• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Kanye West indicates his spoiler campaign is indeed intended designed to hurt Biden.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is this satire? It's like calling Evolution or the US Civil War a myth.

Are you a flat earther and climate denier too or something?

On no. I am sure you can document everything you stated. How about we start with the list of the 200 or so Democrats that switched parties. You know, all the racist Democrats that switched parties so now the Republican party is the racist party of slavery, the KKK, and Jim Crow.

I'll wait right here while you dig that up.

On no. I am sure you can document everything you stated.

I did.

Didn't you see the sources of citation I used, the ones you were incapable of directly debunking? Want more? Cool this should be fun.

How Republicans and the 'Southern Strategy' Won Over the Once Democratic South - HISTORY
By the time Ronald Reagan became president in 1980, the Republican party’s hold on white Southerners was firm. Today, the Republican party remains the party of the South. It’s an ironic outcome considering that a century ago, white Southerners would’ve never considered voting for the party of Lincoln.

https://scholar.princeton.edu/sites/default/files/kuziemko/files/south_dems_5sept2016.pdf
Our key conclusion from the analysis so far is that a significant number of racially conservative Southern Democrats left the party just at the moment its national leaders proposed
sweeping Civil Rights laws.

We find that 100% (75%) of dealignment from 1958 to 1980 (2000) can be explained, in a regression sense, by the
movement of racially conservative whites away from the Democratic Party, after the Spring
of 1963 when the party established the clear liberal position on Civil Rights
https://www.nber.org/papers/w21703.pdf

Calling the southern strategy and subsequent southern switch a myth is like calling WWII a myth.

Last edited:
:lamo Yeah, we all heard those stories before.

So tell me, After replacing the Democrat KKK with the Democrat backed Antifa, and after the left tearing down statues, taking over cities, burning flags, kneeling for the anthem, rioting, burning businesses, killing American store owners, blocking interstates, attacking federal court houses, and murdering cops, how long will it be before the left starts making up stories about how all this is being done by Republicans?

We have seen enough history to know the truth. But you go right ahead and keep those fairy tales alive. Voters know better and will respond in November.

you can count on it.

I think that the guiding principle here is

"No one in this world, so far as I know—and I have searched the records for years, and employed agents to help me—has ever lost money by underestimating the intelligence of the great masses of the plain people. Nor has anyone ever lost public office thereby."
(emphasis added)

-- HL Menkin (September 18, 1926 - The Sun [Boston Massachusetts])

but your opinion may well differ.

PS - The above is the actual quote that is very frequently paraphrased.

Kanye the spoiler? If he gets 25K votes nationally, I'll be surprised.

There's no requirement for 'fitness' for office?

Nope, nary a whit.

The only requirements concern age, place of birth, and length of residence.

In fact (to give a really silly example) Benedict Arnold would have been "qualified" for the office of President of the United States of America (even after he "defected" to the British).

Are you claiming that if diagnosed with a mental illness, a POTUS would be able to retain office?

Depending on what the mental illness was (and its then current condition), indeed they would be. For example, someone who was a diagnosed schizophrenic but who was in compliance with their medication regime would not be actively UNABLE to discharge the duties of the office of President.

Are there no legal considerations re: mental competency?

Article II, Section 1, Clause 6 of the Constitution of the United States of America says (inter alia):

In Case of the Removal of the President from Office, or of his Death, Resignation, or Inability to discharge the Powers and Duties of the said Office, the Same shall devolve on the Vice President ...

"inability to discharge" is NOT defined, but I have no doubts that "being in a vegetative state" would almost certainly qualify (with the caveat that there is some uncertainty if the current administration would recognize what a "vegetative state" is if it came up behind them and bit them on the ass). However, any condition SHORT of "being in a vegetative state" would only be covered IF "Congress" so decided.

While the Vice President, together with a "majority of either the principal officers of the executive departments or of such other body as Congress may by law provide", can DECLARE the President to be "unable to discharge the powers and duties of his office" in a written declaration, it is up to "Congress" to ratify that declaration AND should "Congress" refuse to ratify that declaration, then the declaration would be of no force or effect.

In fact, there is some question as to whether or not "Congress" could actually order the President to undergo an independent medical examination to determine whether the declaration was, in fact, footed on solid medical/psychiatric grounds.

Nope, nary a whit.

The only requirements concern age, place of birth, and length of residence.

In fact (to give a really silly example) Benedict Arnold would have been "qualified" for the office of President of the United States of America (even after he "defected" to the British).

Depending on what the mental illness was (and its then current condition), indeed they would be. For example, someone who was a diagnosed schizophrenic but who was in compliance with their medication regime would not be actively UNABLE to discharge the duties of the office of President.

Article II, Section 1, Clause 6 of the Constitution of the United States of America says (inter alia):

In Case of the Removal of the President from Office, or of his Death, Resignation, or Inability to discharge the Powers and Duties of the said Office, the Same shall devolve on the Vice President ...

"inability to discharge" is NOT defined, but I have no doubts that "being in a vegetative state" would almost certainly qualify (with the caveat that there is some uncertainty if the current administration would recognize what a "vegetative state" is if it came up behind them and bit them on the ass). However, any condition SHORT of "being in a vegetative state" would only be covered IF "Congress" so decided.

While the Vice President, together with a "majority of either the principal officers of the executive departments or of such other body as Congress may by law provide", can DECLARE the President to be "unable to discharge the powers and duties of his office" in a written declaration, it is up to "Congress" to ratify that declaration AND should "Congress" refuse to ratify that declaration, then the declaration would be of no force or effect.

In fact, there is some question as to whether or not "Congress" could actually order the President to undergo an independent medical examination to determine whether the declaration was, in fact, footed on solid medical/psychiatric grounds.

So Congress would be the ones to assess their mental condition based on medical diagnosis.

Thanks.

This is the barely coherent and grammatically inept speech of a man who desperately wants to be able to claim that he "cured coronavirus."

That's it, in a nutshell. When we do get a handle on this crisis, he wants to be able to pull out footage and declare "I called it! I said use this! I said try this! I told them to do this, it was my idea!" He's just doing it with lots of stupid stuff because he doesnt want to miss an opportunity. He's afraid 'the big one' will be mentioned and he wont get credit for it.

It's all about declaring himself the savior of the cv crisis and we'll hear all about it, esp in his campaign. (Which is basically each of his press briefings these days) --- Lursa

Kanye West indicates his spoiler campaign is indeed intended designed to hurt Biden.
Exclusive: Kanye West Indicates That His Spoiler Campaign Is Indeed Designed To Hurt Biden

If anyone actually had any doubts.

I'm sure he's running in an attempt to be a spoiler. I'm also sure that he'll get a lot of protest votes - not from anyone who thinks he has a chance of winning, but from those who don't like the other candidates.

The fact that Democrats are concerned about this is a good indication of how weak a candidate Biden is.

He's known to be a manic-depressive. Is this not a public medical diagnosis? (there may not have been an actual diagnosis made public due to confidentiality)

And since he is mentally ill, how is he qualified to run for POTUS?

He's qualified to run, because the constitution does not preclude people based on any physical or mental diagnosis, but he is not qualified to get my vote, and I trust most other voters. Unfortunately that is not any guarantee as we can see today.

Last edited:
I'm sure he's running in an attempt to be a spoiler. I'm also sure that he'll get a lot of protest votes - not from anyone who thinks he has a chance of winning, but from those who don't like the other candidates.

The fact that Democrats are concerned about this is a good indication of how weak a candidate Biden is.

The fact GOP operatives scrambled to help Kanye in swing states shows that they actually look at the polls (Which show Biden stomping Trump).

In other words they are doing their job.

Trump being his usual shady self in order to win

So Congress would be the ones to assess their mental condition based on medical diagnosis.

Nope.

There doesn't appear to be any legislative provision which would allow "Congress" to REQUIRE that the President undergo any testing whatsoever. That means that "Congress" could "assess their mental condition" based on which party the President represented (or any other reason it felt like using).

Remember, the Vice-President (and the people who supported the "declaration") didn't need any "medical diagnosis" whatsoever to back up their "declaration".

I wish this annoying little narcissist would disappear from the media forever.

Moderator's Warning:
Please don't necro old threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom