• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Markets 2022: Bear or Bull?

How will markets do in 2022?

• Total voters
Well, kids, that's what you call one hell of a VOLATILE session for your U.S. stock market.

HUGE losses midday, followed by a strong rally that sends all three major indexes into the green by the close.

My man Brush tweeted a BUY signal at 1:04 PM EST, near session lows...

Not a bad little call ... at least for the moment...

Well, kids, that's what you call one hell of a VOLATILE session for your U.S. stock market.

HUGE losses midday, followed by a strong rally that sends all three major indexes into the green by the close.

My man Brush tweeted a BUY signal at 1:04 PM EST, near session lows...

Not a bad little call ... at least for the moment...

This morning I debated on whether I should wait until the last hour or just jump in and go for it. I jumped in about 10:00 AM EST and didn't look back. One moment the Dow was down 600 points, then I blinked and it was down 900 and change. I was almost in a panic trying to enter buy orders. F'ing hilarious. 😄

Just counted the number of trades I've executed today, all buys: 19. 😆

So long as youre buying solid companies with earnings, and not throwing bad money after good into meme stocks on the hopes of a pump and dump.

No. I stick with good quality companies with good cash flow and earnings. In fifty years of doing this I’ve taken too many lumps being stupid. 😆 I have the Rumble SPAC, and about the highest PE stocks I have are Netflix and PayPal, both of which I think are solid companies and have been way oversold. All three are new positions, by the way.

The small investors are irrelevant. They are just going along for the ride.

The stock market is built on gambling and the big money investors determine where it goes...up or down. Either way, they win depending on their bets.

The big money investors also shape government economic policy...if they can...to their benefit. They don't care about the small investors. And they certainly don't care about the effects of their actions on Main Street.
I waiting to see what Pelosi is investing in. With her insider information I can't lose. ;)

Well, it was fun while it lasted. 😆

Seriously, I don’t see the need to urgently do anything now or in the immediate future. If the markets drop another 10% I’ll average more cash in, down another 10%—even more, all in at down 30% and forgitaboutit, since I have my next five years’ worth of IRA withdrawals in a short-term, investment-grade corporate bond ladder.

No. I stick with good quality companies with good cash flow and earnings. In fifty years of doing this I’ve taken too many lumps being stupid. 😆 I have the Rumble SPAC, and about the highest PE stocks I have are Netflix and PayPal, both of which I think are solid companies and have been way oversold. All three are new positions, by the way.

Same here, I only dabble in retail trading, but I learned not to buy these stupid companies with zero earnings, -PE, no revenue, profits, etc. Ill let other people risk it all on options.

I voted “Other.” I don’t presume to know where the U.S. stock indexes are headed, but I don’t think this is the time to assume a lot of risk in areas that are richly valued. We’re already seeing a bear market in some of these high-flying, money-losing tech stocks, and historically once that gets started it doesn’t stop as week after week they grind lower in price. I mean, it’s not like there are value fund managers sharpening their pencils and lining up to invest in shares of Teladoc or Pelaton, you know? It’s sort of like investing in tech stocks in 2001, and then waiting for them to grow into their valuations while they tread water for a decade.
It's hard to see another huge move this year after what we had the past two years. Could be a very bumpy ride with a lot of volatility this year.

It's hard to see another huge move this year after what we had the past two years. Could be a very bumpy ride with a lot of volatility this year.

There could be another huge move, just not up. 😁 Definitely a time to store a few acorns for what could be a long winter.

Its the market, it can go either way at any time. Its not rational. Look at the idiots putting their entire paycheck and credit card into a meme stock, losing it all, and then gloating about how much they lost on the internet.

Its the market, it can go either way at any time. Its not rational. Look at the idiots putting their entire paycheck and credit card into a meme stock, losing it all, and then gloating about how much they lost on the internet.

I think we’re already seeing a dampening of speculation. The thermometer on that score is the thrashing Robinhood stock has taken, otherwise known as a case study in how to turn every dollar invested into twelve cents.

Back
Top Bottom