• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Let's Discuss Platform and Planning

Ntharotep

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
So.
One thing that is important (to me at least) in a Presidential race is the concise and logical plan a candidate has, the goals they have set forth and how they plan to get there, for America.
You can ignore the following breakdown and just jump in with why your candidate is more logical than the others if you like (from a roadmap perspective).
Let's get started (in no particular order)...

Donald Trump Supporters : Please explain the plan for Trump's America that has made you want the man as President. I have researched and though he has some motherhood and apple pie bits on his website (my opinion only), I don't really see a roadmap, logical or otherwise, to making America great again.
What about his plan attracts you to this candidate?
I have concern about his "plan to bully China into cooperation"
I like the idea of relief for the middle class but would like to know how he plans to do this.

Hillary Clinton Supporters : Much like Donald Trump (I often joke that they are brother and sister and we are just waiting on the DNA results) I see a lot of motherhood and apple pie sentiment on her site and in her speeches. I would like a roadmap of her goals for America and what she plans to do. More so, I would like to know what the attraction to her is as a candidate. What about her goals and plans makes you want to vote Clinton in 2016?
I have to say that her ISIS approach is a bit underrated and hardly gets mentioned. It is some common sense logic talking points in some areas but some of it shows at least notionally that she's thought about this issue. I am concerned about what her Government's approach to "fighting ISIS online" might entail.
I like her H with the arrow logo.

Ted Cruz : Though I find Ted bringing a bit too much religion to the Presidential race (just a difference in ideologies there) I do find some of his simple but thought out planning to be interesting from a fair flat tax to stabilizing the USD. However, though the flat fair tax is pretty straight forward with the how I would like to know how it gets buy in from its opponents. I also want a roadmap to this stabilizing the USD.
I am also not sure about "restoring the Constitution" as a goal higher than the economy, again a difference in ideologies (not that I don't find the Constitution important, I just think that this war on the Constitution that is suggested by Cruz may be more advertising potential than substance).
So tell me what logical plan the movement for Courageous Conservatives offers.

Bernie Sanders : There are a lot of charts and talk of wealth distribution on Bernie's platform (a goal I don't personally think will wash in a free enterprise country but hey...) though increasing the minimum wage is something I am in favor of.
Still, this plan REALLY needs some "how" and not just "what" to it.
Please explain to me why I should Feel the Bern over Sanders' roadmap for America.

And so on. I picked the top four but feel free to discuss the plans of other candidates you feel offer a logical roadmap for the country. Or to discuss how none of them do, either way.

And...debate! ;)

Back
Top Bottom