• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Mafia Championships Season 5

reinoe

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Centrist
Thingyman said:
SEASON 5: GENERAL CHAT & DISCUSSION

KWKcJqj.png

[box=What is The Mafia Championship?]
The Mafia Championship, founded in 2013, is an annual forum tournament series that pits representatives from various online Mafia (aka Werewolf) communities against one another as they compete to determine the Internet’s greatest forum Mafia player. Each participating community democratically elects one person to represent them and fight on their behalf.

[box=What is this year's format?]
The tournament structure:
  • 10 Qualifying Games will be played, consisting of 17 players each. I.e. every representative plays in one Qualifying Game. The players themselves vote post-game to determine who is deserving of advancement. 1st place will advance directly to the Finale Game (i.e. 10 of the 17 finalists are found this way), while the 2nd places will advance directly to one of the two Wildcard Games.
  • A Jury consisting of finalists from Season 4 will along with me discuss and vote to determine 1 additional finalist out of everyone that didn't directly advance (doesn't need to be one of the 2nd places) PLUS a group of 24 wildcard players who will play in 2 Semi Final Wildcard Games along with the 2nd places that advanced directly to these. From each of these two games, three players will directly advance to the Finale Game.
  • The Finale Game is played. Once it has completed, the players vote to determine who shall hold the title of Season 5 Champion.
The jury:
@AragakiAyase (Flash Flash Revolution)
@Asmodeus (Flash Flash Revolution)
@Dels (GameFAQs)
@deoxygenated (Grey Wolf Amnesia)
@Dixie (Weerwolven van Wakkerdam)
@dLGN (Super Mafia All-Stars)
@Formal Shorts (Football365)
@Halima (Kylä)
@Jamie (Zelda Dungeon)
@Kami (OneHallyu)
@Maciejasjmj (What the Daily WTF?)
@Nachomamma8 (Rational Skepticism)
@Ryker (Smashboards)
@Voxxicus (Dark Lord Potter)
@Yeti (Smogon)
@Yraelz (Debate.org)

The setup:

SETUP DETAILS FOR 2X5

Column 1Column 2
Mafia Goon
Mafia Goon
Mafia Goon
Mafia Goon
Mafia Goon
Mafia Goon
Mafia Goon
Mafia Role Cop
Row ATown Even Night Vigilante
Town Roleblocker
Town Voyeur
Town Even Night Vigilante
Town Roleblocker
Town Tracker
Row BTown Even Night Vigilante
Town Jailkeeper
Town Jailkeeper
Town Voyeur
Row CTown Tracker
Town Jailkeeper
Town Tracker
Town Jailkeeper
Town Voyeur
Row DTown Tracker
Town Roleblocker
Town Voyeur
Town Jack of All Trades*
Town Motion Detector
Row ETown Doctor
Town Jack of All Trades*
Town Doctor
Town Roleblocker
Town Motion Detector

*Town Jack of All Trades: 1x Vigilante, 1x Roleblocker, 1x Tracker.
Hey guys. This is to mention the mafia championships. The organizer probably is completely unaware of our small existence but I want everyone to know about it.

As you can see the days are much MUCH shorter there than here (the longest "days" would be 72hrs, and the "nights" are typically 12-24 hrs. Its a different pace but seeing us represented would be exciting. I edited this post down a lot to save space.

Back
Top Bottom