to shut down (today), and that they need money to survive. And so thousands of people who are much less well off are giving money to greedy POSs. It's wrong, regardless of why the people are donating.

Actually the family had nothing to so with setting up the go fund me page. That was done by a member of Dana Loeshs's staff. The family is just along for the ride. Soon they will have raised over 200k.

I'm not arguing with that. It's just that I simply don't care at this point in the SSM debate.

Back
Top Bottom