• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Many women oppose abortion. What's wrong with them?

My comment was "not everyone". Even the percentages show that there is a large group that don't fit into those categories. If someone can pay rent and utilities and choose an abortion, they are choosing to so that they are not inconvenienced by needing to do something additional to handle those things.

Well, I am not the best judge on whether a woman can handle those changes safely. And frankly most women who have abortions are already caring for a child. When she cannot pay the rent, utilities....or ends up having complications....she is not the only one that will suffer. Her child at home will suffer as well. When I had my pregnancy troubles, I had resources. I do not pretend to know what personal or financial resources a woman has to weather a pregnancy let alone another child.

1.)Isn't even valid as an opinion.
2.)Your ignorance of what words mean is expected and once again noted.
3.)My wording is accurate. In the overwhelming majority of abortions, the female parent, a mother, hires someone to kill her offspring, her kid, for personal benefit... or as some rando online just put it, kills her kid to give herself "a more comfortable or easier situation." That's a fact. :shrug: There's no emotion whatsoever in that statement. That's just matter-of-fact reality. I don't know what delusion you live in, and I don't care.

You pro-aborts consistently and pathetically run away from what it is you support, demonstrating time after time that you cannot rationally and logically defend this position. You run away from scientific fact and definitions... and you even run away from the essential meaning of common English words.

1.) not only was it an opinion it is a proven fact. What do you have that proves it wrong? thats right nothing lol
2.) proof? facts? links? you have none. Your posted lie fails again
3.) please repost this lie as many times as you see fit because everytime you do it complete exposes the dishonesty of your retarded claims.

It's awesome watching your posts get destroyed by posters after poster and fact after fact and you referring to the dicitionary when its one of the very things that exposes the lies you posts for the dishonesty they are :)

1.)I mean I'm sure in the depths of delusion a lot of things seem ways to you. :shrug:

Here in reality on planet Earth, you just need to get a dictionary.

2.) Wait, Courtesy... you think your childish tantrums and constant baiting have ever constituted winning an argument? Ever? :lamo That's just tragic. You have my pity.

3.) Thankfully I do. When you think you can defend your support for legal contract killing with something approaching logic or reason and some semblance of honesty, do let me know. In the meantime, you're clearly committed to euphemism and lies and I'm not really interested.

1.) dictionaries have proved your retarded lies wrong over and over again. Disagree? simply use facts and a dicitionary to support any of your lies.
lie1 abortion = homicide
lie2 most abortions are factually for convenience

go for it, you will fail and the dicitionary will prove it :)

2.) its odd he has your pity when you described your failed arguments perfectly
3.) and another dodge, more lies and just your post completely running away from the truth and actually trying to debate. Your posts and lies get owned again, par for the course.

1.)Has never happened.
2.)See above.
3.):shrug: Pete and Repete were in a boat, Pete fell out...

1.) lie #1
2.) Lie #2
3.) and another dodge.

Weird, you keep posting yet providing no facts. Please in your next post, provid ONE fact that supports your destroyed claims. Thanks

1.) dictionaries have proved your retarded lies wrong over and over again. Disagree? simply use facts and a dicitionary to support any of your lies.
lie1 abortion = homicide
lie2 most abortions are factually for convenience

go for it, you will fail and the dicitionary will prove it :)

2.) its odd he has your pity when you described your failed arguments perfectly
3.) and another dodge, more lies and just your post completely running away from the truth and actually trying to debate. Your posts and lies get owned again, par for the course.

Ignorant nonsense. Just goes to show how bad ignorance. Dictionaries dodon't do anything. Especially prove have any idea of what your talking about abortion and homocide. In your illness, I would retire if I were you. Ohh my God, stop my

Ignorant nonsense. Just goes to show how bad ignorance. Dictionaries dodon't do anything. Especially prove have any idea of what your talking about abortion and homocide. In your illness, I would retire if I were you. Ohh my God, stop my
Not sure what all this even says but everything "I" actually said has been proven many times by many posters with links pro-life and pro-choice
If you disagree please simply prove that abortion is equal to homicide, and that 99% are done solely for convenience, thanks :shrug:

Back to the topic of the thread, there is absolutely nothing wrong with a woman opposing abortion.

Why does having a vagina mean you cannot oppose abortion.

I do not get the context of this thread.

Is the OP saying all individuals with vaginas must believe the same things.

Weird,:shock:

Back to the topic of the thread, there is absolutely nothing wrong with a woman opposing abortion.

Why does having a vagina mean you cannot oppose abortion.

I do not get the context of this thread.

Is the OP saying all individuals with vaginas must believe the same things.

Weird,:shock:

The context or point of this thread would seem to be pointing out to your peer group that half of abortion opponents are women, and another relevant bit of context would be how your peer group, both here and other places, constantly levies allegations of misogyny against those who oppose abortion.

So the question, I suppose then, is asking you if you think something is wrong with them and if you all think they hate women.

It IS a solid point to make, though the approach is a bit wonky and indirect... certainly not my style.

I support the right of women "to not be forced to have an abortion". I support the right for a woman to never choose to have an abortion.

I don't support the right of a woman who personally doesn't believe in having an abortion to control the right of all other women to choose for themselves as to whether or not they should have an abortion.

I don't support the government to have the right to control how many children a woman will or won't have.

I don't support religions having the right to control women's choices to give birth or not.

"Convenience" or "inconvenience", whichever suits your fancy, as a reason to abort, is nobody's business but a woman who has become pregnant - under any given circumstances.

The taxpayers, mostly pro-fetus advocates don't want their tax money going toward expenses that support unwanted children who wind up in the system or to single mothers who needs social services to help support a child. Pro-fetus advocates believe the unwanted kid is punishment for having irresponsible sex.

Pro-fetus advocates believe the unwanted kid is punishment for having irresponsible sex.

This is a damned lie. The only ones who talk about kids as punishments are pro-aborts like soon-to-be-thankfully-former President Obama.

Many women honestly and sincerely oppose abortion. What's wrong with them?
They're not all dumb and/or uneducated. Many of them are educated, intelligent, thoughtful, caring, and so on. Yet to hear some talk about it, you'd swear they're abandoning "The Sisterhood", or something.
"Educated" and "fully educated with respect to all aspects of the Overall Abortion Debate" are two different things. It is quite easy for anyone, with a limited collection of facts, to reach a conclusion that is different from what that same person would reach when in possession of all the relevant facts.

ALSO: There exist such things as Stupid Prejudice and Stupid Hypocrisy (no such things as "intelligent prejudice" or "intelligent hypocrisy"), and those things can only exist while actively denying relevant facts. Thus many women who oppose abortion are ignorant in one or both of two ways (simply not knowing something relevant, and/or deliberately refusing to accept --actively ignoring-- the truth of something relevant).

Male abortion opponents generally have the same issues (often in addition to control-freak problems, thinking that just because they want offspring, women must be forced to give them offspring).

"Educated" and "fully educated with respect to all aspects of the Overall Abortion Debate" are two different things. It is quite easy for anyone, with a limited collection of facts, to reach a conclusion that is different from what that same person would reach when in possession of all the relevant facts.

ALSO: There exist such things as Stupid Prejudice and Stupid Hypocrisy (no such things as "intelligent prejudice" or "intelligent hypocrisy"), and those things can only exist while actively denying relevant facts. Thus many women who oppose abortion are ignorant in one or both of two ways (simply not knowing something relevant, and/or deliberately refusing to accept --actively ignoring-- the truth of something relevant).

Male abortion opponents generally have the same issues (often in addition to control-freak problems, thinking that just because they want offspring, women must be forced to give them offspring).

If they believed women must be forced to give them offspring wouldn't they expand the scope of their argument? If they really wanted to force women to give them offspring wouldn't they also support forcing women to be pregnant in the first place? Why just force them to give birth to the offspring if that was indeed their goal?

No offense, but I think you're missing the point somewhat there. There is a large difference between disapproving of your wife/girlfriend killing your offspring and desiring to force her to give you offspring. Hint: The unborn is offspring by definition.

If they believed women must be forced to give them offspring wouldn't they expand the scope of their argument?
That would be Politically Incorrect in a democracy, and would backfire. So they have to make up other worthless arguments, like saying "human life is generically special" (without providing any supporting evidence) to disguise the one reason they can't openly admit. I will suggest that Real Men have a duty to educate themselves until they stop being ignorant, Stupidly Hypocritical, Stupidly Prejudiced control-freak louts, and until each becomes able to EARN the favor of a woman, to the extent that she might voluntarily choose to suffer from a pregnancy long enough to carry his offspring to term.

If they really wanted to force women to give them offspring wouldn't they also support forcing women to be pregnant in the first place?
SOME DO. The generic problem is, sex doesn't automatically cause pregnancy.

Why just force them to give birth to the offspring if that was indeed their goal?
BANNING ABORTION IS THE NEXT-BEST THING, FOR THEM.

No offense, but I think you're missing the point somewhat there.
THE ORIGINAL POST WAS A QUESTION. It had no point about male abortion opponents. My reply simply introduced another factor that doesn't apply much to women (because if they want to carry a pregnancy to term, they will try to do that thing, and probably succeed 5/6 of the time).

There is a large difference between disapproving of your wife/girlfriend killing your offspring and desiring to force her to give you offspring.
NOT SO LARGE. The Law basically grants a woman ownership of a man's offspring during pregnancy; that's why he can be ignored if she wants to abort. He can only be given offspring if the woman has a successful birth. And that's where what I originally wrote "is coming from", because "men wanting abortion banned" is equivalent to "men insisting pregnant women give them their offspring". You are coming from a slightly different point, the origin of offspring. I admit what I wrote could have been stated more precisely, though.

And some will never know !

We can deduce His "nature" in the context of the cruelty that his believers impose in his name. Shameless piety is the worst kind.

I once saw mother theresa giving her nobel award speech. It was entirely about abortion being murder.

You know, if republicans dwell on sexual issues because they fail at sex, i guess women who obsess on this never had to worry about unwanted pregnancy

Many women honestly and sincerely oppose abortion. What's wrong with them?

They're not all dumb and/or uneducated. Many of them are educated, intelligent, thoughtful, caring, and so on. Yet to hear some talk about it, you'd swear they're abandoning "The Sisterhood", or something.

Feminism means supporting all my sisters. Including those I disagree with. And they've as much a right to disagree with abortion as a man does. More so, IMO.

But there's a lot of ignorance surrounding the subject these days, as highlighted by the third US debate in October; no one goes through eight months of discomfort, extra weight, mood swings and the possibility that all of her shoes may be a size too small at the end of it all to say "Whelp, I realize NOW that I'm not fit, so suck it outta me, Doc!"

And also, late term abortion after 30 weeks is just induced labour since that's what usually the safest way to end the pregnancy at that point, and you'll need to get that medically cleared with a doctor for that to happen.

This is a damned lie. The only ones who talk about kids as punishments are pro-aborts like soon-to-be-thankfully-former President Obama.

Well gee, how else is there to interpret sentiments like "If you can't afford a child, then don't have sex" and "women should know to keep their legs shut"?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Well gee, how else is there to interpret sentiments like "If you can't afford a child, then don't have sex" and "women should know to keep their legs shut"?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Meh. Women in the child support debate use the same kind of arguments against men.

Meh. Women in the child support debate use the same kind of arguments against men.

Not really. Both parties are responsible for supporting their child. BOTH parties need to use protection or abstain if they are not prepared to support a child- financially or otherwise.

But responsibility for abstainence or birth control on both parties.

Not really. Both parties are responsible for supporting their child. BOTH parties need to use protection or abstain if they are not prepared to support a child- financially or otherwise.

But responsibility for abstainence or birth control on both parties.

Yes really. Women flip the argument on men in the child support debate, so the idea that I'm supposed to listen to women complain about it being used against them in the abortion debate just doesn't work for me.

Yes really. Women flip the argument on men in the child support debate, so the idea that I'm supposed to listen to women complain about it being used against them in the abortion debate just doesn't work for me.

Flip what?

Both parties are responsible.

If you do not want a child, either abstain or use the best contraception that you can afford. And this contraception should be used no matter what the other partner is using.

Flip what?

Both parties are responsible.

If you do not want a child, either abstain or use the best contraception that you can afford. And this contraception should be used no matter what the other partner is using.

The argument is flipped by turning the line keep your legs shut into keep your pants up. In the abortion debate people use the line keep your legs shut to tell women to not have sex to avoid pregnancy, while in the child support debate people use the line keep your pants up to tell men to not have sex to avoid being a father.

Really, I could go over a bunch of stuff in this debate that is hypocritical trash.

Last edited:
The argument is flipped by turning the line keep your legs shut into keep your pants up. In the abortion debate people use the line keep your legs shut to tell women to not have sex to avoid pregnancy, while in the child support debate people use the line keep your pants up to tell men to not have sex to avoid being a father.

Really, I could go over a bunch of stuff in this debate that is hypocritical trash.

As long as it is applied equally, I see no issue.

Besides....when folks use the "keep her legs shut" as a slut shamming tactic at best. I say either party that does not wish to be responsible for a baby should either abstain or use birth control. That is not anti men anti women. It is pro responsibility.

Back
Top Bottom