• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Latest edition of "Gone with the Wind" to be unaltered, but get's a "trigger warning"

Roadvirus

Heading North
Dungeon Master
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Gone with the Wind has been branded “harmful” in a trigger warning by its own publishers.

Margaret Mitchell’s Civil War epic, which was adapted into a classic Hollywood film, has been deemed “problematic” in a cautionary note at the front of a new edition.

At least they aren't butchering it like those spineless capitulators tried to do with Roald Dahl & did do to Ian Fleming's & Agatha Christie's works.

and trans people, and gay kids, and CRT, and woke businesses, whooo, dodged that bullet!

At least they aren't butchering it like those spineless capitulators tried to do with Roald Dahl & did do to Ian Fleming's & Agatha Christie's works.
Gone with the wind is trash. A glorification of slavery and the confederacy.

Apparently this guy didn't give a sufficient trigger warning...

Superintendent claims his $150K-a-year job offer at new school board was abruptly canceled because he addressed committee members as 'ladies' in an email - which was a microaggression​

I'm sure the rest of the world thinks we've slid off our cracker...

Superintendent claims his $150K-a-year job offer at new school board was abruptly canceled because he addressed committee members as 'ladies' in an email - which was a microaggression​

I'm sure the rest of the world thinks we've slid off our cracker...
"claims"

When they do butcher, what are they trying to accomplish?

Hide the truth or "protect" sensitivities?

Why is the "N" word so offensive but any American can call me a Pollock? For some reason when Americans hear my last name they have to immediately tell me a pollock joke? If I were to tell a "negroe" joke I would be stoned alive. In WW2 movies they never edit out the word "Kraut", but Mark Twain's Tom Sawyer has to be edited for 'taste"?

Twain wrote that racist novel and its companion as a tool against the post slavery hypocrisy of his day, blacks (he used the common word of the day) were not free, but as 'chained' as they had always been. There were four stories there, two about a boys adventure on the Mississippi river! And two about the socio-economic status and hypocrisy of the day. The first two were for boys, the later for men you got all four for the price of just two.

So let's bury those books to hide the fact there are still traces of that slave mentality alive today that way we don't have to feel guilty about anything.

Funny! :)

I love it when YouTubers or TikTokers who discuss true crime stories put a trigger warning before their videos. Without it, I never would've known a true crime video would contain violence, rape and/or abuse.

I love it when YouTubers or TikTokers who discuss true crime stories put a trigger warning before their videos. Without it, I never would've known a true crime video would contain violence, rape and/or abuse.
never ever! 😁

Back
Top Bottom