• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Media Negatively Exaggerating Iraq status

easyt65

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
:shock: Say it ain't so, maw, say it ain't so!

http://www.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/meast/03/07/rumsfeld.iraq/index.html

[Moderator Mode]Fixed link...[Moderator Mode]

Media fans flames iof insurgency attacks, hoping for civil war and U.S. mission Failure in Iraq?!

As long as it sells papers and it leaves egg on Bush's face! What is bad for America is always good for the Democrats!

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep.. the media blew up the that shiite temp to start the civil war! It all makes sense now.

This is from the same Rumsfeld who spent the first year of the war denying there was an insurgency in Iraq.

Simon W. Moon said:
This is from the same Rumsfeld who spent the first year of the war denying there was an insurgency in Iraq.
"There's another way to phrase that and that is that the absence of evidence is not the evidence of absence. It is basically saying the same thing in a different way. Simply because you do not have evidence that something does exist does not mean that you have evidence that it doesn't exist."

easyt65 said:
Media fans flames iof insurgency attacks, hoping for civil war and U.S. mission Failure in Iraq?!
I think my signature says it all.

Google "Rumsfeld lies" and you'll get over 4,670,000 hits. He warrants a forum all to himself. The man has no credibility.

I know some people would like to see shiny happy people on the news in Iraq all day long, and pretty pictures of restauants in the French Quarter in New Orleans. That's not the news.

hipsterdufus said:
Google "Rumsfeld lies" and you'll get over 4,670,000 hits. He warrants a forum all to himself. The man has no credibility.

I know some people would like to see shiny happy people on the news in Iraq all day long, and pretty pictures of restauants in the French Quarter in New Orleans. That's not the news.

Google ANYTHING and all you get is Pro-Liberal responses. Google has been catchin' he!! lately for their far left leanings.

Think I am kidding, go to Google and type in 'Pelosi Hypocrisy', 'Clinton lies', etc, and the 1st thing you get is negative responses about Bush, DeLay, etc!

Go to Donkeydo.com or Ask.com to get truly unbiased responses on anything.

hipsterdufus said:

Yet of you google "Liberal Lies" you get 25,400,000 hits. Not exactly sure if you had a point there.

Exactly why isn't showing things going right the news? OOOO only thing that is news is things that make the US look bad and the desire to lose the war... Now it all makes sense

Calm2Chaos said:
Yet of you google "Liberal Lies" you get 25,400,000 hits. Not exactly sure if you had a point there.
Come on, don't spoil hipsters hate party.

I googled "Liberals are Crazy" and got 5, 920,000 hits. Must be true, right hip? :lol: :lol:

I think the media here does focus alot on the bad things in Iraq but we do need to know them. We can't live in a fantasy world that makes Iraq look rosy but we can't only focus on that either. We need the truth about the good, the bad, and the ugly and we will never get it here. The media does portray the war to look bad and it will never stop. Even here we focus on the murderers, the drug addicts, or anything that makes someone look bad. I just wish for once I could turn on CNN or MSNBC and see an American soldier helping people, giving water or food to poor Iraqis, instead we get to see our soldiers torturing or killing Iraqis and make it look like they were unarmed or innocent. Gotta love it...NOT!

americanwoman said:
I think the media here does focus alot on the bad things in Iraq but we do need to know them. We can't live in a fantasy world that makes Iraq look rosy but we can't only focus on that either. We need the truth about the good, the bad, and the ugly and we will never get it here. The media does portray the war to look bad and it will never stop. Even here we focus on the murderers, the drug addicts, or anything that makes someone look bad. I just wish for once I could turn on CNN or MSNBC and see an American soldier helping people, giving water or food to poor Iraqis, instead we get to see our soldiers torturing or killing Iraqis and make it look like they were unarmed or innocent. Gotta love it...NOT!

The media IS or HAS panted a fantasy world by posting stories slanted to the negative, nothing but negative stories, and hiding all the good things going on! Its like America's version of Aljazeera TV!

easyt65 said:
The media IS or HAS panted a fantasy world by posting stories slanted to the negative, nothing but negative stories, and hiding all the good things going on! Its like America's version of Aljazeera TV!

I agree, that is true. The only good I have heard about Iraq is from the soldiers I know who have come back. I really, really hate how they slam our own people and make us look like horrible people.

americanwoman said:
I agree, that is true. The only good I have heard about Iraq is from the soldiers I know who have come back. I really, really hate how they slam our own people and make us look like horrible people.

Then throw on guys/politicians like Kerry and Durbin calling our own troops 'terrorists' and 'Nazis', and the picture gets even bleaker. Pile on Murtha and Dean saying we can't in and should surrender, and the picture gets down right bleak...if all you do is listento these bozos!

I know army guys with the Stryker division out of Fort Lewis who have been in Iraq who can't believe the reports in the media here in the U.S. They say everything is not peaches and cream but it is no where as near as bad as they make it out to be......They wonder why the media never reports the positive things that are happening there........

They can't believe they are reporting on the same war.........

easyt65 said:
Google ANYTHING and all you get is Pro-Liberal responses. Google has been catchin' he!! lately for their far left leanings.

Think I am kidding, go to Google and type in 'Pelosi Hypocrisy', 'Clinton lies', etc, and the 1st thing you get is negative responses about Bush, DeLay, etc!

Go to Donkeydo.com or Ask.com to get truly unbiased responses on anything.

God Bless Google!
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=miserable+failure

You're missing the point, Rumsfeld hasn't been right on any major issue of the Iraq war since he's been in office! Why Rummy wasn't fired is beyond belief.

Calm2Chaos said:
Exactly why isn't showing things going right the news? OOOO only thing that is news is things that make the US look bad and the desire to lose the war... Now it all makes sense

OK you're right...Send over the cameras quick!!!!! I'm about to sit down to some filet mignon and a nice single malt scotch.

No! I said get a close up of the Glenfiddich Label.

s_12yo_special.jpg

Good!
Now - over here, before we lose the shot.

There's a nice birdy outside my window....

and the stars are out tonight.....

Now that's news! :roll:

hipsterdufus said:
OK you're right...Send over the cameras quick!!!!! I'm about to sit down to some filet mignon and a nice single malt scotch.

No! I said get a close up of the Glenfiddich Label.

s_12yo_special.jpg

Good!
Now - over here, before we lose the shot.

There's a nice birdy outside my window....

and the stars are out tonight.....

Now that's news! :roll:

As I said earlier and I think you portray it nicely. The only thing you will consider news is something...anything that demeans troops or country. If it's our troops doing good things and our country helping I would never think that you would consider that news. But telling a half story or an edited clip to make a soldier look like a savage or out of control or any negative connotation and your all over that like stink on sh1t

hipsterdufus said:

Hmmmm

How about you new standard of evidence

[SIZE=-1]Results 1 - 10 of about 3,080,000 for HillaryLesbian. (0.47 seconds) [/SIZE]

Or how about this one

Results 1 - 10 of about 11,000,000 for Democrat lies. (0.38 seconds)

Stinger said:
hipsterdufus said:

Hmmmm

How about you new standard of evidence

[SIZE=-1]Results 1 - 10 of about 3,080,000 for HillaryLesbian. (0.47 seconds) [/SIZE]

Or how about this one

(0.38 seconds)

Do you have any pictures? Hubba hubba!

Deegan said:
Ewww, you can't be that dedicated.........can you?:shock: :lol:

One man's ceiling is another man's floor, one man's poison is another man's cure. ;)

Back
Top Bottom