• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

McConnell to CEOs: 'Stay out of politics.' Republicans threaten businesses opposing Georgia voting law

If he want them to stay out of Politics' then STOP TAKING THE MONEY FROM CORPORATE AND OTHER BUSINESS.

All McConnell is doing is blowing Flatulence out his ass... stinking up the air with his foulness.

Partisan cherry picking on your part. Both parties do that. If those companies were publicly supporting the Georgia bill you would be screaming bloody murder and calling for boycotts.

Lol get out Mitch.

Partisan cherry picking on your part. Both parties do that. If those companies were publicly supporting the Georgia bill you would be screaming bloody murder and calling for boycotts.
Companies should stand against Georgia's Jim Crow agenda.

If those companies were publicly supporting the Georgia bill you would be screaming bloody murder and calling for boycotts.
That's because such a stance by businesses with supporting Kemp's assault on voter rights would be a direct assault on Democracy. It's not about which side is good or bad - it's about what's right for this country. That's when and where businesses should stand firm with the citizens of the United States.

This statement ( 'Stay out of politics.') by McConnell just smacks ridiculousness coming from one of the most hypocritical critters in the Senate in modern times. This coming from one who has embraced big business and politics slopping together. Forget Georgia voting law right now. Just soak in what McConnell just stated 'Stay out of politics'!

Mitch McConnell threatens corporations over Georgia voting law (usatoday.com)

WASHINGTON — Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell denounced the opposition corporations and sports associations have expressed about a recent Georgia voting law, warning that firms should “stay out of politics."

“I found it completely discouraging to find a bunch of corporate CEOs getting in the middle of politics,” McConnell said during a Monday press conference. “My advice to the corporate CEOs of America is to stay out of politics. Don’t pick sides in these big fights.”
1617834672198.png

McConnell is an establishment ass just like most of the congress critters, however he is right about this one. If those corporations are going to get that involved in politics and take sides, they do not need an antitrust exemption

I don't recall in my 60 years of life on this planet a political party threatening a corporation with punative public policy, as it would have always seemed shamefully corrupt and partisan. Do you recall seeing this before, and do you really not find it at all troubling?

McConnell, of course, knows that corporations slammed Trump, for trying to overturn the election, and those legislators who took up his cause. I am sure that he would like to separate that from the voter suppression tactics now playing out in Republican controlled state legislatures. But it isn't difficult for corporations or anyone to draw a line from one to the other.

I don't recall in my 60 years of life on this planet a political party threatening a corporation with punative public policy, as it would have always seemed shamefully corrupt and partisan. Do you recall seeing this before, and do you really not find it at all troubling?

It's not punitive. It's just letting them know that publicly jumping into the political fray and taking sides puts their anti-trust exemption at risk. I suspect that if the corporations were going public againsts democrat party policy, you would be screaming "Off with their heads."

That's because such a stance by businesses with supporting Kemp's assault on voter rights would be a direct assault on Democracy. It's not about which side is good or bad - it's about what's right for this country. That's when and where businesses should stand firm with the citizens of the United States.

Utter nonsense. The Georgia bill is in no way an assault on voter rights.

Companies should stand against Georgia's Jim Crow agenda.

You need to get your head out of the 1960s. Nothing in the Georgia bill remotely resembles Jim Crow laws.

You need to get your head out of the 1960s. Nothing in the Georgia bill remotely resembles Jim Crow laws.
You should stop trying to preserve white dominance !!!! and stop denying the elements of Jim Crow Ideology.
(nobody cares because some White Republican People are pissed off, that they can't control and dominate the votes, to they try their Jim Crow Voter Obstructions)..
White people were pissed off in 2020 because minorities got their votes cast, and white people could not block and stop them even with all the antics they engaged in every place they could engage it.
America DOES NOT Belong to White People... The sooner Conservatives(Confederate Groomed) Republicans face that fact, America can move forward as a more peaceful nation. Society is not going to let white people dominate and control the narratives as white people did in the past.

This statement ( 'Stay out of politics.') by McConnell just smacks ridiculousness coming from one of the most hypocritical critters in the Senate in modern times. This coming from one who has embraced big business and politics slopping together. Forget Georgia voting law right now. Just soak in what McConnell just stated 'Stay out of politics'!

WASHINGTON — Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell denounced the opposition corporations and sports associations have expressed about a recent Georgia voting law, warning that firms should “stay out of politics."

“I found it completely discouraging to find a bunch of corporate CEOs getting in the middle of politics,” McConnell said during a Monday press conference. “My advice to the corporate CEOs of America is to stay out of politics. Don’t pick sides in these big fights.”

Citizens United

c54650b7278f88a3eeaa7aa7d5fce4f7.jpg

Utter nonsense. The Georgia bill is in no way an assault on voter rights.
There's certainly a lot of voting citizens and businesses who may disagree with you. On the other hand, McConnell will agree with you. ;)

The south faces a problem after a generation of enticing corporations to move there from the north for their management friendly policies, now have to live with the more progressive outlook of these companies and the employees that move there.
What makes you think the employees agree with the CEO making the statement?

There's certainly a lot of voting citizens and businesses who may disagree with you. On the other hand, McConnell will agree with you. ;)

No honest American would disagree with me on the fact that there is nothing in the Georgia bill that assaults voter's rights.

You should stop trying to preserve white dominance !!!! and stop denying the elements of Jim Crow Ideology.
(nobody cares because some White Republican People are pissed off, that they can't control and dominate the votes, to they try their Jim Crow Voter Obstructions)..
White people were pissed off in 2020 because minorities got their votes cast, and white people could not block and stop them even with all the antics they engaged in every place they could engage it.
America DOES NOT Belong to White People... The sooner Conservatives(Confederate Groomed) Republicans face that fact, America can move forward as a more peaceful nation. Society is not going to let white people dominate and control the narratives as white people did in the past.

Nothing in your post rational enough to debate.

No honest American would disagree with me on the fact that there is nothing in the Georgia bill that assaults voter's rights.
What's "honest" about partisan Republicans allowed to seize control of election boards in Democratic counties, to make it illegal to provide food or water to those waiting in long lines and limiting drop boxes? The SB 202 bill is stating that election boards in Democratic counties are dishonest, that voters waiting in long lines being provided food and water are somehow dishonest and that more drop boxes are promoting dishonest voters. Even requiring photo id for absentee ballots suggest that absentee voters are not honest Americans. Therefore, I'm stating that there are more honest American citizens who are troubled by at least some part or all of this voter restriction bill.

Translation: "Businesses should shut up! Except for that money which conservatives say is speech. Don't shut that up."

What's "honest" about partisan Republicans allowed to seize control of election boards in Democratic counties, to make it illegal to provide food or water to those waiting in long lines and limiting drop boxes? The SB 202 bill is stating that election boards in Democratic counties are dishonest, that voters waiting in long lines being provided food and water are somehow dishonest and that more drop boxes are promoting dishonest voters. Even requiring photo id for absentee ballots suggest that absentee voters are not honest Americans. Therefore, I'm stating that there are more honest American citizens who are troubled by at least some part or all of this voter restriction bill.

You are going on false assumptions. The Georgia law does not prevent water being passed out to voters waiting in line. It just prevents political party hacks from using that opportunity for electioneering purposes. It will remain perfectly legal for the precinct officials to make water available to those standing in line. As for the drop boxes they have not always existed. They have only been an item for about two decades. We somehow managed voting before drop boxes.. I have no issue with them as long as they are located where they cannot be abused. The Georgia law simply moves them into the voting precincts where they cannot be abused or used for massive ballot dumps. We do not need one on every street corner. And again, no honest citizen should have an issue with showing a valid ID in person or proving they have them when using absentee ballots. I am proud to show mine. When I vote, I would to feel reasonably sure that my vote will not be erased by voting fraud.

You are going on false assumptions. The Georgia law does not prevent water being passed out to voters waiting in line. It just prevents political party hacks from using that opportunity for electioneering purposes. It will remain perfectly legal for the precinct officials to make water available to those standing in line.
Is it guaranteed that proper drinking water will be supplied by precinct officials in every voting precinct and up to how long of lines will this fine service be available? What happens when such promised drinking water isn't supplied during hours of voting? Will precinct officers then make sure that there will be another chance for voters to return and vote when drinking water is available again?

As for the drop boxes they have not always existed. They have only been an item for about two decades. We somehow managed voting before drop boxes..
Our population has grown with more interest to vote causing higher demands for drop-off boxes.

I have no issue with them as long as they are located where they cannot be abused.
Agreed

The Georgia law simply moves them into the voting precincts where they cannot be abused or used for massive ballot dumps.
I believe that a fair number of drop-off boxes can be placed outside voting precincts with security personnel assigned to each location.

We do not need one on every street corner.
Agreed. Grocery Stores with adequate parking space to accommodate vehicle lines would be a good example for locations.

And again, no honest citizen should have an issue with showing a valid ID in person
Agreed

or proving they have them when using absentee ballots.
As long as an easy unified id system in every state is created for absentee voters at no cost to them, then I'm good with that.

Is it guaranteed that proper drinking water will be supplied by precinct officials in every voting precinct and up to how long of lines will this fine service be available? What happens when such promised drinking water isn't supplied during hours of voting? Will precinct officers then make sure that there will be another chance for voters to return and vote when drinking water is available again?

Ofcourse not, nor should it be. There is no guarantee that any precinct will hand out free water or for that matter that democrats did prior to the Georgia bill. I merely refuted the left wing claim that the Georgia bill prevents water from being made available to voters standing in long lines to vote. Let's be real here, that has never really been a critical need for people standing in voting lines. I am 67 years old and have over the years been in a long line or two and never felt the need for bottled water. If I had, I would have brought it with me. I would have preferred a hot cup of coffee. And lets be honest the only motive for a political party to had out water to people standing in line is electioneering. It's not about thirst.

Our population has grown with more interest to vote causing higher demands for drop-off boxes.

And as the population has grown, so have the number of voting precincts. And most voters absentee voters do not use the drop off boxes. They are simply a convenience in case you wait until the last minute to get your ballot in.

I believe that a fair number of drop-off boxes can be placed outside voting precincts with security personnel assigned to each location.

I disagree. Everyone has a voting precinct close enough to their home. Not that much trouble to take a ballot inside the voting place.

As long as an easy unified id system in every state is created for absentee voters at no cost to them, then I'm good with that.

I am all for that with today's technology, however absentee ballots were securely handled before such technology existed. You just had someone you know sign your ballot as a witness or had it stamped by a notary public. That way if you were of a mind to cheat, you put your witness at risk as well. Today there is technology that can verify signatures electronically.

Back
Top Bottom