• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

[R.I.P.] Markie Post, known for 'Night Court' and 'The Fall Guy,' dead at 70

Bum

I survived. Suck it, Schrodinger.
Dungeon Master
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
Markie Post, the actress best known for "Night Court" and "The Fall Guy," has died at age 70.
Post’s manager, Ellen Lubin Sanitsky, confirmed the actress died in a statement to Fox News on Sunday, noting that she passed after battling cancer for almost four years.
"Our pride is in who she was in addition to acting," her family shared in a statement. "A person who made elaborate cakes for friends, sewed curtains for first apartments and showed us how to be kind, loving and forgiving in an often harsh world."

Very sad...Rest In Peace.

Very sad, but I had to look her up to remember her even a bit. From that show I just remember John Laroquette, the judge and the tall bold one.

Very sad, but I had to look her up to remember her even a bit. From that show I just remember John Laroquette, the judge and the tall bold one.
Yes...we all go in our own time, but cancer is a monstrosity that no one should have to endure; I lost both parents to that particular plague and I feel for anyone that has lost loved ones to it.

Yes...we all go in our own time, but cancer is a monstrosity that no one should have to endure; I lost both parents to that particular plague and I feel for anyone that has lost loved ones to it.
I have said it once and I will say it again

**** cancer (and the 4 letter word is well known to all), **** it to hell and back again.

I had such a crush on her, and she never lost her looks...

I'm trying to remember a show she did recently where she was a bartender with shady connections and her and her daughter had co.applications...

I had such a crush on her, and she never lost her looks...

I'm trying to remember a show she did recently where she was a bartender with shady connections and her and her daughter had co.applications...

Very beautiful.......and funny.

Cancer sucks... she fought a long hard battle. Almost four years.

Rest in peace kind woman and good soul. Your humour and beauty made a little box with knobs and dials interesting. God's speed to you and condolences to all who knew and loved you.

Very respectfully.
Evilroddy.

My cousins, magicians and entertainment personalities, grew up with Harry Anderson, the judge of night court. They both had crushes on Markie.

70 is far too young

Markie Post, the actress best known for "Night Court" and "The Fall Guy," has died at age 70.
Post’s manager, Ellen Lubin Sanitsky, confirmed the actress died in a statement to Fox News on Sunday, noting that she passed after battling cancer for almost four years.
"Our pride is in who she was in addition to acting," her family shared in a statement. "A person who made elaborate cakes for friends, sewed curtains for first apartments and showed us how to be kind, loving and forgiving in an often harsh world."

Very sad...Rest In Peace.
How so sad....and lets not forget her best role.....Mary's mom, in THERE'S SOMETHING ABOUT MARY!!!

Most recently she played the mom of one of the police officers in Chicago PD. Hard to believe she did it in between chemo treatments.

RIP Ms Post 1628526245817.png

Most recently she played the mom of one of the police officers in Chicago PD. Hard to believe she did it in between chemo treatments.

RIP Ms Post View attachment 67346980
Thank you I thought that was the last thing I saw her in but I couldn't re.e.her for certain...

For a woman of her age with cancer she still looked good...

I hope she lived a pleasant life...

Marsha Warfield (Roz from Night Court) posted this:

"Early yesterday morning, I got the news that Markie Post has passed away.
Out of respect for her family, I didn't want to say anything publicly until I saw it in the press.
But, I was shocked and devastated.

Though our recent communications were limited to social media exchanges, I had no idea she was ill.
But, I'm not surprised she didn't let on what she was going through, she wouldn't have wanted us to worry.

She has been, and will be, described as perky, bubbly, sweet, etc.
And she was.
But, she was also real, caring and kind.
I never heard a cross word from, to, or about her.

Because of our shared love of game shows, we were on set playmates.
She'd call out a word and I'd try to guess the Password.
Soon, Harry and John would join in and we'd have a rousing game going.

You hear actors saying their casts were a family, but on Night Court, the whole crew was family.
I was adopted late, but I never doubted that I was family too.

Markie was a big reason for that.
She was our welcome lady, or whatever you call that person who shows up at your door with a pie and a smile the first day you move in the neighborhood.
I never got the pie, but the smile was bright enough to make you forget pie was a thing.

Harry, Charlie and Markie were a big part of my life.
They were cast mates, co-workers, friends and family.
I will miss them, and cherish the memories we made and shared.

Three of the nicest people I've had the pleasure to know, may they rest together in peace, forever calling out Passwords, cracking jokes and sharing laughs and smiles.

My deepest heartfelt condolences to all whose lives they touched, and may their families and friends be comforted with the knowledge that there are millions of us.

Goodnight, Markie.

The Password is...sad."

~Marsha Warfield~

Rest in peace, Markie Post. I watched a lot of Night Court back in the day.

Rest peacefully Markie. 🌷

Back
Top Bottom