• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Maxine Waters tells Minnesota BLM protesters 'to get more confrontational' one day after violent anti-police clashes erupted across US

GummyVitamins

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed

Waters told the protesters at Brooklyn Center that she will fight for justice on their behalf and urged them to 'to get more confrontational' - just one day after protests descended into violence.
'I am not happy that we have talked about police reform for so long,' Waters said. 'We're looking for a guilty verdict,' she added in regards to the Derek Chauvin trial. 'If we don't, we cannot go away.'

'We gotta stay on the street,' Waters was recorded saying, adding that protesters needed 'to get more confrontational' and they should ignore the curfew in place.
Senior Congresswoman Maxine Waters is dissatisfied with the level of violence and lawlessness in Minnesota. She is calling for an escalation with increased illegal behavior. After she left a fight broke out among the violent rioters and police. I guess they gave her what she was asking for.

The irony here is she just voted to impeach Trump for inciting a riot and here she is flying to Minnesota to do precisely that.

Last edited:
She is accomplishing her goal.

This is not helpful at all. Comments like the ones below are vague and open to interpretation as to what "active" actually means. If it means peaceful protests and activism that's fine, but if taken as more civil unrest and vandalism etc. then not so much.

Maxine Waters said:
We’ve got to stay on the street and we’ve got to get more active, we’ve got to get more confrontational. We’ve got to make sure that they know that we mean business.

Maybe if we didn't see so many people killed by the police the protests might not be happening.

Guess it's different when a Democrat calls for and encourages violence.

So, what does "active" mean? Does it mean more protesters on the streets or does it mean more street violence? What does more "confrontational" mean? Does it mean more marching and civil disobedience or does it mean provoking over reaction from the police? Until those two words are clarified by either Ms. Waters or by events there is no way to know what the effects of her words will be.

Meanwhile all across America white police officers are shooting black and Latino youths. So maybe more active protests are needed and depending on the kind of confrontation which is chosen, maybe more smart, non-violent confrontation is needed. I think America is heading towards another hot summer of anger and protest/riot. The only way out of this is to make far-reaching structural reforms to policing, the criminal justice system, urban firearms regulation, public education and most importantly, innercity economic opportunities and hope for young people age 12-30 years. Otherwise another summer of discontent could mushroom into multi-locational, innercity rebellion and insurrection in America's largest urban centres.

Cheers and be well.
Evilroddy.

Guess it's different when a Democrat calls for and encourages violence.
Especially when the Democrat in question is of a minority group. In another thread, Calamity says calling her out for this is "racist".

There is no justification for what happened at the Capitol. Period.

What happened on the day was unfortunate but are you saying that if this country was under attack from within the government itself (which it is under Biden) the citizens don't have the right or responsibility to change its course? Should we just sit back and wait for the inevitable like the Jews in Germany? Their complacency didn't work out so good. I assume your going to say it should be done via the voting booth but what the DEMONRATS are orchestrating will completely silence the right. Never again another conservative president is their mission.

Agreed , but her telling Jim Jordan to shut his mouth was truly rich.
Why? She's a clown. Jim Jordan is a much more serious person who likely cares less about her running her mouth like a petulant child.

Why? She's a clown. Jim Jordan is a much more serious person who likely cares less about her running her mouth like a petulant child.

Here’s who says Jim Jordan knew - or didn’t know - about sex abuse on OSU’s wrestling team​

Actually, I am so sick and tired of you finding fault with every black person you think is a clown, and yet, real clowns, like Jordan get a bye because he is white?

Not hard to guess why.

Senior CALIFORNIA Congresswoman Maxine Waters is dissatisfied with the level of violence and lawlessness in Minnesota. She is calling for an escalation with increased illegal behavior. After she left a fight broke out among the violent rioters and police. I guess they gave her what she was asking for.​

The irony here is she just voted to impeach Trump for inciting a riot and here she is flying to Minnesota to do precisely that.
WTH is Waters doing in Minnesota?

Senior Congresswoman Maxine Waters is dissatisfied with the level of violence and lawlessness in Minnesota. She is calling for an escalation with increased illegal behavior. After she left a fight broke out among the violent rioters and police. I guess they gave her what she was asking for.

A Democrat inciting violence? NO! WAY!

Here’s who says Jim Jordan knew - or didn’t know - about sex abuse on OSU’s wrestling team​

Actually, I am so sick and tired of you finding fault with every black person you think is a clown, and yet, real clowns, like Jordan get a bye because he is white?

Not hard to guess why.
I'll just save myself some time here.
*beep*boop*beep*boop*thoughtsandreasondonotcompute*beep*boop*beep*engagedefaultleftistprotocols*..."You guys are racist racists because you're so racist and racist, as well as racist."

****ing clown shoes of a post.

She is accomplishing her goal.

So, to be consistent, the house should start removal proceedings. This is a far more direct call for violence than anything Trump said - and isn't the first time she's done it.

I won't hold my breath.

l
Maybe if we didn't see so many people killed by the police the protests might not be happening.

Oh, no! It can’t be that.

It’s too obvious.

I just don't see how she can serve in Congress any more. She did exactly what the Democrats claim Trump did, except she actually did it. At minimum, she should resign or get her dumb ass booted out.

So, what does "active" mean? Does it mean more protesters on the streets or does it mean more street violence? What does more "confrontational" mean? Does it mean more marching and civil disobedience or does it mean provoking over reaction from the police? Until those two words are clarified by either Ms. Waters or by events there is no way to know what the effects of her words will be.

Meanwhile all across America white police officers are shooting black and Latino youths. So maybe more active protests are needed and depending on the kind of confrontation which is chosen, maybe more smart, non-violent confrontation is needed. I think America is heading towards another hot summer of anger and protest/riot. The only way out of this is to make far-reaching structural reforms to policing, the criminal justice system, urban firearms regulation, public education and most importantly, innercity economic opportunities and hope for young people age 12-30 years. Otherwise another summer of discontent could mushroom into multi-locational, innercity rebellion and insurrection in America's largest urban centres.

Cheers and be well.
Evilroddy.

Took the words right out of my mouth.

Back
Top Bottom