• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Manchin demands Biden apologize for 'outrageous' coal comments: 'Time he learn a lesson'

anatta

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
renewables are supposedly cheaper, but since they cant be a primary source ( no storage or in demand ramp up) and require subsides
Coal is still sought after in India and China.. nuclear is still the best option. Macron is pushing nuclear.. Shutting down coal is nuts
No one is building new coal plants because they can’t rely on it. Even if they have all the coal guaranteed for the rest of the existence of the plant," Biden said.

"So it's going to become a wind generation," Biden continued. "And all they're doing is it’s going to save them a hell of a lot of money and using the same transmission line that they transmitted the coal-fired electric on, we're going to be shutting these plants down all across America and having wind and solar power."

Let me be clear, this is something the President has never said to me," Manchin said of the Biden comments. "Being cavalier about the loss of coal jobs for men and women in West Virginia and across the country who literally put their lives on the line to help build and power this country is offensive and disgusting.

"The President owes these incredible workers an immediate and public apology and it is time he learn a lesson that his words matter and have consequences," Manchin said.

Just like Her Thighness Clinton running her trap to Coal miners. Leftist are cruel

renewables are supposedly cheaper, but since they cant be a primary source ( no storage or in demand ramp up) and require subsides
Coal is still sought after in India and China.. nuclear is still the best option. Macron is pushing nuclear.. Shutting down coal is nuts
No one is building new coal plants because they can’t rely on it. Even if they have all the coal guaranteed for the rest of the existence of the plant," Biden said.

"So it's going to become a wind generation," Biden continued. "And all they're doing is it’s going to save them a hell of a lot of money and using the same transmission line that they transmitted the coal-fired electric on, we're going to be shutting these plants down all across America and having wind and solar power."

Let me be clear, this is something the President has never said to me," Manchin said of the Biden comments. "Being cavalier about the loss of coal jobs for men and women in West Virginia and across the country who literally put their lives on the line to help build and power this country is offensive and disgusting.

"The President owes these incredible workers an immediate and public apology and it is time he learn a lesson that his words matter and have consequences," Manchin said.

The entire coal industry employees less people than Arby's, and Arby's needs workers.

Manchin is bought and paid for by his rich coal buddies. DERP.
He says LOTS of dumb stuff imo.

"The President owes these incredible workers an immediate and public apology and it is time he learn a lesson that his wordwho just s matter and have consequences," Manchin said.

Manchin, isn't he the guy who just worked with Schumer and Biden to pass the latest multi-billion dollar spending bill?

Coal is not the preferred energy source. Eventually it'll all be shut down. However to mitigate risks associated with severe energy shortages (i.e war, natural disaster, etc) I think they should keep at least some coal infrastructure going until other forms of energy production reach full maturity/reliability. Also more importantly, with a working system/model we can scale up and expand if we absolutely have to.

Much of Joe’s money is tied to coal!

And he can apologize to the buggy whip manufacturers while he’s at it.

I’m amazed coal miners haven’t removed themselves from the gene pool already. Hard dangerous work that kills you eventually, one way or another. If the roof doesn’t cave in it’s cancer for you!

Yay fossil fuels!

And he can apologize to the buggy whip manufacturers while he’s at it.

I’m amazed coal miners haven’t removed themselves from the gene pool already. Hard dangerous work that kills you eventually, one way or another. If the roof doesn’t cave in it’s cancer for you!

Yay fossil fuels!
From what I know, coal miners don’t have much choice as to careers and once they start mining there is a strong brotherhood bond formed.

Well, if you geht paid off by the coal industry, as this horrible piece of shit, arsehole Manchin is, you would say so...

From what I know, coal miners don’t have much choice as to careers and once they start mining there is a strong brotherhood bond formed.
Well, Hillary Clinton ran on providing training for coal miners to become proficient in other careers. That went about as well as you'd expect.

I really can't muster up much care for anything Manchin has to say nowadays. He's the one who supposedly let Schumer sucker him into voting for a bill who's purpose is to destroy the fossil fuel industry...including coal.

coal is crappy but it's better then renewables. Natural gas is better then coal for reliablility and cost and heating
The crying shame of it is even France understands nuclear energy is the best way for electrification.
so we are stupider then France
Charge your EV to a renewable only power source, as long as it's windy and not dark you'll be fine! :rolleyes:

It’s silly to desire to shut down coal plants. It makes sense to talk about a pipeline to future jobs in the energy sector after coal inevitably dies.

But, at the same time, it’s also delusional to think that the energy jobs of the present and future are going to be the ones that these guys can get to quickly.

Well, Hillary Clinton ran on providing training for coal miners to become proficient in other careers. That went about as well as you'd expect.

“Put them out of business” is what she basically said on the stump. And it was a bad play that only appeased the greenies.

“Put them out of business” is what she basically said on the stump. And it was a bad play that only appeased the greenies.
You’re not wrong. Clinton’s policies and her style were mutually assured destruction.

But Trump said coal was coming back!!

He pandered and the uneducated rubes lapped it up. Trump did the same with the steel industry in PA 2016. Perhaps that's why the man lost PA in 2020, empty BS promises.

Back
Top Bottom