• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Justice Department zeroing in on longtime GOP fundraiser Elliott Broidy

PNW Guy

CAUTION: SNARK AREA!
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Left
Justice Department zeroing in on longtime GOP fundraiser Elliott Broidy

imrs.php

Elliott Broidy in 2008 (David Karp/AP)

By
Matt Zapotosky,
Carol D. Leonnig and
Rosalind S. Helderman
September 1, 2020 at 1:34 p.m. PDT

Federal prosecutors are preparing to charge longtime GOP fundraiser Elliott Broidy in connection with efforts to influence the U.S. government on behalf of foreign interests, according to people familiar with the matter, a result of a sprawling, years-long investigation that involved a figure who helped raise millions for Donald Trump’s election and the Republican Party.

Broidy is under scrutiny for his alleged role in a campaign to persuade high-level Trump administration officials to drop an investigation of Malaysian government corruption, as well as for his attempt to push for the extradition of an outspoken Chinese dissident back to his home country, according to the people, who, like others interviewed for this report, spoke on the condition of anonymity to describe an ongoing investigation.

He has been in discussions with the Justice Department and could ultimately reach a plea deal, they said....

This is directly related to the Wolkoff thing, "Block Ivanka™®" and likely forthcoming seventy minute long phone tapes of Melania™ and her friend, with incriminating evidence of her friend being thrown under the bus, the concubine trashing her husband and the first lady (Ivanka™® Jared™'s hubby and de facto POTUS), and the grift.

I've read many a Trump®et laugh off the scandal a minute nature of this corrupt regime, as 'oh sure now he's done, got bad orange™ man now', but I do see this as the VERY likely domino that does this scum in. First, straight out of the concubines mouth, because Wolkoff was smart enough to know it was time to save receipts; second, it clearly shows the pattern of grift began even before he took office. No, only the most willfully blinded, and emotionally devoted, white wingers will be able to lie to themselves enough, to excuse away this kind of unraveling scandal. Their ONLY prayer is if Fox can do some real wizardry spin on this, but I don't think there's any spin than can sweep this under the rug.... :lamo:mrgreen:

I laugh, but at same time, it's not really funny, it's absolutely digusting, from before day one! "Drain the swamp"; Install the sewer! :soap

This book of Ms. Wolkoff, Melania™'s ex friend she tried to throw under the bus, is the first domino of many....

This is directly related to the Wolkoff thing, "Block Ivanka™®" and likely forthcoming seventy minute long phone tapes of Melania™ and her friend, with incriminating evidence of her friend being thrown under the bus, the concubine trashing her husband and the first lady (Ivanka™® Jared™'s hubby and de facto POTUS), and the grift.

I've read many a Trump®et laugh off the scandal a minute nature of this corrupt regime, as 'oh sure now he's done, got bad orange™ man now', but I do see this as the VERY likely domino that does this scum in. First, straight out of the concubines mouth, because Wolkoff was smart enough to know it was time to save receipts; second, it clearly shows the pattern of grift began even before he took office. No, only the most willfully blinded, and emotionally devoted, white wingers will be able to lie to themselves enough, to excuse away this kind of unraveling scandal. Their ONLY prayer is if Fox can do some real wizardry spin on this, but I don't think there's any spin than can sweep this under the rug.... :lamo:mrgreen:

I laugh, but at same time, it's not really funny, it's absolutely digusting, from before day one! "Drain the swamp"; Install the sewer! :soap
Trump made a fundamental mistake in not purging the DoJ

It’s clear we have a problem with open partisans in the Federal government engaging in election interference.

If I were him I would’ve known the liberals were going to use the deep state and cleaned house within a week of the election

No, Bill Barr made the mistake of trying a Friday night masaacre at SDNY and it backfired on them....

Vanity Fair said:
BOTCHED FRIDAY NIGHT MASSACRE: BARR FAILED TO OUST U.S. ATTORNEY WHO'S A THORN IN TRUMP'S SIDE

The loyalist Attorney General tried to fire SDNY head Geoffrey Berman by press release, but Berman said not so fast, and Trump ultimately had to step in and fire himself. It could be a Comey-firing-level catastrophe.
BY CHARLOTTE KLEIN

JUNE 20, 2020

William-Barr.jpg

Attorney General William Barr listens during a Coronavirus Task Force news conference at the White House on April 1, 2020.BY OLIVER CONTRERAS/SIPA/BLOOMBERG VIA GETTY IMAGES

Attorney General William Barr tried to pull a fast one late Friday night, following suit in what has become a dangerous pattern for the Trump administration: ousting anyone who might pose a perceived threat to the president’s power. But Geoffrey Berman, the United States attorney for the Southern District of New York who has investigated several of Donald Trump’s allies, isn’t leaving without a fair fight. “I have not resigned, and have no intention of resigning, my position,” said Berman—who was surprised to learn he would be “stepping down” from a DOJ press release—in a statement released late Friday night. “I will step down when a presidentially appointed nominee is confirmed by the Senate. Until then, our investigations will move forward without delay or interruption.” On Saturday afternoon, Barr said that Trump had stepped in to fire Berman. “Because you have declared you have no intention of resigning," Barr wrote in a letter, "I have asked the President to remove you as of today, and he has done so.”

CNN reports, citing sources with knowledge of the matter, including a Justice Department official, that Barr abruptly moved to fire Berman after he refused to resign, something he was asked to do during an in-person meeting earlier that day. The Manhattan prosecutor was reportedly offered other positions at the DOJ, which he declined. One person familiar with the situation told the New York Times that getting rid of Berman has been on Trump’s mind for some time: the president has been upset with the prosecutor ever since his office brought a case against Michael Cohen, Trump’s former personal lawyer. Berman’s office successfully prosecuted Cohen and has also been investigating Trump’s current personal lawyer, Rudy Giuliani.

Barr’s late-night ousting attempt and Berman’s refusal came as a shock to former prosecutors as they watched the conflict unfold in real time. “Never seen anything remotely like this at DOJ” said former U.S. Attorney Harry Litman, who wrote in a subsequent tweet that he couldn’t think of “a bigger drama” inside the department since the so-called Saturday Night Massacre that took place during the Watergate scandal. “Barr lied about Berman stepping down, a lie he has to have known would surface. So Berman must be very close to doing something they view as being very dangerous for Trump,” said former federal prosecutor Joyce Vance, who served under former President Barack Obama. Berman’s statement followed the DOJ’s announcement that the president intends to nominate Jay Clayton, the chairman of the Securities and Exchange commission. CNN notes that Clayton has never been a prosecutor. Before Trump nominated him to his current post, he was a corporate lawyer.....

Try and keep up man, the scandals are deep I know, but I mean how else can you come up with spin to remain in denial and thread crap for your orange™ daddy? :lamo

It’s clear we have a problem with open partisans in the Federal government engaging in election interference.

If I were him I would’ve known the liberals were going to use the deep state and cleaned house within a week of the election

Nonsense alt-right fantasy world spin. Nobody believes this posting sewage but the most devoted Cult 45 members.... :lamo

Unsurprising you're fine with firing folks to cover an 80 million dollar theft....

NT9kM93_d.webp

Keep tossin' that orange™ salad! These threads aren't for cult member poster's anyway. :2rofll:

The DOJ is doing this... Donald Trump's DOJ... I thought they were politicized Donald Trump boot-lickers?

Go figure.

The DOJ is doing this... Donald Trump's DOJ... I thought they were politicized Donald Trump boot-lickers?

Go figure.

The SDNY, where lapdog Barr botched the Friday night massacre, but you knew that. You'd support any effort by Barr to cover this up though or sink any case that might muddy your ****stained orange™ daddy though; we all know that, from every sycophantic, sickening, drivel post of yours.

Ironic your avatar IS a lapdog isn't it? :coffeepap

The SDNY, where lapdog Barr botched the Friday night massacre, but you knew that. You'd support any effort by Barr to cover this up though or sink any case that might muddy your ****stained orange™ daddy though; we all know that, from every sycophantic, sickening, drivel post of yours.

Ironic your avatar IS a lapdog isn't it? :coffeepap

My mistake... I retract my sarcasm.

Back
Top Bottom