• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Kenosha officer who shot Jacob Blake won't face discipline, police chief says

GummyVitamins

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed

Blake was near a knife when he was shot, state prosecutors have said, and a blade was found in the footwell of the vehicle.

Blake was "near a knife" is a funny way of saying "holding a knife." The facts of this case are known. Blake admits to holding the knife and it is visible on video. Why is NBC misleading its readers?

Great timing on that announcement.

Good news! Far too many cops are being wrongfully accused of having to deal with low life criminals scumbags.

Blake was "near a knife" is a funny way of saying "holding a knife." The facts of this case are known. Blake admits to holding the knife and it is visible on video. Why is NBC misleading its readers?
NBC is quoting "state prosecutors". Can you demonstrate that state prosecutors didn't say that (regardless of whether it was actually true or not)?

Because they push a narrative or propaganda. They left the news realm long ago.

Good for him. Yeah, media is still trying to keep from admitting he was holding a knife.

NBC is quoting "state prosecutors". Can you demonstrate that state prosecutors didn't say that (regardless of whether it was actually true or not)?
It's selective bias. More information came to light very quickly once the investigation kicked off. Quoting what is now a ridiculous statment and ignoring the facts is bias.

Blake was near a knife when he was shot, state prosecutors have said, and a blade was found in the footwell of the vehicle.

Why did you not read your own link?

Another idiot that thought the laws were for everyone except him.
When you get your spine severed by a Policemans bullet because you couldn't listen....dont come running to me!!!
-snickers-

The knife is clearly visible in his hand and he even admitted it in an interview.

knife.jpg

Jesus Christ, are we still debating this fact?

I think you are. They repeated what state prosecutors had said. It's right in your link. Take it up with the prosecutors if you don't like what they said.
The statement was made nearly a year ago before the investigation. We now know what happened and we have Blake's statements on the record. Selecting what is now a ridiculous statement is done intentionally to hide the known facts of the case.

The whole reason he was allowed back on the job without discipline was because Blake was fleeing while holding a knife when he was shot. That's the most important piece of evidence and NBC decided to not use it. They went back nearly a year ago to say he was shot near a knife which implies he was not holding it when he was shot.

Good news! Far too many cops are being wrongfully accused of having to deal with low life criminals scumbags.

We already know you like it when police kill Black people. You don't have to keep reminding us.

The statement was made nearly a year ago before the investigation. We now know what happened and we have Blake's statements on the record. Selecting what is now a ridiculous statement is done intentionally to hide the known facts of the case.

The whole reason he was allowed back on the job without discipline was because Blake was fleeing while holding a knife when he was shot. That's the most important piece of evidence and NBC decided to not use it. They went back nearly a year ago to say he was shot near a knife which implies he was not holding it when he was shot.

So they quoted a statement made by prosecutors, and you're mad. Got it.

Turn on OAN if NBC bothers you so much.

If they were trying to hide the facts of the case, why did they mention the knife at all?

This response is 100% projection and it's hilarious. :ROFLMAO:

How am I projecting on to you? You mean by reminding you that you don't have to watch NBC? I didn't realize I had so much impact on your life. But no charge for the education today.

It's selective bias. More information came to light very quickly once the investigation kicked off. Quoting what is now a ridiculous statment and ignoring the facts is bias.
It wouldn't matter if it was (or now is) a ridiculous statement if it is what the prosecutors actually said. If there are other facts (rather than speculation or opinion) you think the article should have included, you'd need to identify them. You could well be correct but at the moment, your reporting is no better than the articles.

We already know you like it when police kill Black people. You don't have to keep reminding us.

That is a ridiculous and salacious comment.

What I do not do is IGNORE material facts in these incidents. FACTS which have indicated where suspects have by their own choices and action created the very dangerous reactions they have invited. What people like you however continue to do, is only offer infantile fanciful mythology rather than reason. What is generally true in most of these cases, is that the suspects had they used commons sense, would still be alive and/or uninjured.

YOUR role would best be served to educate SOME Black people--- or any people, about how to behave in ways which keep them safe around police officers or anyone else. This isn't so hard to figure out. But excusing criminal and/or threatening behavior gets us nowhere. People like YOU and your narratives cost more Black lives than they are saving.

How am I projecting on to you?
I posted an example of media bias and you came to an anonymous forum to start with crazy rants with bolded responses and instructing them on which media outlets you want them to watch. You're the one riled up acting kinda loco. How about this.. why don't you bring some objectivity to the conversation, turn off the bold, and stop telling people what to do while claiming they're the ones who are mad. Until then your responses will just bring an extra bit of joy to my day from the ironic hilarity of the situation. The fact that you still can't see it even after being pointed out is also pretty darn funny.. 😂

It wouldn't matter if it was (or now is) a ridiculous statement if it is what the prosecutors actually said. If there are other facts (rather than speculation or opinion) you think the article should have included, you'd need to identify them. You could well be correct but at the moment, your reporting is no better than the articles.
The article is about a police officer being allowed back on the job without any punishment. There is a fact pattern that came out of the investigation that shows precisely why he was allowed back and NBC decided to run with statements to carry water for the perp. It's an obvious attempt to mitigate Blake's actions and to sow doubt about whether or not the decision was justified.

I posted an example of media bias and you came to an anonymous forum to start with crazy rants with bolded responses and instructing them on which media outlets you want them to watch. You're the one riled up acting kinda loco. How about this.. why don't you bring some objectivity to the conversation, turn off the bold, and stop telling people what to do while claiming they're the ones who are mad. Until then your responses will just bring an extra bit of joy to my day from the ironic hilarity of the situation. The fact that you still can't see it even after being pointed out is also pretty darn funny.. 😂

You think people don't know that NBC has a bias? This isn't a Trump Fan Club board. It's a board filled with smart people.

The hilarity is you getting upset by NBC. Change the channel.

You think people don't know that NBC has a bias?
Of course most people know NBC has bias. And if you know it, why are you mad over someone pointing out an example of it?

This isn't a Trump Fan Club board. It's a board filled with smart people.
This particular subforum is for people who wish to discuss examples of media bias. Apparently, you're lost... and confused. 😂 :ROFLMAO: 😂
See post #9...

Also, it didn't take long for you to jump to Trump.. :ROFLMAO:😂 Rent free.

Of course people. And if you know it, why are you mad over someone pointing out an example of it?

This particular subforum is for people who wish to discuss examples of media bias. Apparently, you're lost... and confused. 😂 :ROFLMAO: 😂

Didn't take long for you to jump to Trump.. :ROFLMAO:😂

I'm not mad. If I was mad, my posts would appear mad. They didn't because I'm laughing at you that you think you're sharing some sort of epiphany. You aren't. Turn on OAN and enjoy their reporting. Nobody else cares that NBC quoted the prosecutors. Except you. You started this thread - so you're mad.

Yes, I will always jump to Trump. This is a board about politics.

Back
Top Bottom