• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Let the Fun begin

Yeah, just giving some explanations as to why they are good/bad decisions.

shuamort said:
Here's my summary on him earlier:

The last two sound of an idealogue to me.

I believe the french fry girl case is an argument in his favor. In the ruling he mentioned that "[n]o one is very happy about the events that led to this litigation." This means that he went against his personal judgement and ruled in favor of the law. Hopefully he will carry this over to the Supreme Court.

Source:
http://www.sctnomination.com/blog/archives/candidates/roberts/

This site offers many of his decisions.

alex said:
Thanks for the site, this one is interesting:
Damages
Jung v. Mundy, Holt & Mance, P.C., 372 F.3d 429 (CADC 2004): In an opinion joined by Judges Ginsburg and Sentelle, Judge Roberts applied circuit precedent to reverse a district court's grant of summary judgment in a legal malpractice action. Finding that the plaintiff had stated a valid cause of action for a "continuing tort," Judge Roberts held that the plaintiff--who had failed to file suit within the three-year statute of limitations period for malpractice actions--was nevertheless eligible to recover for "injuries attributable to the part of the continuing tort that was committed within the limitations period."
Assuming that's true, he's what the right wing folks have been calling an "activist judge". He ignored the letter of the law and wrote his own.

Interesting....

He ignored the letter of the law and wrote his own.

Do you self identified homosexual liberals have any proof of this in writing?

Back
Top Bottom