• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Louisiana Lawmaker Forced to Clarify There Was No ‘Good’ in Slavery

Do you mind enlightening the rest of us
As to the ‘us’ you reference — sadly this has proven IMPOSSIBLE.

Thank Heavens there might exist reincarnation! Another chance will be offered …

Blacks are Dems for the free stuff. It is Democrats who keep giving that to them because they think blacks are dumb. So dumb they can’t get ID.
Whites who think the GOP is still the party of Lincoln are pretty stupid, too.

If most blacks are democrats then they're voting to give themselves free stuff (aka equity)...right? Why is that stupid?

Question....will whites lose any rights if blacks become their equals?

At the moment I don't know what actions you're alleging 12 Years a Slave is responsible for.
And just think: you are not the dullest among the opposing side in this thread. And yet you cannot grasp what has been so simply and clearly expressed. I think we might have to let this drop.

🙃

It's a very simple question.
It is a simple question, I admit. The purpose of which is to get me to restate what has already been said. If you couldn’t get it after 3-4 posts, I’d advise you to move on to some other subject.

Everything I had to say on the topic I have already said.

Slavery was terrible because the slaves had no rights and could be brutalized at any second.
Slavery being terrible is only from the slaves perspective...
But slaves were given housing, food, clothes, rudimentary health care, and some masters may have allowed rudimentary education.
See... they were cared for.

You asked earlier for a definition of cancel culture, so I may as well toss one out in the context of “hysteria.”

I preface by saying that I’ve seen posters conflate cancel culture with all forms of politicized speech. I think this confuses the matter, but that false correlation is useful in defining what cancel culture is NOT.

Here are two examples of simplified political speech, both based on faulty premises, that i don’t consider cancel culture.

The Right says, “Harry Potter is bad because it champions witchcraft and is thus injurious to Christianity”

The Left says, “Mississippi Burning is bad because it plays up the white FBI heroes and ignores the role of Black activists in the Klan investigation”
I see little difference in accusations of promoting witchcraft as I do in accusations of someone promoting slavery. What's the distinction you're making there?
Though both propositions are based on flawed premises, both make a rhetorical attempt to persuade an audience with reason.
Well I'm not sure anyone on the left is suggesting we ban Mississippi Burning but I do remember some religious folks getting upset over Harry Potter. I like to keep it simple and say if you're trying to cancel some activity someone else is doing that's cancel culture. I also think the term is silly. Some things should be canceled and everyone should have a right to denounce whatever, whether I agree with it or not. The only dangerous form of cancel culture is when the government starts locking people up for speech they don't like.

It is a simple question, I admit. The purpose of which is to get me to restate what has already been said. If you couldn’t get it after 3-4 posts, I’d advise you to move on to some other subject.

Everything I had to say on the topic I have already said.

I am not suggesting that anyone has *lost their ability to reason* after seeing that movie or any movie, I am suggesting that this particular film, within a specific time-frame and context, contributed to what I term social hysteria that has come to fruition in our present.

Anyone know what @Alizia Tyler is talking about specifically? Apparently its in here but I just don't see it. What hysteria? Is she blaming Capitol riots on 12 Years a Slave? @Ouroboros you seem to be fluent in her language, maybe you could help a brother out.

Last edited:
And just think: you are not the dullest among the opposing side in this thread. And yet you cannot grasp what has been so simply and clearly expressed. I think we might have to let this drop.

🙃
You'd love to move on from the fact that you didn't provide any scientific evidence for a vague claim that you made in order to explain away why your ideas are unpopular. All you have are strawmen built on top of strawmen. 😂

Whites who think the GOP is still the party of Lincoln are pretty stupid, too.

If most blacks are democrats then they're voting to give themselves free stuff (aka equity)...right? Why is that stupid?

Question....will whites lose any rights if blacks become their equals?
What a stupid comment. Why aren't blacks already "equal"? What a bunch of nonsense the left spews and you buy into it.

Except that you can’t even specify the nature of the lie. Do you even know what “unsupported” means?

Once again, another genius post!

🤪🤪🤪
Go back to the post where I said it was a lie. If you do not know what you write, maybe you should undertake less intellectually strenuous activities.

No. That's what you said. We can tell because your name appears right above the things you post.
Nope. Kanaka said it and so are the Texas Dems. Your party thinks blacks are dumb.

Who are they referring to then?
Who is referring to what? You haven't posted any proof of anyone saying anything. So far you're the only one who's claimed blacks like free stuff and Republicans are smart because they work for their money.

What a stupid comment. Why aren't blacks already "equal"? What a bunch of nonsense the left spews and you buy into it.
No more stupid than yours.

Why aren't there many Blacks in the GOP?

Because Blacks aren't stupid.

Back
Top Bottom