• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Liz Cheney just became the Obi-Wan Kenobi of the Republican party

Except that 'combination' didn't beat Biden and Trumplicans ousted Cheney for telling an inconvenient truth.

You're playing 'follow the leader' with a guy that has no respect for the constitution. The new Trumplican litmus test is not conservatism, it's not even voting with the Trump agenda the most, it's don't get caught disagreeing with Trump out loud.
Try it again without a pandemic to weaponize. I have to admit, blaming Trump for Cuomo's mistakes was genius, but it won't work twice.

she voted with Dimbulb most of the time.

i can't muster sympathy for her plight. if you build your house with poop, it's going to be a shitty situation.

Let’s see what happens in 2022. I applaud her moxie, but not sure if the sentiment resonates with her district.

Try it again without a pandemic to weaponize. I have to admit, blaming Trump for Cuomo's mistakes was genius, but it won't work twice.
Trump can be judged based on his own incompetence surrounding the pandemic. The guy admitted he lied about the severity of the virus to avoid panic. Trump didn't think you could handle the truth. Think about that.

You wish...
There's no constituency for anti-Trump Republicans. Their only fans are liberals . . . who'll vote Democrat anyway.

Trump can be judged based on his own incompetence surrounding the pandemic. The guy admitted he lied about the severity of the virus to avoid panic. Trump didn't think you could handle the truth. Think about that.
On cue, the lie continues.

You pegged it. Trump is selfish, self centered and a leader. That combination beats likeable, self centered and incompetent Biden hands down .

How'd that work out?

Try it again without a pandemic to weaponize.

His pandemic response will hang around his neck until the day he dies.

Also, dem turnout will be just as large in 2024 if Trump runs.

How'd that work out?
Surprisingly well. I was not expecting much, but the administration turned out much better than average. Contrast Biden, who also had low expectations, but managed to disappoint.

His pandemic response will hang around his neck until the day he dies. Also, dem turnout will be just as large in 2024 if Trump runs.
Doubtful, because the White House responded very well.
  • In January, the administration issued a travel ban on China.
  • In February set up the task force and instituted regular reports to the public. This was prior to the famous Diamond Princess situation.
  • In March Emergency Response bill passed. The administration lowered restrictions on testing ramped up production of tests and testing supplies. Other related supplies, eg gloves, masks, eventually respirators follow.
All this was before the outbreak was declared a pandemic. Stories claiming that the Trump administration dropped the ball are just that, stories. The fault typically lies on a governor if on anyone at all. Of course the most significant thing the administration did was expedite the vaccines. Though the stories never give credit, historians can read the timelines and sift the rhetoric. When the emotions are forgotten and the Donald's personal mannerisms are mere anecdotes, the Trump administration will be well remembered for how it dealt with most of the crisis. The big problem was that he didn't have a devoted media, like a dictator, crime boss, or Joe Biden.

Surprisingly well. I was not expecting much, but the administration turned out much better than average. Contrast Biden, who also had low expectations, but managed to disappoint.
No, the beating Biden part.

Doubtful, because the White House responded very well.
  • In January, the administration issued a travel ban on China.
  • In February set up the task force and instituted regular reports to the public. This was prior to the famous Diamond Princess situation.
  • In March Emergency Response bill passed. The administration lowered restrictions on testing ramped up production of tests and testing supplies. Other related supplies, eg gloves, masks, eventually respirators follow.
All this was before the outbreak was declared a pandemic. Stories claiming that the Trump administration dropped the ball are just that, stories. The fault typically lies on a governor if on anyone at all. Of course the most significant thing the administration did was expedite the vaccines. Though the stories never give credit, historians can read the timelines and sift the rhetoric. When the emotions are forgotten and the Donald's personal mannerisms are mere anecdotes, the Trump administration will be well remembered for how it dealt with most of the crisis. The big problem was that he didn't have a devoted media, like a dictator, crime boss, or Joe Biden.

If you want to believe in myths, I can't stop you.

No, the beating Biden part.
No one bats 1.000 for long.

I'll claim a mulligan. I predicted Trump would get 70 million votes, which would be more than enough in a normal election year. A lot of posters here said I was crazy, but Trump actually polled almost 75 million. In 2024 there will not be a pandemic

If you want to believe in myths, I can't stop you.
Says someone confronted with facts that don't fit his narrative. I suppose there are no vaccines, right?

Trump flubbing the COVID response is the myth. No matter how many to the echo chamber repeats it, it will never be true.

Back
Top Bottom