• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

McCabe Fires Back

So the FBI is partisan when it may help Clinton, but not partisan when it may help Trump. Got it.

Heh. I don't think you have anything at all, but you're free to believe what you like. Conflating particular people in the FBI with the entire FBI seems to be a popular pastime. So if Comey may have had partisan motives, that necessarily means that Wray must as well?

I've offered facts clearly established in the public realm, and you've offered speculation that the IG and the FBI OPR are partisan in nature and therefore can't be believed as truthful. I don't see exactly how firing McCabe helps Trump, either. If Trump is intent on discrediting a witness who claimed the FISA warrant wouldn't have been sought without the Steele dossier, I don't see how that helps his cause. After all, if McCabe lied once, who's to say he didn't lie more often? Maybe you can 'splain that. You've done an outstanding job so far.

Heh. I don't think you have anything at all, but you're free to believe what you like. Conflating particular people in the FBI with the entire FBI seems to be a popular pastime. So if Comey may have had partisan motives, that necessarily means that Wray must as well?

I've offered facts clearly established in the public realm, and you've offered speculation that the IG and the FBI OPR are partisan in nature and therefore can't be believed as truthful. I don't see exactly how firing McCabe helps Trump, either. If Trump is intent on discrediting a witness who claimed the FISA warrant wouldn't have been sought without the Steele dossier, I don't see how that helps his cause. After all, if McCabe lied once, who's to say he didn't lie more often? Maybe you can 'splain that. You've done an outstanding job so far.

I have the same thing you do. Limited information. So limited in fact that I have no idea if he should have been fired months ago or not. Nor at this point do you.

I have the same thing you do. Limited information. So limited in fact that I have no idea if he should have been fired months ago or not. Nor at this point do you.

Well, we have the statements of people, undeniably partisan, made some months ago who were privy to some elements of the IG investigation. I did not take those statements as gospel at the time, but subsequently, those statements have been proven true. It doesn't take advanced logic or undue reason to make some conclusions in that regard, some of which themselves have also proven true in the interim. You can dismiss them if it suits you, but I'll accept them for what they clearly establish. McCabe was a bad actor. His termination was merely pro forma in my view. He can appeal if he thinks he has grounds.

Well, we have the statements of people, undeniably partisan, made some months ago who were privy to some elements of the IG investigation. I did not take those statements as gospel at the time, but subsequently, those statements have been proven true. It doesn't take advanced logic or undue reason to make some conclusions in that regard, some of which themselves have also proven true in the interim. You can dismiss them if it suits you, but I'll accept them for what they clearly establish. McCabe was a bad actor. His termination was merely pro forma in my view. He can appeal if he thinks he has grounds.

McCabe was a bad actor? Where have I heard that before? Wait, I remember now.

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/03/15/white-house-fbi-andrew-mccabe-bad-actor-465847

LAff. You're TDS is showing . ( are you sure you're not Jennifer Rubin?)
Where was I dishonest?

Your lack of education is showing. It's "your TDS", not "you're TDS".

Your (not "you're") dishonesty is one display because you can't honestly admit the GOP is as hypocritical as the Democrats were last year.

This is getting good

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2018/03/16/politics/andrew-mccabe-fired/index.html

In a blistering statement Friday night, McCabe said his firing is part of a larger effort to discredit the FBI and the special counsel's investigation.

"This attack on my credibility is one part of a larger effort not just to slander me personally, but to taint the FBI, law enforcement, and intelligence professionals more generally," McCabe said. "It is part of this Administration's ongoing war on the FBI and the efforts of the Special Counsel investigation, which continue to this day. Their persistence in this campaign only highlights the importance of the Special Counsel's work."

The obstruction of justice case is strong. If nothing else this will bite Trump on that large orange ass.

Those facts are clearly in evidence. The spin all revolves around the fact that Trump is not an admirable character in many respects. Well, duh. If anybody didn't know that a long time ago, they probably aren't aware of much anyway. Trump's character has nothing to do with the issues surrounding this mess. McCabe likely should've been fired months ago.

I’ve said numerous times regarding Bill Clinton’s ‘character’...I didn’t much care about his character. He has the values of a sewer rat. I cared about how he did his job. Ironically, there are vast numbers of leftists that excused and justified everything Bill Clinton did but still express outrage over Trumps comment that certain women...celebrity chasers...let you do anything, including grabbing them by the *****.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Your lack of education is showing. It's "your TDS", not "you're TDS".

Your (not "you're") dishonesty is one display because you can't honestly admit the GOP is as hypocritical as the Democrats were last year.

What can I say - went to a public school in a blue state.

You must have as well,since you couldn't figure out that what I was saying
"
YOU:
because you can't honestly admit the GOP is as hypocritical as the Democrats were last year.

ME:
"Partisans don't pass the shoe on the other foot test.

So when you said this:

you didn't really mean it because you're "waiting for the specifics" to decide what he did, if he should have been fired for it, how bad his transgressions were, etc. But in spite of that, you think he should have been fired months ago.

Interesting contradiction there.
Oh c'mon.
Maybe he was calling attention to when McCabe's transgressions occurred.
Whatever ... the point is that McCabe did something that caught the eye of the IG and the OPR who recommended he be let go.
Earlier Chris Wray was alerted to it and he talked to McCabe who took leave at that time.
“had made an unauthorized disclosure to the news media and lacked candor – including under oath – on multiple occasions.” has been reported as the reason(s).
Sounds serious, doesn't it?

Sessions made the decision under great pressure from Trump.

Does that mean no other AG would have followed OPR's recommendation to fire McCabe? That's what you're saying.

Does that mean no other AG would have followed OPR's recommendation to fire McCabe? That's what you're saying.

Looks more like your strawman to me.

Looks more like your strawman to me.

Then explain yourself.
If Sessions only fired McCabe because of pressure from Trump, would a different AG have fired McCabe given the same recommendation from the OPR?
Yes? ... why?
No? ... why not?

Then explain yourself.
If Sessions only fired McCabe because of pressure from Trump, would a different AG have fired McCabe given the same recommendation from the OPR?
Yes? ... why?
No? ... why not?

Well, I can certainly explain it. Only Trump-appointed administration officials are held accountable for lying under oath. <<<< It says so right there. I shouldn't have to explain such things.

I believe Comey's new, favorite Bible verse is, "Let he who is without sin cast the first stone."

Well, I can certainly explain it. Only Trump-appointed administration officials are held accountable for lying under oath. <<<< It says so right there. I shouldn't have to explain such things.

I believe Comey's new, favorite Bible verse is, "Let he who is without sin cast the first stone."

That's curious, I think people are like Samuel and are starting to look at Comey and recall ...
1 Samuel 16:7 7
But the LORD said to Samuel - "Do not consider his appearance or his height, for I have rejected him. The LORD does not look at the things people look at. People look at the outward appearance, but the LORD looks at the heart."

That's curious, I think people are like Samuel and are starting to look at Comey and recall ...
1 Samuel 16:7 7
But the LORD said to Samuel - "Do not consider his appearance or his height, for I have rejected him. The LORD does not look at the things people look at. People look at the outward appearance, but the LORD looks at the heart."

Indeed. It costs $97.00 to attend a Comey book tour event. That doesn't include the cost of the book. That's just the cost of the privilege to hear Comey speak.

This is getting good

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2018/03/16/politics/andrew-mccabe-fired/index.html

In a blistering statement Friday night, McCabe said his firing is part of a larger effort to discredit the FBI and the special counsel's investigation.

"This attack on my credibility is one part of a larger effort not just to slander me personally, but to taint the FBI, law enforcement, and intelligence professionals more generally," McCabe said. "It is part of this Administration's ongoing war on the FBI and the efforts of the Special Counsel investigation, which continue to this day. Their persistence in this campaign only highlights the importance of the Special Counsel's work."

Yeah Right! The Justice Department's own Inspector General a Barrack Obama appointee uncovers McCabe's leaking to the media, (a felony), and his lying to the FBI, (another felony), and McCabe is recommended for firing by the FBI's own internal affaires department, and we're supposed to believe McCabe is some kind of victim? Funny fellow!

Indeed. It costs $97.00 to attend a Comey book tour event. That doesn't include the cost of the book. That's just the cost of the privilege to hear Comey speak.

Well he is pretty tall ... and darned neat too.

In a way he reminds me of Sheriff Scott Israel and others like him.
He knows exactly what to say and who to say it to in order to get the most favorable coverage.

Then explain yourself.
Yes? ... why?
No? ... why not?

It's a hypothetical question, so your guess is just as good as mine.

Yeah Right! The Justice Department's own Inspector General a Barrack Obama appointee uncovers McCabe's leaking to the media, (a felony), and his lying to the FBI, (another felony), and McCabe is recommended for firing by the FBI's own internal affaires department, and we're supposed to believe McCabe is some kind of victim? Funny fellow!
Has Trump not vilified him over the last year via Twitter? Funny, he fired his own SoS over Twitter. And now he’s trying to use McCabe as a reason to get rid of Meuller. Trump and his supporters may be stupid enough to believe he’s being slick, but anyone with half a brain can see right through his charade.

Back
Top Bottom