• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Marking ‘dawn of new Middle East,’ Israel signs historic deals with UAE, Bahrain

It can compromise and make peace with those that are not considered to be living on its territory, the greater Israel project. When it comes to the Palestinians, obviously, that doesn't apply hence the issues with them.

I disagree that the Palestinians are " all or nothing " negotiators.

The application of international law should be applied to the conflict imo and the concept of might equals right rejected. The power dynamic ,however people try to justify its inclusion, doesn't really offer a just resolution of the conflict imo.
Of course that's not true given the offer that Israel made and got rejected time and again by the palestinians, but that's off topic so I'll leave it as is.

He will curry favor with the idiot left.

If you think he will sell out on Israel to ingratiate himself with the " idiot left " ( whoever they are) you will be in for a disappointment imo. The Israel lobby in US political circles is super strong whereas the far left ( who I think you are referring to) have not much in the way of influence. His appointment of Blinkin tells you all you need to know about his concerns about the US/Israel alliance

Of course that's not true given the offer that Israel made and got rejected time and again by the palestinians, but that's off topic so I'll leave it as is.

We can, respectfully, agree to disagree

If you think he will sell out on Israel to ingratiate himself with the " idiot left " ( whoever they are) you will be in for a disappointment imo. The Israel lobby in US political circles is super strong whereas the far left ( who I think you are referring to) have not much in the way of influence. His appointment of Blinkin tells you all you need to know about his concerns about the US/Israel alliance

I hope Im wrong. I'll gladly admit it if I am. I doubt I am wrong. Democrats have a history of selling out Israel to radical leftists within their own party.

I hope Im wrong. I'll gladly admit it if I am. I doubt I am wrong. Democrats have a history of selling out Israel to radical leftists within their own party.

I don't see how you can make that claim tbh.

The US financial, miltary and diplomatic support for Israel hasn't changed since after the 6 Day War and if anything has gotten waaaaaay stronger since then.

The Israeli leadership certainly seem happy with his choice of staffers so far

I don't see how you can make that claim tbh.

The US financial, miltary and diplomatic support for Israel hasn't changed since after the 6 Day War and if anything has gotten waaaaaay stronger since then.

The Israeli leadership certainly seem happy with his choice of staffers so far
The democrat party is leaning left. You literally have seated congresswomen that cheer for the demise of Israel. That mirrors the growing prog sentiment in this country. The democrats have always 'supported' Israel with a nod first to Palestinians.

Again...I could be wrong. I hope I am.

The democrat party is leaning left. You literally have seated congresswomen that cheer for the demise of Israel. That mirrors the growing prog sentiment in this country. The democrats have always 'supported' Israel with a nod first to Palestinians.

Again...I could be wrong. I hope I am.

I think your fears are misplaced.

The nod to the Palestinians doesn't actually count for much and is probably only there to appease some Arabs from the gulf states.

You only have to look at the "aid" to Israel that pours out of the USA regardless of which stripe is in the WH. Same with the US veto at the UN

Says who? The Palestinians made preconditions just to show up and negotiate, seems not that important. The veto of the Palestinians is over, the arab world don’t wait for them anymore.

Without watching the video I can see it from 2001, he wasn’t even prime minister at that time. Also, Palestinian rejectionism started at 48’ till now.
So what that he wasn't PM; after his election he spent years doing everything he could to overturn what his Labour predecessor had achieved; the road to lasting PEACE. If you're too scared to watch the video it isn't my problem. Of course Palestine rejects Israel's one-sided and completely unacceptable pre-conditions. Like, for example, Israel's adamant refusal to stop incursions onto Palestinian land and building settlements illegally. Why would anyone agree to that?
Like Ben Gurion said; 'they [Palestinians] see but one thing, we have come and we have stolen their land'. And Israel has been stealing incrementally more and more for 70 years.

Last edited:
So what that he wasn't PM; after his election he spent years doing everything he could to overturn what his Labour predecessor had achieved; the road to lasting PEACE. If you're too scared to watch the video it isn't my problem. Of course Palestine rejects Israel's one-sided and completely unacceptable pre-conditions. Like, for example, Israel's adamant refusal to stop incursions onto Palestinian land and building settlements illegally. Why would anyone agree to that?
Like Ben Gurion said; 'they [Palestinians] see but one thing, we have come and we have stolen their land'. And Israel has been stealing incrementally more and more for 70 years.

To quote Shlomo ben Ami, one of the chief negotiators on the Israeli side at one time, regarding the Oslo Accords, he stated that it was never in the agreement that Israel should discontinue building anymore illegal settlements.

It beggars belief but it's true and the number of illegal settlers has doubled and more since Oslo

Shlomo ben ami.........on the settlements as per the Oslo agreements

"If the Israelis, after Oslo, continued expansion of settlements, they were violating the spirit of Oslo, not the letter of Oslo. There is nothing in the Oslo agreement that says that Israelis cannot build settlements. "

taken from the link below ( worth watching )

To quote Shlomo ben Ami, one of the chief negotiators on the Israeli side at one time, regarding the Oslo Accords, he stated that it was never in the agreement that Israel should discontinue building anymore illegal settlements.

It beggars belief but it's true and the number of illegal settlers has doubled and more since Oslo

Shlomo ben ami.........on the settlements as per the Oslo agreements

"If the Israelis, after Oslo, continued expansion of settlements, they were violating the spirit of Oslo, not the letter of Oslo. There is nothing in the Oslo agreement that says that Israelis cannot build settlements. "

taken from the link below ( worth watching )

And people can't understand why the UN has passed Resolutions condemning routine Israeli violations of international law and the Geneva conventions, as long as your arm.
The irony here is that Israel, by becoming signatories to the UN Charter, agreed thereby to abide by those same laws and conventions. Maybe Israel should rescind her membership if she continues to ignore the law. I, for one, wouldn't miss them for a second-and I guarantee the UN membership would breathe a collective sigh of relief that they wouldn't have to waste time and energy on a rogue state which clearly has no intention of following the law.
The one remaining hope for Palestine's future is formal recognition of statehood. Slowly but surely that recognition will come; they have already been awarded non-member state observer status at the UN, which must seriously piss off the Israeli far right-wing. That makes me happy.

And people can't understand why the UN has passed Resolutions condemning routine Israeli violations of international law and the Geneva conventions, as long as your arm.
The irony here is that Israel, by becoming signatories to the UN Charter, agreed thereby to abide by those same laws and conventions. Maybe Israel should rescind her membership if she continues to ignore the law. I, for one, wouldn't miss them for a second-and I guarantee the UN membership would breathe a collective sigh of relief that they wouldn't have to waste time and energy on a rogue state which clearly has no intention of following the law.
The one remaining hope for Palestine's future is formal recognition of statehood. Slowly but surely that recognition will come; they have already been awarded non-member state observer status at the UN, which must seriously piss off the Israeli right-wing. That makes me happy.

On the slowness of recognition and the US veto forced inertia at the UN

The process is so slow , seeing as it has been an annexation process that used the facade of a " peace process " ( to paraphrase Norman Finkelstein ) we can wonder whether the two state solution is already effectively gone as an option and what that means to the people on both sides

I will be taking your house today. Get the hell out by 3:00 p.m..
It's barbaric. Jews would do well to remember their own history of forcible evictions in Europe-and worse.
Had the Palestinians won they would have done the same to the Jews, and in fact did when they had the chance.

I also noted the Palestinian rejectionism started at 48' till now, they rejected historic opportunities to reach peace agreements in 2001 and 2008 when Bibi wasn't prime minister so again you can keep shouting Netanyahu this and that, but the truth is they rejected peace even when he wasn't part of the process, even when they got more than better offers. It has nothing to do with Netanyahu but Palestinian rejectionism.
As Dennis Ross, former Middle East Envoy under President Clinton said -
Palestinian political culture is rooted in a narrative of injustice; its anticolonialist bent and its deep sense of grievance treats concessions to Israel as illegitimate. Compromise is portrayed as betrayal, and negotiations — which are by definition about mutual concessions — will inevitably force any Palestinian leader to challenge his people by making a politically costly decision.
But going to the United Nations does no such thing. It puts pressure on Israel and requires nothing of the Palestinians. Resolutions are typically about what Israel must do and what Palestinians should get. If saying yes is costly and doing nothing isn’t, why should we expect the Palestinians to change course?

I also noted the Palestinian rejectionism started at 48' till now, they rejected historic opportunities to reach peace agreements in 2001 and 2008 when Bibi wasn't prime minister so again you can keep shouting Netanyahu this and that, but the truth is they rejected peace even when he wasn't part of the process, even when they got more than better offers. It has nothing to do with Netanyahu but Palestinian rejectionism.
As Dennis Ross, former Middle East Envoy under President Clinton said -

Dennis Ross is hardly a remotely objective voice lol Just take a look at this analysis of his book Doomed to Succeed against the representations of respected scholars/commentators of the subject.

Jeffrey Rudolph said:
Accordingly, in the analysis below, I compare Ross’s views on political issues, covered in his 2015 book Doomed to Succeed, to the views of respected scholars, authors, and journalists.

The overall result is troubling. Ross consistently contextualizes issues in a misleading manner and omits salient facts in order to present Israel in a positive light.

You might as well have cited Bibi Netanyahu himself lol

Had the Palestinians won they would have done the same to the Jews, and in fact did when they had the chance.
You only have 2 and a 1/2 hours get the hell out of your house.

What needs to be understood is that the Palestinian cause, always a flag of convenience for Arab states, no longer serves those states' purposes. They are now more concerned with the threat from Iran, and on that basis seek alliance with Israel. The clock has run out on the Palestinians.

I, like the Israelis, am well-protected against Palestinian agression.
You need to be protected against me and a bunch of other Americans that are coming to take your property.

Back
Top Bottom