• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Justice Dept. Creating Unit Focused on Domestic Terrorism

You have a very low bar for "civil and polite." A "civil and polite" arrest would be a couple agents showing up at his place of work. A really civil and polite arrest would be contacting him through his lawyer and asking him to turn himself in. What is not a "civil and polite" arrest is four heavily armed agents with guns drawn hammering on the door of his home, refusing to identify themselves or provide a warrant, terrorizing his kids, hauling him off half-dressed, keeping him incommunicado for six hours, then dumping him out on the street sixty miles from his home without a phone or wallet. Whoever ordered this is either an unthinking fanatic, just plain stupid, or secretly wants to get Republicans elected in November.
They didn't dump him, he was released and I am assuming that the phone was evidence, thus he doesn't get it back until the investigation ends. That is how it works when you are detained....they don't give you a ride home.

"Justice Dept. Creating Unit Focused on Domestic Terrorism"

Hmm, I wonder if that'll include AntiFa. Probably not, as AntiFa's Fascist tactics appear to agree with this administration.

I suspect that it'll be little more than the DOJ doing what the IRS, and other Obama agencies, did.

IRS Apologizes For Aggressive Scrutiny Of Conservative Groups​
October 27, 2017, PETER OVERBY​
In a legal settlement that still awaits a federal judge's approval, the IRS "expresses its sincere apology" for mistreating a conservative organization called Linchpins of Liberty — along with 40 other conservative groups — in their applications for tax-exempt status.​

As well they should.

--

O.K., this is a start.

I suspect the rioters/attackers/insurgents/revolutionaries - whatever your choice of words are for 1/6 - will have to face that they may have unleashed more troubles upon themselves than they realized.

And, be aware that these guys will also go after any organized violence of the type that occurred in Minneapolis & Portland. And that too, is a good thing!

Good!

Congress needs to pass new laws on domestic terrorism to differentiate them from other crimes or this will not make a bit of difference in how people are sentenced

I wonder if the DOJ will investigate the FBI for sending 25 agents with guns drawn to arrest 1 man for pushing a leftist shithead that was screaming obscenities in the face of his child.

Probably not. Considering leftist shitheads cheered the arrest of a woman praying on a sidewalk outside of an abortion clinic, its highly unlikely they would do anything but approve of the FBIs tactics.

Those terrorists that shot a cop in Atlanta are probably not happy to hear this. Wonder if this unit is involved in their arrests?

Those terrorists that shot a cop in Atlanta are probably not happy to hear this. Wonder if this unit is involved in their arrests?
No no........thats 'different'.

Lawsuits against people you like is "railroading."
No, pressing an obviously nonsensical charge until it gets tossed out for the third time is railroading. At least since this time it was tossed out by a jury, so Biden's DOJ can't try again.

Back
Top Bottom