• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Kavanaugh Nailed -- Portland Press Herald editorial

He most certainly did, he said the Clintons were behind all of this and that is not from the daily show, that is from watching his say it on live TV...

This is either indicative of the fact that you are uninformed, or, you are informed, and you are lying.

A third option is, you watched the hearings, and didn't think this at the time, but you trust dishonest sources, who have told you this is true, and so you believe it.

Which is it? :)

Incompetent comment. Since Garland, repubs do not have a leg to stand on regarding SCOTUS appointments of any kind.

Dems today are not particular proud of Ted for Chappaquidick, but that's old news. Telling that you have to dig up Ted. You must be desperate.

You know, if anyone wants to dig into the past, what do we think we can find on Repubs? I think repubs will win hands down the "politicians who are most despicable pissing contest", and we can start with criminal acts / indictments scandals etc in the white house. That graph is off the charts for repub admins.

As for "11th hour stall tactic", it was three REPUBLICANS who forced the delay, dems have no say in the matter. No matter, McConnell could have took the vote to the floor, anyway, but he didn't.

You seem to think sex predators are entitled to the supreme court and are not to blame for being scrutinized for a job that has a life time appointment, rulings who will affect Americans for decades, rather bizarre logic. We already got one perv, we don't need two.

Petty petty BS!

You can't answer for your own party's corruption, so of course you have second of brilliance by jumping on the "whataboutism" train.

Your first comment doesn't negate my point. The Herald essay is poignant, accurate, and the truth. I won't expect repubs who have no horse sense to take off their blinders.

PS, if you want to get into "which politicians are the most despicable pissing contest" repubs will lose, and we can start with scandals, indictments, acts of corruption, in the WH. The graph is off the charts when it comes to REpub admins.

So don't pollute this forum with your stench of self righteous indignation. Thank you.
Ah...the pathetic whatabout defense. Sure...the rats have been despicable...but what about THOSE guys.

:lamo

Pathetic

For months the rats and their mindless leftist minions have railed against Kavanaugh personally attacking him and his family. He fought back. Leftist had a meltdown. Typical.

One ever so small difference between the acts of Ted Kennedy and those of Brett Kavanaugh.

Brett only needs 50 people to vote for him so he can be confirmed to the Court. Ted Kennedy had to receive thousands of votes to hold his seat in the Senate and he did it more than once following that night at Chappaquiddick. What he did was wrong but for some reason the people in Massachusetts continued to vote for him - THOUSANDS OF VOTES, not 50.

One ever so small difference between the acts of Ted Kennedy and those of Brett Kavanaugh.

Brett only needs 50 people to vote for him so he can be confirmed to the Court. Ted Kennedy had to receive thousands of votes to hold his seat in the Senate and he did it more than once following that night at Chappaquiddick. What he did was wrong but for some reason the people in Massachusetts continued to vote for him - THOUSANDS OF VOTES, not 50.

Another "small difference"; KENNEDY WAS GUILTY and got away with it, Kavanaugh has been ATTACSKED WITH UNSUBSTANTIATED LIES.

The 50 votes were elected by THOUSANDS OF PEOPLE. And?

So, "Democrat voters ignore drunken manslaughter to keep power" is your point?

Another "small difference"; KENNEDY WAS GUILTY and got away with it, Kavanaugh has been ATTACSKED WITH UNSUBSTANTIATED LIES.

The 50 votes were elected by THOUSANDS OF PEOPLE. And?

So, "Democrat voters ignore drunken manslaughter to keep power" is your point?

We do not KNOW what happened that night? It is all assumptions and there was no proof of guilt.

Kavanaugh has a long history of biased decisions on legal matters, which is probably why the documents covering his time in the Bush White House have been kept away from not only Senators but also the public.

Senators on both sides of the aisle far too often attend more to the wishes of the big money boys than to the wishes and dreams of their constituents.

Never having been a Massachusetts resident, I do not know why they continued to vote for Ted Kennedy - maybe, just maybe, it was because he did do stuff for the people of the state.

A: He went off script.
B: HE didn't push a CT try not getting your news from the Daily Show?

Yeah absolutely did and he was whiny sniveling Petty partisan on top of it. But his petty partisanship is the bigger issue CT aside

I saw him reading the script all the way through

Thats fine. The man has 12 years on the DC circuit and like 300 decisions. Go ahead and pluck one out that you think was incompetently written or decided and we will talk.

Let him stay on the federal bench he's not ready for scotus that is certain, former Supreme Court Justice John Paul Stevens concurs today

That's interesting. You must have watched a different proceedings than I; I observed neither a hack, nor conspiracy theories. I did see him tear up

Too bad you don't have enough horse sense to take your blinders off, sad.

Petty petty BS!

You can't answer for your own party's corruption, so of course you have second of brilliance by jumping on the "whataboutism" train.

Your trumpian art of the con to accuse your opponent of the very thing you are guilty of hence you're accusing me of whataboutism. Nice try

Ah...the pathetic whatabout defense. Sure...the rats have been despicable...but what about THOSE guys.

:lamo

Pathetic

For months the rats and their mindless leftist minions have railed against Kavanaugh personally attacking him and his family. He fought back. Leftist had a meltdown. Typical.

I'm just responding to your whataboutism and now you're accusing me of it.

Geez Republicans are a Confederacy of Dunces

Let him stay on the federal bench he's not ready for scotus that is certain, former Supreme Court Justice John Paul Stevens concurs today

Oooh, John Paul Stevens said so. Well thats different :roll: Im not budging until I hear what Justin Beeber thinks.

Yeah absolutely did and he was whiny sniveling Petty partisan on top of it. But his petty partisanship is the bigger issue CT aside

I saw him reading the script all the way through

Yawn, if it's petty partisan you disagree with you can show me the threads or posts of yours calling for RBG to be removed from the SCOTUS? What, you can't? Damn... Here I thought you'd be intellectually honest and consistent....

Only a sociopath would not have a furious outburst when after the hearing closed a wacko claims that at age 16 he was running rape gangs, with the Demo MSM running it as a fact.

Then again, a sociopath on the SCOTUS is likely exactly what the Democrat Party wants.

Or, just someone who is able to maintain calm in the face of their reputation being attacked. Reputation is a creation of, and is maintained by, the ego, and egomaniacs are the ones most angered when theirs is attacked.

Yawn, if it's petty partisan you disagree with you can show me the threads or posts of yours calling for RBG to be removed from the SCOTUS? What, you can't? Damn... Here I thought you'd be intellectually honest and consistent....

And you're equating RGB with Cavanaugh?

She slips and makes an ad hominem remark for which she did Apologize against a misogynist racist criminally corrupt Pig who faked his way to the presidency and Kavanagh goes on a petty partisan conspiracy theory riddled rant?

It's telling that you would conflate the two

Why are some folks on here talking as if he 100% sexually abused this person? The people she named denies it and he denies it yet here we are being 100% sure he is a rapist. The person Ford claimed drove her home even says she didn't. What is this? Oh, that's right. A way for the left to prevent a Republican from being nominated to the Supreme Court.

Id have to ask you why you are making stuff up . . . your post is 29. Please quote the "some folks" in posts 1-28 that said Brett is 100% guilty of the claims. I dont recall seeing that post . .
What is this? Oh thats right. A way for YOU to be dishonest and try and spread lies to prevent honest conversation. LMAO

She slips and makes an ad hominem remark for which she did Apologize against a misogynist racist criminally corrupt Pig who faked his way to the presidency and Kavanagh goes on a petty partisan conspiracy theory riddled rant?

Telling indeed.

Telling indeed.

By the way in your Sig mr. Jefferson made a error in logic

The Government Can incarcerate people against their will, should citizens therefore be granted the right to incarcerate people in their own private jails?

The government can issue currency, should citizens therefore be allowed to print their own currency?

I get the spirit of Jefferson's assertion but he was technically incorrect on some points as the above I'm sure I could find others

Let's face it he blew the interview, RGB got voted in with 93% of the Senate, she knew how to conduct herself during a hearing and she didn't attempt to rape anyone. RGB apologize for the slip up, but given the most insanely corrupt president history I'll cut her some slack., Trump is neither conservative nor liberal so party colors are not at play with her remark it's to the man and to the man only, a momentary lapse and she apologized I accept.. I sincerely doubt she will allow any emotional feelings to color her rulings but I can't say that with 100% conviction about Cavanaugh given his egregious over the top conspiracy theory riddled display before the Senate

Judicial philosophy is allowed but Petty partisan conspiratorial hackery?

Sorry

What would you do if someone falsely accused you of something like rape, gang rape?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What would you do if someone falsely accused you of something like rape, gang rape?

Irrelevant I'm not applying for Supreme Court judge

Irrelevant I'm not applying for Supreme Court judge

Oh yes it is relevant, liberals say he got mad, I would be mad too if someone was dragging my name through the mud without ANY EVIDENCE OR CORROBORATING TESTIMONY, ZERO

So basically what it is is if you agree with their partisan ranting it's okay.. Got it.

I've said what I think of his weasel ass temper tantrum testimony, angry, partisan, evasive out of control bawling babbling break down and how independent of anything else, it should disqualify him from a SC seat.

In an early reply, when someone asked how "I" would react to false accusations; I pointed out that his testimony was a hard tight rope to walk, BUT he had all the GOP Senators and Mitchell their to help him keep his balance.

:2rofll: It wasn't a tight rope at all … it was ****ing Broadway. He could have gone in said "I didn't do it", not even saying what "it" was, and smiled. And kept smiling through all the posturing and questioning by the Democrats … through it all. He would have been better off to just STFU and smile. How stupid, how dumb, how ignorant do you have to be, with the people with the controlling votes on your side, to have a break down, bare your ass and prove to the world … you're DUMB as a box of rocks because you can't figure out basic politics. :2rofll:

I doubt Kavanagh can butter bread with out making a fool of himself, of course his buddy tRump cant wipe his ass and get on a plane without embarrassing himself.

I guess my expectations are just to high.

Back
Top Bottom