• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Media Disinformation Campaign Failed-- 54 Million People Read Truth About Hunty Biden's Laptop

truthatallcost

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
Lol. We're not going back to the pre-internet days Dems. You will not control the free speech of Americans, no matter how much you try.
For four years, Facebook has promised to curb the spread of disinformation, but new data shows that it has failed miserably
Its most recent challenge was trying to prevent an unconfirmed report about the contents of a laptop supposedly owned by Hunter Biden from going viral on its platform.
While Twitter was slammed for its response — which saw it block URLs to the New York Post’s laptop story completely — Facebook escaped criticism, after it took what appeared to be a more considered route of reducing its distribution on users’ News Feeds before it was fact-checked.

Since the New York Post story was published on Oct. 14, it has received 2,164,601 interactions, with 54,115,025 estimated views on Facebook, according to new research conducted by digital rights group Avaaz and shared with VICE News.
But an even more startling and worrying statistic from Avaaz’s research highlights how Facebook has failed to get a handle on the spread of disinformation on its platform since the 2016 election.
Avaaz found that among those sharing the New York Post story was a network of more than 200 pages and groups — with a combined following of 13 million users — which had previously been identified by Avaaz as serial spreaders of disinformation.

The emails are real. The NYT and CNN failed to cover Biden's ass. The people know! 🤓

For four years, Facebook has promised to curb the spread of disinformation, but new data shows that it has failed miserably
Its most recent challenge was trying to prevent an unconfirmed report about the contents of a laptop supposedly owned by Hunter Biden from going viral on its platform.
Facebook has failed to get a handle on the spread of disinformation on its platform since the 2016 election.
Avaaz found that among those sharing the New York Post story was a network of

I am glad you admit Hunter story is disinformation

The only one who is practicing disinformation is kinda or should I say specifically you.

I am glad you admit Hunter story is disinformation
Did Vice specifically call the Hunter Biden laptop story "disinformation"? No, because they want to spread disinformation themselves, without lying directly about the matter. We know the emails are real, and only a larping partisan thinks they came from Russia.

We know the emails are real

1. No you don't. A word of a convict who does not like Hunter is not proof. A non-denial is not proof.

2. Even if they were real, it proves nothing about Biden. Hunter may have been running his mouth and cashing in on his name, even promising something he could not deliver, but it does not mean Joe did anything.

Lol. We're not going back to the pre-internet days Dems. You will not control the free speech of Americans, no matter how much you try.

The emails are real. The NYT and CNN failed to cover Biden's ass. The people know! 🤓
So...Vice is grousing because FB isn't suppressing free speech as much as Twitter.

I don't use either platform all that much so I don't really care about them, but I have to ask...why do either platform want to control what topics "go viral"?

1. No you don't. A word of a convict who does not like Hunter is not proof. A non-denial is not proof.

2. Even if they were real, it proves nothing about Biden. Hunter may have been running his mouth and cashing in on his name, even promising something he could not deliver, but it does not mean Joe did anything.
Uh huh. So we're at a very contentious stage of delusions and loss of contact with reality, due to the closeness of the election. Hillary Clinton supporters were in a similar haze of delusion in late October, 2016, which eventually dissipated after her loss, after the fever broke. I believe the same kind of a return to sanity will take place after Biden is defeated.

So...Vice is grousing because FB isn't suppressing free speech as much as Twitter.

I don't use either platform all that much so I don't really care about them, but I have to ask...why do either platform want to control what topics "go viral"?
Because the amount of pressure on FB and Twitter is enormous. From a business perspective, I believe FB and Twitter would rather that Trump be reelected, because his tax policies are a boon to big companies like FB, Google and Twitter. But they're constantly under pressure from one political side to censor people who are on the opposite side. Bad public relations coming from the media's commitment to giving unfavorable coverage for social media companies that don't censor conservatives is what drives censorship of conservatives on these platforms. The platforms themselves benefit from a controversial politician like Trump, because any sort of controversy increases usership of social media accounts--people want to talk about it online.

Did you happen to catch the number of people who believed the story? Views don't equate to belief. Many on here read it and dismissed it based on posts I've read.

As we watch a good portion of our media and social platforms that tried to silence this story either by not reporting on it or social media outright banning it, the story still grew long legs in the first 5 days of NYP breaking the bombshell. For the first 5 days other than the NYP, FOX news, talk radio, and websites like Real Clear Politics and the Wall Street Journal the story got out.

When Twitter and facebook locked down NYP twitter and anyone else who had retweeted the story , senators got involved because of the flat out censorship of the 4th largest and oldest newspaper in the country.

After about 4 days when the MSM realized this story was growing and not going away, the protectors of Biden like the Washington Post, NYT, MSNBC, CNN, ABC, NBC and CBS started responding to the story only to claim it was false not because they took the time to investigate it but rather pointing to Rudy Gulliani claiming it was Russian disinformation because Shifty Schiff found a camera and microphone and declared it was Russian disinformation. The former intel directors turned analysts Brennan and Clapper along with others that were part of the Obama administration said all this stuff looked like Russian disinformation.

DNI director Ratcliffe gave a statement shortly after the media was pushing the Russian disinformation crap stated intel did not show any support to that claim and called Shifty Schiff out claiming no one in Congress was briefed that the contents on the laptop was Russian disinformation. In other words Shifty Schiff was lying again. Of course the media responded that Ratcliffe could not be trusted because he was a Trumper. Then 24 hours later the FBI, DOJ spokes persons told reporters that they were in possession of Hunter Biden's laptop and concurred with Ratcliffe that the information found on the laptop was not Russian disinformation.

So then the media changed course claiming none of this information being released has been verified. Well to their chagrin real investigative reporters still exist and were out there verifying the emails by getting in contact with people whose names were on the emails to get verification. Instead they stuck with the emails have not been verified mantra calling them nothing but a smear.

But lo and behold enters Tony Bobulinski a CEO of one of the Biden family's companies. He called out Joe Biden for lying that he did not have any knowledge of Hunter Biden's business actions. Bobulinski went on to say ole Joe was referred to as the big guy that would get kickbacks from any China deal. He also claimed that Hunter Biden also referred to his father as "my chairman" and those emails are damning to the entire Biden family as they expose a pay to play scheme.

Last edited:
Because the amount of pressure on FB and Twitter is enormous. From a business perspective, I believe FB and Twitter would rather that Trump be reelected, because his tax policies are a boon to big companies like FB, Google and Twitter. But they're constantly under pressure from one political side to censor people who are on the opposite side. Bad public relations coming from the media's commitment to giving unfavorable coverage for social media companies that don't censor conservatives is what drives censorship of conservatives on these platforms. The platforms themselves benefit from a controversial politician like Trump, because any sort of controversy increases usership of social media accounts--people want to talk about it online.
If that were true, then they wouldn't be suppressing conservative voices.

Back
Top Bottom