• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Marines fire on mosque to repel attacks

akyron

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
RAMADI, Iraq (CNN) -- A coordinated attack from three directions on the governor's compound in Ramadi Monday left an unknown number of insurgents dead after an hourlong fight with U.S. Marines.

The insurgent assault -- which included car bombs, mortars, rocket-propelled grenades and machine-gun and small-arms fire -- occurred between 1 p.m. and 2 p.m., the U.S. military said in a written statement."

If marines were catching mortar fire from the Sistine Chapel I would hope they would not hesitate to level it to the ground.
Mosques can be rebuilt.

akyron said:
RAMADI, Iraq (CNN) -- A coordinated attack from three directions on the governor's compound in Ramadi Monday left an unknown number of insurgents dead after an hourlong fight with U.S. Marines.

The insurgent assault -- which included car bombs, mortars, rocket-propelled grenades and machine-gun and small-arms fire -- occurred between 1 p.m. and 2 p.m., the U.S. military said in a written statement."

If marines were catching mortar fire from the Sistine Chapel I would hope they would not hesitate to level it to the ground.
Mosques can be rebuilt.

But this will be played by the Arab news as an attack on peaceful muslims...:roll:
But you are right..

Fire from a church or mosque and it comes off the “No Target” list in a heartbeat.

cherokee said:
But this will be played by the Arab news as an attack on peaceful muslims...:roll:

Of course it will. Everything that happens there is played as our fault and used by the Radicals as PR. Is this somehow surprising?

Another good reason to get the hell out of there.

Iriemon said:
Of course it will. Everything that happens there is played as our fault and used by the Radicals as PR. Is this somehow surprising?

Another good reason to get the hell out of there.

We will
when we can....

cherokee said:
We will
when we can....

They will only when we won't.

cherokee said:
But you are right..

Fire from a church or mosque and it comes off the “No Target” list in a heartbeat.
I thought this was determined a long time ago, in Falluja? Are you confusing this, with the Sunni attack on a Mosque, perhaps?

lily said:
I thought this was determined a long time ago, in Falluja? Are you confusing this, with the Sunni attack on a Mosque, perhaps?

no its just the way the Arab news news will play it...

Well.......I'm going to have to take your word on it. I just checked Al-Jazeera and I don's see anything.

akyron said:
the U.S. military said in a written statement:
Mosques can be rebuilt.
:rofl I love that, military men know how to cut through any bulls**t.

Hi lily, haven't encountered you here before, though i'm a recent addition myself.:2wave:

Back
Top Bottom