• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Meet the money behind the climate denial movement

Meet the Money Behind The Climate Denial Movement
|
Smart News
| Smithsonian

Old article but the problem has not gone anywhere; it's just gotten worse. Big Oil and Big Coal are pumping billions of dollars worth of disinformation to confuse the conversation over climate change, and many conservatives are lapping it up. The question is why they choose to listen to these corporatist hacks instead of scientists, and why we allow these corporatists to poison the discussion.

Yes you have had half a decades of denier propaganda and delay.

Half a century of dither and denial – a climate crisis timeline | Environment | The Guardian

There fossil fuel companies continue to spend enormous amount of money on delaying action on climate change.

Oil And Gas Giants Spend Millions Lobbying To Block Climate Change Policies [Infographic]

[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[h=1]The Guardian: Google is Financing Climate Deniers[/h][FONT=&quot]Guest essay by Eric Worrall According to The Guardian, Google is financing climate skeptic organizations like the Competitive Enterprise Institute, in direct contradiction to their stated public position on climate change. Revealed: Google made large contributions to climate change deniers Stephanie Kirchgaessnerin WashingtonFri 11 Oct 2019 17.00 AEDT Firm’s public calls for climate action contrast with…
Continue reading →
[/FONT]

[FONT="][URL="https://wattsupwiththat.com/2019/10/13/the-guardian-google-is-financing-climate-deniers/"]
google-logo.png
[/URL][/FONT]

[h=1]The Guardian: Google is Financing Climate Deniers[/h][FONT="][FONT=inherit]Guest essay by Eric Worrall According to The Guardian, Google is financing climate skeptic organizations like the Competitive Enterprise Institute, in direct contradiction to their stated public position on climate change. Revealed: Google made large contributions to climate change deniers Stephanie Kirchgaessnerin WashingtonFri 11 Oct 2019 17.00 AEDT Firm’s public calls for climate action contrast with…[/FONT]
[FONT=inherit][URL="https://wattsupwiththat.com/2019/10/13/the-guardian-google-is-financing-climate-deniers/"]Continue reading →[/URL][/FONT]
[/FONT]
:2funny:

Do you even read the links that you mindlessly spam, Jack? It was "discussing" this article:

For Google, providing financial backing to groups such as CEI and the Cato Institute – staunch free marketeers – has nothing to do with climate science, and everything to do with its effort to curry favour with conservatives on its most pressing issue in Washington: protecting an obscure section of the US law that is worth billions of dollars to the company.

The law – known as section 230 of the Communications Decency Act – was established in the 1990s, at a time when the internet was in its infancy, and helped to give rise to internet giants, from Google to Facebook, by offering legal immunity to the companies for third party comments, in effect treating them as distributors of content and not publishers.

Section 230, in effect, allowed Google and Facebook to be shielded from the kinds of libel laws that can ensnare other companies, such as newspapers.

In other words, Google isn't doing this for science. They're doing it for money. Sound familiar? ;)

:2funny:

Do you even read the links that you mindlessly spam, Jack? It was "discussing" this article:

In other words, Google isn't doing this for science. They're doing it for money. Sound familiar? ;)

So what? The only claim of a climate motive came from the Guardian. I really could not care less. The important point is that arguments based on who gives what to whom don't really mean much.

So what? The only claim of a climate motive came from the Guardian. I really could not care less.

We already know you don't care about climate science, Jack. You don't need to keep shoving your uninformed opinion down our throats. :)

We already know you don't care about climate science, Jack. You don't need to keep shoving your uninformed opinion down our throats. :)

Tsk tsk. Churlishness is a marker for losing the argument.

:2wave::happy::2dance::2dancing:

So you're just going to stick to the childish attitude while claiming that I should not return the favor?

At least you're not wasting time spamming crackpot websites, because you know that little game won't work with me. :)

|
Smart News
| Smithsonian

Old article but the problem has not gone anywhere; it's just gotten worse. Big Oil and Big Coal are pumping billions of dollars worth of disinformation to confuse the conversation over climate change, and many conservatives are lapping it up. The question is why they choose to listen to these corporatist hacks instead of scientists, and why we allow these corporatists to poison the discussion.

Can this movement ever be questioned under any circumstances without the inevitable 'denier' epithet be ascribed to it in order to shut down debate despite the weakness of the the actual empirical science supporting it .... for nearly 30 years now ? :roll:

So you're just going to stick to the childish attitude while claiming that I should not return the favor?

At least you're not wasting time spamming crackpot websites, because you know that little game won't work with me. :)

Knowledge does not work with you because you are imprisoned by your prejudice.

Can this movement ever be questioned under any circumstances without the inevitable 'denier' epithet be ascribed to it in order to shut down debate despite the weakness of the the actual empirical science supporting it .... for nearly 30 years now ? :roll:

:yawn:

oh you were trying to make an intelligent point? Clearly it got lost in a pile of ignorance. Please try again. :)

Knowledge does not work with you because you are imprisoned by your prejudice.
:lamo

How many anti-AGW science papers have you published, Jack? :)

|
Smart News
| Smithsonian

Well I have not seen any of this money. Have offered the other side money to make their point and they, the Alarmists, and they don't. They would love to be able to bout they don't...

.... so I think there is no real problem.

The Green/Communist/Alarmists/Doom mongers are imensely well funded though.

Well I have not seen any of this money.
Best proof I have ever seen that the billion-dollar anti-science industry does not exist. How convincing. :bravo:

And why do you think that is a relevant question?

It is everything. Since you clearly reject AGW, you should first establish your credibility on the matter before trying to convince the rest of us. :)

One need not be an MD to recognize ill health.

So everyone's opinion on infectious disease is of equal weight?

It is everything. Since you clearly reject AGW, you should first establish your credibility on the matter before trying to convince the rest of us. :)

So everyone's opinion on infectious disease is of equal weight?

My credibility does not matter. The credibility of those I cite is what matters.
And no, everyone's opinion is not of equal weight, but neither can scientific differences be dismissed by authority arguments.

Best proof I have ever seen that the billion-dollar anti-science industry does not exist. How convincing. :bravo:

Have you ever encountered any of this billion dollar industry?

Other than the Green/Red surpression of good science and support for drivel as long as it hypes the DOOOMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!

I mean do you have an example of this billion dollar industry actually hitting the real world?

I haven't personally encountered it, therefore it doesn't exist!!
God damn, it's like you're trying to fail! :lamo

I haven't personally encountered it, therefore it doesn't exist!!
God damn, it's like you're trying to fail! :lamo

Have you managed to miss any other billion dollar PR industry?

These climate deniers must be the most inefficent propagandists ever.

Or they don't exist.

Let's recap this person's tactics, shall we?

Well I have not seen any of this money. Have offered the other side money to make their point and they, the Alarmists, and they don't. They would love to be able to bout they don't...

.... so I think there is no real problem.

The Green/Communist/Alarmists/Doom mongers are imensely well funded though.

Other than the Green/Red surpression of good science and support for drivel as long as it hypes the DOOOMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!

I mean do you have an example of this billion dollar industry actually hitting the real world?

This is a classic denier tactic. "I can't see it with my own eyes; therefore, it doesn't exist." No amount of evidence, including the evidence clearly supplied by the OP, will convince him. He is proud of his ignorance which he believes trumps the experts' expertise. (Yes, that was an intentional pun.)

Have you managed to miss any other billion dollar PR industry?

These climate deniers must be the most inefficent propagandists ever.

Or they don't exist.

And now he shifts to whataboutism. "Hey what about those other yada yada" who the **** cares, start another thread if you want to talk about them. :)

Back
Top Bottom