• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Konssurvative1 is here!

Welcome. I will take you at your word about straight talker until and unless in my mind you are doing what you say you don't do. In other words, spin the facts. There are either facts or lies, no such thing as alternative facts. What I would like to ask you when were the days or real conservatism? I want to try to grasp the times. The first president I actually remember is Kennedy. If I remember correctly my first presidential vote was in 1968 or 1972.

I would say that Kennedy was actually conservative. My opinion. I say I am a Goldwater conservative. I think the good old days was the late 80s and early to mid-90s. Conservative values were not held to be widely and wildly based in the religious right. Which Goldwater rightly said would be the downfall of conservative politics.

I would say that Kennedy was actually conservative. My opinion. I say I am a Goldwater conservative. I think the good old days was the late 80s and early to mid-90s. Conservative values were not held to be widely and wildly based in the religious right. Which Goldwater rightly said would be the downfall of conservative politics.

In God We Trust and amen was he ever correct. I still think your whole party has been slowly but surely hijacked by its leadership starting with Reagan. When he implanted the idea into the collective head of the GOP about government not being the solution but the problem and taxes were evil, the GOP has just kept expanding on that idea to their base until today we have a president that bashes everything america has stood for for over two hundred years. Conservatism is one thing, but constantly voting to keep the rich in place have poor health care for the average individual and no matter how many gun deaths we have in america each and every year, we stand on the second amendment like our lives depended on it staying in place while innocent people get killed. I always thought being conservative meant minding your own business and not the business of your neighbor. Less taxation on the common working man. Your beliefs and your politics were your business and america is a great country with the best military and intelligence agencies in the world. Now the party that wants to claim smaller government is always trying to pass laws into others business, personal business. Like the states who currently want bible study in public school. All put forward by republicans. Please convince me there are still republicans like that around.

I've been meaning to ask you about this and now finally getting around to it. So it was not until the late 80's and early 90's that the connection between evangelical Christianity and the Republican party happened? Just curious, what and who prompted this? Also I don't know much about Goldwater, how would you define a Goldwater conservative? Regarding some of the early Democrats like JFK and FDR, I doubt that philosophically they would fit in today's Democratic party.

Heya! Good to see someone familiar on here.

Back
Top Bottom