• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Mayors who order police to not stop or arrest rioters, looters and arsonists should be prosecuted

joko104

Banned
Suspended
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Mayors who order police to not stop or arrest rioters, looters and arsonists should be prosecuted for criminal conspiracy for any crime committed by any rioter, looter or arsonist, interfering with law enforcement and organized crime under the Rico statute for which such mayor is criminally liable for any crime committed by any and every criminal act.

Police departments need reform and less power over local governments.

Police departments need reform and less power over local governments.

NO... Leaders need to take responsibility for an officer who breaks the law. The reason there is a problem is because Mayor's. city council's and police chief's
do not do their job. Over and over they do not take appropriate action to weed out troubled officer's. This issue should be solved at the local level.
But the stupid voters keep putting the same incompetent people in charge who do nothing!

Look at Portland, Minneapolis, Seattle, New York city, all run by bumbling fools!

NO... Leaders need to take responsibility for an officer who breaks the law. The reason there is a problem is because Mayor's. city council's and police chief's
do not do their job. Over and over they do not take appropriate action to weed out troubled officer's. This issue should be solved at the local level.
But the stupid voters keep putting the same incompetent people in charge who do nothing!

Look at Portland, Minneapolis, Seattle, New York city, all run by bumbling fools!

Some police unions make it nearly impossible to enact reform or remove bad police officers...and there's not much Mayors, city council's or policie chiefs can do except perhaps defund or disband the entire police department and start over. IE: Portland, Minneapolis, NYC, etc..

Police Unions Wield Massive Power in American Politics -- For Now - Rolling Stone

How Police Unions Became Such Powerful Opponents to Reform Efforts - The New York Times

Last edited:
Mayors who order police to not stop or arrest rioters, looters and arsonists should be prosecuted for criminal conspiracy for any crime committed by any rioter, looter or arsonist, interfering with law enforcement and organized crime under the Rico statute for which such mayor is criminally liable for any crime committed by any and every criminal act.

Something like this should happen...

Is there any penality for a cop who declines to enforce the law?
Serious question, not baiting you.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Is there any penality for a cop who declines to enforce the law?
Serious question, not baiting you.

None, other than being fired. At least the US Supreme Court said so.

None, other than being fired. At least the US Supreme Court said so.
I think if I were a cop in todays climate, I would stop enforcing the law. Just fill out a report and move on.

They should. But if the political will to prosecute them existed, there wouldn't be riots in the first place.

Back
Top Bottom