• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

media & dems scandalizing Bush in everything

So Bush is taking some heat from the opposition and the media. What's new in politics? This is part of being president. Every one of them has had to take sh¡t. It goes with the territory. Is Bush any different than any of the rest of them? What is he weaker so we have to treat him like a mentality handicapped person? Is he so great that he is above what other presidents have had to put up with. If he is then maybe he shouldn't be president. maybe he should just go back to Texas or run for God. I am a little sick of this "poor George Bush, he gets so much sh¡t." thing. He's on the front lines. When you're on the front lines you draw fire.

Inuyasha said:
maybe he should just go back to Texas or run for God.
OMG!!!! I almost pissed my pants laughing at that.
He's on the front lines. When you're on the front lines you draw fire.
This is true.
People need to stop whining so much.
Boo ****ing Hoo.

Stu Ghatze said:
It should be paramount now, ..even to the whackos themselves that love inventing conspiracy theories, & those making the wreckless accusations & finger pointing at the whole Bush administration.

Ever since Bush took his oath of office after the 04' election, ..it has been one insane, trumped up attempt to villainize, scandalize at least him, or any person who has a link to him.

For those with short convenient memories:

Bush stole the election, Bush "might" have created 9/11 himself, Bush lied about the war in Iraq, Bush lied about WMD's, Bush is a racist, Bush had the New Orleans levees blown up to kill our black citizens, American soldiers are committing mass atrocity, White house aid outed CIA employee as payback (Valeri Plame), A culture of corruption, America cannot win In Iraq (Shades of Viet-Nam), Bush is taking away civil rights, >>>which he is CURRENTLY being accused of because of Bush's committment to ferret out foreign nationals by using electronic eavesdropping devises.

Why, ...with the news media, & leading democrats, the severity of the accusations, & charges MUST be bigger than any proofs.

The media invents & creates the TOPICS, & SO CALLED CONTROVERSIES & talking points, & the democratic party leadership invents the accusations, & lunatic conspiracy theories.

Their goal IMO, & it SHOULD be obvious by now; ..is to portray All americans as being outraged by president Bush. (it is not the case)

The other goal is to portray the Democratic party leadership as being represented by the mainstream majority. (a real laugher)

They have had a hard time stigmatizing President Bush for all of their imaginative, colorful disingenuine machinations in a pathetic effort & attempt to empower their democratic party, & even in their attempt to gather enough support for a ground swelling grassroots re-call of the president.

They have used the old 60's standard, .."individual rights /civil rights" (ooh civil rights) race, the war in Iraq, charges of insensitivity to foreign nationals, to Bush's judge nominees. (A rehash of the Viet-Nam liberal democratic Glory years) Yep....the old template of the 60's!

They have tried every concievable effort to destroy Bush's presidency, ..& anybody with a half ounce of honesty cannot even debate about it any longer. :cool:

Shouldn't you be out plotting to bomb abortion clinics somewhere? :rofl

Dare the media report an ounce of truth and alas there must be some conspiracy.

Let us not summarize the miscreant actions of Bush and his administration.

At the same time I cannot agree with some of the rhetoric from democrats either.

You are clearly one sided on the issue and anything that is disagreeable to you clearly becomes an issue of partisan politics rather than finding out the truth.

Notice I said rhetoric... because that is all the democrats are really guilty of. Actions speak louder than words and your boy Bush is a man of action.... His words fall upon deaf ears as far as I'm concerned.

Go ahead... call me a liberal elitist. Further clarify my understanding of your relentless and unconditional support for the Bush Administration.

If you don't treat the media right they will come down on you like a ton of bricks. They don't really care if you're right, left, up or down. If, as a public figure, you don't give them what they want they have the capability to crucify you. They are more than the "forth estate", they are a nation unto themselves and can ruin an individual in a heartbeat simply by "bending" the facts, which by the way, they are very good at. Be nice to your local reporter or he and his newspaper will take a bite out of your ass.

Inuyasha said:
If you don't treat the media right they will come down on you like a ton of bricks. They don't really care if you're right, left, up or down. If, as a public figure, you don't give them what they want they have the capability to crucify you. They are more than the "forth estate", they are a nation unto themselves and can ruin an individual in a heartbeat simply by "bending" the facts, which by the way, they are very good at. Be nice to your local reporter or he and his newspaper will take a bite out of your ass.

So.. it's all the media's fault that Bush implanted propaganda in Iraq? It's their fault that he intitiated a domestic spying program with no oversight? It's the medias fault that Bush used classified information to out the wife of one of his dissidents? It's the medias fault that there were no WMD in Iraq..? It's the medias fault that the intelligence reports regarding yellow cake were disputed by the originator of such reports? It's the medias fault that our soldiers are dying? It's the media's fault that absolute power corrupts?

Is that what you are trying to say? Good media reports fact and fact only. Bad media attempts to sway the perception of the people by sugarcoating facts. Some media outlets, like FOX, don't even sugarcoat it. They just create a network of pundits that, just as Bush did in Iraq, are likely subject to implanted propaganda.

Conflict said:
So.. it's all the media's fault that Bush implanted propaganda in Iraq? It's their fault that he intitiated a domestic spying program with no oversight? It's the medias fault that Bush used classified information to out the wife of one of his dissidents? It's the medias fault that there were no WMD in Iraq..? It's the medias fault that the intelligence reports regarding yellow cake were disputed by the originator of such reports? It's the medias fault that our soldiers are dying? It's the media's fault that absolute power corrupts?

Is that what you are trying to say? Good media reports fact and fact only. Bad media attempts to sway the perception of the people by sugarcoating facts. Some media outlets, like FOX, don't even sugarcoat it. They just create a network of pundits that, just as Bush did in Iraq, are likely subject to implanted propaganda.

If I wanted to say all those things I would have said them. My point............THE MEDIA CAN MAKE YOU OR BREAK YOU. I am speaking about a hell of a lot more than what you are mentioning. i am speaking way beyond politics. Just who fukked Michael Jackson? OJ is free but he's guilty. Why? Because the media said so. And on and on. Those kids parents nailed Jackson? Hell no, the media. They take revenge. it's all part of the game. You knew what i was saying don't play coy. It doesn't really fit you. You know damn well if you don't grease certain people in the media they will nail your ass. It's they way the real world works.

Inuyasha said:
If I wanted to say all those things I would have said them. My point............THE MEDIA CAN MAKE YOU OR BREAK YOU. I am speaking about a hell of a lot more than what you are mentioning. i am speaking way beyond politics. Just who fukked Michael Jackson? OJ is free but he's guilty. Why? Because the media said so. And on and on. Those kids parents nailed Jackson? Hell no, the media. They take revenge. it's all part of the game. You knew what i was saying don't play coy. It doesn't really fit you. You know damn well if you don't grease certain people in the media they will nail your ass. It's they way the real world works.

Okay. I just wanted to make sure that we were on the same page as far as "bad media". I really wasn't playing coy. Sometimes if I am not certain on the intent of a poster I will test that intent. Please take no offense to this.

I actually agree with you now that I better understand your position.

alphieb said:
You watch too much Fox News. Bush has done everything to himself. Please read my quote from him below.

OK...Here's your sig....

Nabil Shaath says: "President Bush said to all of us: 'I'm driven with a mission from God. God would tell me, "George, go and fight those terrorists in Afghanistan." And I did, and then God would tell me, "George, go and end the tyranny in Iraq …" And I did. And now, again, I feel God's words coming to me,

Now for the actual story, which took awhile to find, due to the amount of blogs and biased websites who scream and whine about this quote and try to twist it in the same context you're attempting to do...

Taken from the BBC...the SAME group that created this weak firestorm by inserting it into a special they produced on Isreal & the Arabs...

Bush God comments 'not literal'
A Palestinian official who said the US president had claimed God told him to invade Iraq and Afghanistan says he did not take George Bush's words literally.

Nabil Shaath said he and other world leaders at a Jordan summit two years ago did not believe Mr Bush thought God had given him a personal message.

Mr Bush's spokesman said the original allegation, which will appear in a BBC documentary next week, was absurd.

Scott McClellan said the comments had never been made.

The comments were attributed to Mr Bush by Mr Shaath, a Palestinian negotiator, in the upcoming TV series Elusive Peace: Israel and the Arabs....

...A Palestinian official who said the US president had claimed God told him to invade Iraq and Afghanistan says he did not take George Bush's words literally. Nabil Shaath said he and other world leaders at a Jordan summit two years ago did not believe Mr Bush thought God had given him a personal message.

Mr Bush's spokesman said the original allegation, which will appear in a BBC documentary next week, was absurd.

Scott McClellan said the comments had never been made.

The comments were attributed to Mr Bush by Mr Shaath, a Palestinian negotiator, in the upcoming TV series Elusive Peace: Israel and the Arabs.

Mr Shaath said that in a 2003 meeting with Mr Bush, the US president said he was "driven with a mission from God".

"God would tell me, George, go and fight those terrorists in Afghanistan. And I did, and then God would tell me, George, go and end the tyranny in Iraq... And I did.

"And now, again, I feel God's words coming to me, Go get the Palestinians their state and get the Israelis their security, and get peace in the Middle East. And by God I'm gonna do it."

Palestinian leader Mahmoud Abbas, who attended the meeting in June 2003 too, also appears on the documentary series to recount how Mr Bush told him: "I have a moral and religious obligation. So I will get you a Palestinian state."

'Strong faith'

But in an interview for the BBC Arabic service on Friday, he said the president - who had just announced an end to hostilities in Iraq, was merely expressing his heartfelt commitment to peace in the Middle East.

"President Bush said that God guided him in what he should do, and this guidance led him to go to Afghanistan to rid it of terrorism after 9/11 and led him to Iraq to fight tyranny," he said.

"We understood that he was illustrating [in his comments] his strong faith and his belief that this is what God wanted."

The TV series charts recent attempts to bring peace to the Middle East, from former US President Bill Clinton's peace talks in 1999-2000 to Israel's withdrawal from the Gaza Strip this year.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/4320586.stm

So you see...It's very ironic that YOU(and others) try to take what GWB said as a literal understanding of what he said(while this is STILL nothing more than an allegation), the actual people who are saying GWB said what he did are NOT taking it the same way...

Conflict said:
Okay. I just wanted to make sure that we were on the same page as far as "bad media". I really wasn't playing coy. Sometimes if I am not certain on the intent of a poster I will test that intent. Please take no offense to this.

I actually agree with you now that I better understand your position.

And I was being a smartass and I apologize for that. "Talking" on the Internet is problematic in that nuances and subtleties of the spoken word are often lost.

cnredd said:
Scott McClellan

Not to take away from your point... which may or may not be a valid point (I really don't know)....

Scott McClellan has been a verbal deference to nothingness for the white house. All he has ever actually stated is that "we want justice". He always fails to elaborate on his conjecture in the face of dissent. God forbid he answer one pertinent question directly. He is the epitome of perhaps one of the biggest PR disasters ever to hit the White House.

My favorite bush joke was when the media was getting on him for writing "I need to go use the bathroom",during a conferance, as if the president wasn't suppose to do that sort of thing. :rofl :mrgreen:

stsburns said:
My favorite bush joke was when the media was getting on him for writing "I need to go use the bathroom",during a conferance, as if the president wasn't suppose to do that sort of thing. :rofl :mrgreen:

I think that many politicians in Washington and locally don't go to the bathroom enough. That's why they're so full of sh¡t.

Stu Ghatze said:
It should be paramount now, ..even to the whackos themselves that love inventing conspiracy theories, & those making the wreckless accusations & finger pointing at the whole Bush administration.

Ever since Bush took his oath of office after the 04' election, ..it has been one insane, trumped up attempt to villainize, scandalize at least him, or any person who has a link to him.

For those with short convenient memories:

Bush stole the election, Bush "might" have created 9/11 himself, Bush lied about the war in Iraq, Bush lied about WMD's, Bush is a racist, Bush had the New Orleans levees blown up to kill our black citizens, American soldiers are committing mass atrocity, White house aid outed CIA employee as payback (Valeri Plame), A culture of corruption, America cannot win In Iraq (Shades of Viet-Nam), Bush is taking away civil rights, >>>which he is CURRENTLY being accused of because of Bush's committment to ferret out foreign nationals by using electronic eavesdropping devises.

Why, ...with the news media, & leading democrats, the severity of the accusations, & charges MUST be bigger than any proofs.

The media invents & creates the TOPICS, & SO CALLED CONTROVERSIES & talking points, & the democratic party leadership invents the accusations, & lunatic conspiracy theories.

Their goal IMO, & it SHOULD be obvious by now; ..is to portray All americans as being outraged by president Bush. (it is not the case)

The other goal is to portray the Democratic party leadership as being represented by the mainstream majority. (a real laugher)

They have had a hard time stigmatizing President Bush for all of their imaginative, colorful disingenuine machinations in a pathetic effort & attempt to empower their democratic party, & even in their attempt to gather enough support for a ground swelling grassroots re-call of the president.

They have used the old 60's standard, .."individual rights /civil rights" (ooh civil rights) race, the war in Iraq, charges of insensitivity to foreign nationals, to Bush's judge nominees. (A rehash of the Viet-Nam liberal democratic Glory years) Yep....the old template of the 60's!

They have tried every concievable effort to destroy Bush's presidency, ..& anybody with a half ounce of honesty cannot even debate about it any longer. :cool:

Yeah, Where the hell is Ken Star when you need him?

alphieb said:
You watch too much Fox News. Bush has done everything to himself. Please read my quote from him below.

Dear alphieb, ..Bush has done ''EVERYTHING" to himself?:roll:

You mean AFTER Bush met with Cindy Sheehan ONCE before, shortly AFTER her son's death, ..it was Bush's fault because he refused to meet with her again?

It was Bush's fault that Sheehan moved into a ditch to live while the media gave her tons of air-time so Sheehan could continue to call Bush a murderer?

It was Bush's fault because it is HIS constitutional duty to protect American's by doing all he could in IDENTIFYING possible terror links that exist in America by electronic survellience just so democrats can trump up "spying" charges on our president???

Sure, ..lets get a warrant AFTER the terrorist blow up americans??

The MEDIA has NOT just been reporting news, ..as you can see their gleeful smirky faces, posturing, & as always.....seeing something that does NOT exist into EVERYTHING in an effort to smear him!

First America does not have enough troops in Iraq, charges the media, along with the democratic party leadership, ..& then later, there are TOO many troops in Iraq, BRING THEM HOME!!!

And then charges of torture??? NOBODY EVER died at GITMO, ..& anybody who did at Abu-GHraib was because terror detainees assaulted our prison guards, or put them in danger.

Air-conditioning,& food given according to religious customs, & dietary laws, koran distribution etc etc....IS HARDLY TORTURE, ..YET THIS SCANDALOUS MEDIA kept up those stories over, & over again.

And...the media HAD TO KNOW that by THEIR reporting such outlandish, garrish reports would INFLAME the islamic world, ..thus putting American forces in MORE DANGER!

All Bush's fault, ..huh?

The American media is almost at the state of PURE LIBERALISM, & a love of INTERNATIONALIST law, & customs ..which is meant to curry favor with overseas listeners, ..while it ALWAYS CONDEMNS America.

Humiliation, embarrassment, & the like is NOT TORTURE!! Those islamic terrorists are hardened revolutionaries instructed in murder, assassination, & real torture themselves, ..& are TAUGHT how to resist interrogation, ..& also TAUGHT HOW TO extract MEDIA sympathy by making unfounded charges!

I can assure YOU of one thing; ..had this era been during the time of FDR, ..many within the media WOULD have been charged with giving aid & comfort to the enemy at a time of war.

A good example of this "internationalist" flair, & concern for our ENEMIES welfare during a time of war is when Bernard Shaw of ABC news REFUSED, & RECUSED himself from choosing sides in the first Iraq war!!!!

Absolute INSANITY, ..as "American patriotism" must be seen as dishonor now because of love of liberalism & internationalism as seen as "somehow" more honorable??

One could ONLY wish that Al-Jazeera news could be as g-damn STUPID, & have an ideological NEUTRALITY for their own countrymen as did ABC new's Bernard Shaw!!

Yes,....THIS is what is happening to our American mainstream media, ..& MOST American's are seeing it first hand.

You think Bush's approval ratings are down?? You ought to see what MOST Americans THINK about the mainstream media's approval??

When poll after poll in the past is asked of news people, news workers, anchor people, news writers, editors etc...in the past is asked this question; "How would you describe your political leanings"......about 70+% said, "THEY LEAN MORE TOWARDS LIBERAL"!

NO big surprise whatsoever, ..& it is as evident as "yeast in dough"!

The problem for the mainstream media today is this:

THEY DO NOT HAVE THE MEDIA MONOPOLY THAT THEY ONCE DID A FEW DECADES AGO, ..& CANNOT QUITE GET AWAY AS EASILY WITH THEIR BIASED NEWS!

One would ALMOST believe that most americans are outraged over the revelations of Bush giving the NSA the go ahead to intercept & monitor peoples phone conversations via electronic eavesdropping, & the like.....

BUT in reality, ..MOST AMERICANS AGREE WITH BUSH ON THIS TOPIC, ..& yet its the democratic party leadership, & the scandalous mainstream media that WANT PEOPLE TO BELIEVE OTHERWISE!!!

It is back to the 60's template for the liberally inspired media, & the democratic party, & nobody can refute the behavior that they BOTH are engaging in which is:

The war in Iraq is a lie, phoney civil right abuse charges, charges of torture against our servicemen, & sympathy for the enemy, & of all things "expanding" civil rights liberties to foreign nationals which makes it all the more difficult to identify them which is absolute insanity at a time such as this!!

ALL ARE SHADES OF THE SAME BEHAVIOR OF THE MEDIA, & DEMOCRATIC PARTY LEADERSHIP EXACTLY LIKE THE ERA DURING THE WAR IN VIET-NAM, & THE VERY SAME RHETORIC, & PHONEY CHARGES...but ALL WITH DIFFERENT FACES NOW!

Contemptable behavior by the media, & democratic party leaders, & make NO mistake bout it,...that is one of the MANY reasons that the DNC cannot win presidential elections anymore!.;)

Stu Ghatze said:
Dear alphieb, ..Bush has done ''EVERYTHING" to himself?:roll:

You mean AFTER Bush met with Cindy Sheehan ONCE before, shortly AFTER her son's death, ..it was Bush's fault because he refused to meet with her again?

It was Bush's fault that Sheehan moved into a ditch to live while the media gave her tons of air-time so Sheehan could continue to call Bush a murderer?

It was Bush's fault because it is HIS constitutional duty to protect American's by doing all he could in IDENTIFYING possible terror links that exist in America by electronic survellience just so democrats can trump up "spying" charges on our president???

Sure, ..lets get a warrant AFTER the terrorist blow up americans??

The MEDIA has NOT just been reporting news, ..as you can see their gleeful smirky faces, posturing, & as always.....seeing something that does NOT exist into EVERYTHING in an effort to smear him!

First America does not have enough troops in Iraq, charges the media, along with the democratic party leadership, ..& then later, there are TOO many troops in Iraq, BRING THEM HOME!!!

And then charges of torture??? NOBODY EVER died at GITMO, ..& anybody who did at Abu-GHraib was because terror detainees assaulted our prison guards, or put them in danger.

Air-conditioning,& food given according to religious customs, & dietary laws, koran distribution etc etc....IS HARDLY TORTURE, ..YET THIS SCANDALOUS MEDIA kept up those stories over, & over again.

And...the media HAD TO KNOW that by THEIR reporting such outlandish, garrish reports would INFLAME the islamic world, ..thus putting American forces in MORE DANGER!

All Bush's fault, ..huh?

The American media is almost at the state of PURE LIBERALISM, & a love of INTERNATIONALIST law, & customs ..which is meant to curry favor with overseas listeners, ..while it ALWAYS CONDEMNS America.

Humiliation, embarrassment, & the like is NOT TORTURE!! Those islamic terrorists are hardened revolutionaries instructed in murder, assassination, & real torture themselves, ..& are TAUGHT how to resist interrogation, ..& also TAUGHT HOW TO extract MEDIA sympathy by making unfounded charges!

I can assure YOU of one thing; ..had this era been during the time of FDR, ..many within the media WOULD have been charged with giving aid & comfort to the enemy at a time of war.

A good example of this "internationalist" flair, & concern for our ENEMIES welfare during a time of war is when Bernard Shaw of ABC news REFUSED, & RECUSED himself from choosing sides in the first Iraq war!!!!

Absolute INSANITY, ..as "American patriotism" must be seen as dishonor now because of love of liberalism & internationalism as seen as "somehow" more honorable??

One could ONLY wish that Al-Jazeera news could be as g-damn STUPID, & have an ideological NEUTRALITY for their own countrymen as did ABC new's Bernard Shaw!!

Yes,....THIS is what is happening to our American mainstream media, ..& MOST American's are seeing it first hand.

You think Bush's approval ratings are down?? You ought to see what MOST Americans THINK about the mainstream media's approval??

When poll after poll in the past is asked of news people, news workers, anchor people, news writers, editors etc...in the past is asked this question; "How would you describe your political leanings"......about 70+% said, "THEY LEAN MORE TOWARDS LIBERAL"!

NO big surprise whatsoever, ..& it is as evident as "yeast in dough"!

The problem for the mainstream media today is this:

THEY DO NOT HAVE THE MEDIA MONOPOLY THAT THEY ONCE DID A FEW DECADES AGO, ..& CANNOT QUITE GET AWAY AS EASILY WITH THEIR BIASED NEWS!

One would ALMOST believe that most americans are outraged over the revelations of Bush giving the NSA the go ahead to intercept & monitor peoples phone conversations via electronic eavesdropping, & the like.....

BUT in reality, ..MOST AMERICANS AGREE WITH BUSH ON THIS TOPIC, ..& yet its the democratic party leadership, & the scandalous mainstream media that WANT PEOPLE TO BELIEVE OTHERWISE!!!

It is back to the 60's template for the liberally inspired media, & the democratic party, & nobody can refute the behavior that they BOTH are engaging in which is:

The war in Iraq is a lie, phoney civil right abuse charges, charges of torture against our servicemen, & sympathy for the enemy, & of all things "expanding" civil rights liberties to foreign nationals which makes it all the more difficult to identify them which is absolute insanity at a time such as this!!

ALL ARE SHADES OF THE SAME BEHAVIOR OF THE MEDIA, & DEMOCRATIC PARTY LEADERSHIP EXACTLY LIKE THE ERA DURING THE WAR IN VIET-NAM, & THE VERY SAME RHETORIC, & PHONEY CHARGES...but ALL WITH DIFFERENT FACES NOW!

Contemptable behavior by the media, & democratic party leaders, & make NO mistake bout it,...that is one of the MANY reasons that the DNC cannot win presidential elections anymore!.;)

Paranoia Paranoia Everybody's Comming To Get MEEEEEEEEEEEE.

LOL....... You have serious issues.
Can you prove anything, or is this all speculation?
Shouldn't this be in the conspiracy theories section?

Caine said:
Paranoia Paranoia Everybody's Comming To Get MEEEEEEEEEEEE.

LOL....... You have serious issues.
Can you prove anything, or is this all speculation?
Shouldn't this be in the conspiracy theories section?

Is everybody coming to get you; ...many democrats say such nonsense?

Can "I" prove anything? You are almost hilarious, ...the news, & talking points have been as "such" as my last reply was, & recorded in history.

Where the hell have you been the last few years & the years of the Viet-Nam war era, ..perhaps spirited away in one of Bush's many so called, "concentration camps"??:2razz:

Stu Ghatze said:
Is everybody coming to get you; ...many democrats say such nonsense?

Can "I" prove anything? You are almost hilarious, ...the news, & talking points have been as "such" as my last reply was, & recorded in history.

Where the hell have you been the last few years & the years of the Viet-Nam war era, ..perhaps spirited away in one of Bush's many so called, "concentration camps"??:2razz:

Well, I see the meds werent handed out again today at Serenity Estates Mental Facility for the Criminally Partisan.

Inuyasha said:
I think that many politicians in Washington and locally don't go to the bathroom enough. That's why they're so full of sh¡t.
:rofl Really I'm on the floor laughing! :mrgreen:

Back
Top Bottom