• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Make no mistake, Trump is responsible for our current unrest.

Showtime586

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate
While the radical Trump supporting terrorists that stormed the US Capitol are responsible for their own actions, let's examine for a moment how they got there.
Weeks and weeks, months and months of totally unfounded claims of election fraud by Trump. Lawsuit after lawsuit dismissed. State after state certifying the election results. Weeks and weeks of smaller protests culminating with a Trump incited attempted takeover of the US Capitol. All of this based on unfounded claims by an egomaniac that cannot accept the fact that more people wanted Biden to be president than wanted him. Claims btw, that tRump continues to make even in light of the recent attack on our democracy.
When you examine the "whole" instead of just the "part", there exists one and one person only that bears the blunt of the responsibility for our current situation. That person is Donald J. Trump.

While the radical Trump supporting terrorists that stormed the US Capitol are responsible for their own actions, let's examine for a moment how they got there.
Weeks and weeks, months and months of totally unfounded claims of election fraud by Trump. Lawsuit after lawsuit dismissed. State after state certifying the election results. Weeks and weeks of smaller protests culminating with a Trump incited attempted takeover of the US Capitol. All of this based on unfounded claims by an egomaniac that cannot accept the fact that more people wanted Biden to be president than wanted him. Claims btw, that tRump continues to make even in light of the recent attack on our democracy.
When you examine the "whole" instead of just the "part", there exists one and one person only that bears the blunt of the responsibility for our current situation. That person is Donald J. Trump.
Really? You mean to say that Trump is not perfect and, never wrong, and never makes a mistake.? If you ask him, that is exactly what he will tell you.

While I do agree that Trump bears some responsibility for the current situation, he is not totally to blame. You seem to be giving those who believed Trump's alleged claims and acted upon them a free pass. They made a choice. Those who entered the Capital and did damage are as much to blame as Trump. They made a choice. T

While I do agree that Trump bears some responsibility for the current situation, he is not totally to blame. You seem to be giving those who believed Trump's alleged claims and acted upon them a free pass. They made a choice. Those who entered the Capital and did damage are as much to blame as Trump. They made a choice. T
Not at all. Those who rioted are certainly to blame for their actions. However, the bulk of the blame and accountability of the entire situation falls squarely on the person who is still perpetuating the voter fraud lies today.

Sorry but that's not a very strong argument. You can make the same claim for just about every bad deed done at the behest of a leader.

And in the country considered the cradle of democracy, there is little you could say or do to fans the flames of unrest more so than convincing an undereducated band of faithful followers that their vote is being stolen from them and they HAVE to stop it.
For selfishly telling these lies to his cult over and over for months, he bears a great deal of responsibility.

33.3% Trump
33.3% Right wing media and GOP validating Trump nonsense
33.3% Rioters

That's kind of like saying that Susan Atkins being too stupid to stand up to Manson makes Manson slightly less responsible.

If Manson had not ordered his cult to murder, they would have spent all their time taking acid trips and having orgies.

That's an contradicting statement. If you examine the whole instead of the part you would see MORE people to blame, not less. In fact, by using the phrase 'blunt (brunt) of the responsility', youre confirming it, and brunt infers a greater part of a whole. So there has to be more than one person responsible.

Trump is part of a greater whole of decades or even centuries of divisive political power games.

see this is what is WRONG with our country today imo

if i **** up, I AM TO BLAME....me, no one else....ME

The people that stormed the capitol were ADULTS....not children.....ADULTS

They are responsible for their own damn actions, PERIOD!

If i tell you to jump off a roof and you do it, am i to blame? Hell no.....you were stupid enough to act upon my words....

We are adults....we get to choose whether or not to act civilly or to act like brigands.....

If you disagree with government, you are allowed to "peacefully" protest....any mayhem you cause is on you, and ONLY YOU

So tired of people passing blame onto others for everything wrong

Trump doesn't create problems. What he's an expert at is identifying existing problems and making them much, much worse. He took all our cultural and racial divisions and dialed them to 11.

It's really no different than his response to the pandemic. He didn't create the virus. He just responded to it in a way that gave us one of worst mortality rates on the planet. For all your "Make shit worse" solutions, accept no substitutes. Get Trump.

If i tell you to jump off a roof and you do it, am i to blame? Hell no.....you were stupid enough to act upon my words....

We are adults....we get to choose whether or not to act civilly or to act like brigands.....

If you disagree with government, you are allowed to "peacefully" protest....any mayhem you cause is on you, and ONLY YOU

Going by your logic, no mob boss would be in prison and "incitement to violence" wouldn't be an indictable offense.

However, I do have to give you credit for one thing: you're the first conservative to not blame the rioters on Democrats.

if someone ORDERS someone to do something, that is a different story

so lets not compare apples to fruit flies

not the same things at all

I guess that makes sense.

Trump was responsible for the death of George Floyd and the subsequent peaceful protests.

Trump was responsible for allowing COVID to circle the globe and kill millions of people.

Trump was responsible for a hurricane that wiped Puerto Rico off the map.

Trump is responsible for BREXIT

Trump is responsible for otherwise fine people putting ketchup on their steak

Why shouldn't he be responsible for all the civil unrest in this nation? Nobody else wants to be responsible so we may as well drop it on Trump's shoulders.

Trump's not capable of attracting supporters higher than the absolute dregs of society. We saw that quality in the Capitol last week. They're drawn to him like flies are drawn to--and do I actually have to use the word that Trump represents? Clue: 4-letters; starts with "s" and ends with "t".

While all that's true, if you can get someone else to take the hit then you still get your cookie after dinner and THAT is the important thing!

The problem with your post is the use of the word "adults". From a legal point of view, anyone above 21 is an adult but the reality is that many, many, many people even of old age are still children mentally and though legally you may blame them as adults for doing something wrong, emotionally you are responsible if you are someone that is respected and listened to.

The definition of a cult normally means all the members are adults (have never heard of a cult made up of children) and yet the leader of a cult is often blamed for what happens to the members. Perfect example is the Jonestown cult where at the order of the leader, 917 people committed suicide. Are you trying to say that the leader of the cult had no blame at all for that?

And don't forget "incitement to violence." It looks like your "They are responsible for their own damn actions, PERIOD!" statement will be taking a journey.

I say place the blame equally. The rioters chose to let Trump lead them astray ..... that is their fault.

It is the rioters fault for making the choice to become violent and destructive.

It is the rioters fault for not taking the time to do some fact checking.

It is the fault of Trump followers and worshippers to fall for the party BS regarding fake news. The lions share
of this GOP party are not republicans instead they are libertarians and fundamentalists being manipulated by
ALEC experts funded mostly with KOCH Dollars/KOCH Industries. Neither of these two groups can win elections
based on their own politics and lord knows they have tried and lost effectively. SOOOOOOO Koch dollars effectively
cleaned out the GOP and filled in primarily with Libertarians who run as Republicans which makes the GOP a fake
GOP.

DEMOCRATS don't do as conservatives do and worship politicians instead every day hold their feet to the fire and
call them out when they lie = always question authority.

So, according to you charge of "inciting violence" is NOT an offense, right?

Incite is NOT ordering.

Check it out - incitement

And don't forget "incitement to violence." It looks like your "They are responsible for their own damn actions, PERIOD!" statement will be taking a journey.

i understand "incite to violence"

now using the legal definition, show me in his speech where he "incited the crowd to violence"

i have read it 3x....

he lies, he bloviates....he continues on the same stupid crap about election fraud that he had been touting for weeks

where does he say "lets go take over the capitol" or "lets go hurt people in the capitol" or anything close to those kind of words

because i sure in the hell didnt see them

i understand "incite to violence"

now using the legal definition, show me in his speech where he "incited the crowd to violence"

i have read it 3x....

he lies, he bloviates....he continues on the same stupid crap about election fraud that he had been touting for weeks

where does he say "lets go take over the capitol" or "lets go hurt people in the capitol" or anything close to those kind of words

because i sure in the hell didnt see them

Force-feeding millions of already-angry people the message that representational power was stolen from them by those they've been told for decades are their enemy, and telling them to fight, and treating right wing murderers like they're heroes, is the incitement to violence. It had a predictable and inevitable outcome, and it's not even close to being over.

If you want to know why Palestinians never condemn their suicide bombers, look at the messaging being pumped into their brains morning, noon and night. It's literally the same thing here. And if you don't get that, then you have to be perpetually confused why it is that every government agency regularly considers right wing extremism the greatest domestic threat in America today.

Not at all. Those who rioted are certainly to blame for their actions. However, the bulk of the blame and accountability of the entire situation falls squarely on the person who is still perpetuating the voter fraud lies today.
Did "the person who is still perpetuating the voter fraud lies today" convince you to riot at the Capital? Trump didn't convince me. Nor did Team Trump, S. Powell, L. Wood, etc. I am not saying Trump does not carry any responsibility. I am not convinced Trump carries the "bulk" of it. If he does, it is a sad statement about the ones who took what he said and rioted.

Sorry but that's not a very strong argument. You can make the same claim for just about every bad deed done at the behest of a leader.

And in the country considered the cradle of democracy, there is little you could say or do to fans the flames of unrest more so than convincing an undereducated band of faithful followers that their vote is being stolen from them and they HAVE to stop it.
For selfishly telling these lies to his cult over and over for months, he bears a great deal of responsibility.
In a nutshell, I hold the president to a much higher standard of accountability. JMHO

I guess that makes sense.

Trump was responsible for the death of George Floyd and the subsequent peaceful protests.

Trump was responsible for allowing COVID to circle the globe and kill millions of people.

Trump was responsible for a hurricane that wiped Puerto Rico off the map.

Trump is responsible for BREXIT

Trump is responsible for otherwise fine people putting ketchup on their steak

Why shouldn't he be responsible for all the civil unrest in this nation? Nobody else wants to be responsible so we may as well drop it on Trump's shoulders.

Screenshot_20210105-165409_Twitter.jpg

Back
Top Bottom