• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Just the Facts....

I understand that the cable news outlets have to be entertaining in order to draw viewers, which means bias is going to be there. What I have an issue with is the the bias that's presented in the straight, hard news broadcasts.

It is possible and would not be difficult for the networks to present the news nearly bias free, and/or from a politically balanced perspective. The first step is the hardest and in the case of the big 3 (CBS, NBC and ABC) a seemingly impossible one. They have to acknowledge they have a political bias. If they could do that, fixing it would be easy.

Let me guess, you think Fox News is not biased at all right?

Let me guess, you think Fox News is not biased at all right?

Look, if you want to discuss what I posted, that's fine. I'll be glad elaborate on what I said, but let's not start this same ol' pissing and moaning about Fox News..

Look, if you want to discuss what I posted, that's fine. I'll be glad elaborate on what I said, but let's not start this same ol' pissing and moaning about Fox News..

Point being they are ALL biased including your precious Fox News.

News outlets, at one time, would give many POVs using factual information. You got to see the POV from business, workers, consumers etc....but by in large it is only the business POV you get now. Facts may be correct but that does not mean that all people involved will have the same effects from a policy. Gawd forbid any outlet presents something outside the corporate viewpoint. Bias, hell yes but we badly need all POV with factual information.

No, point being that all you are interested in doing is attacking Fox News, not discussing what I wrote.

Wrong again son, I said ALL of them are biased. You're just interested in slamming only liberal news sources.

Wrong again son, I said ALL of them are biased. You're just interested in slamming only liberal news sources.

Look, you're the one that quoted me and not one GD thing you wrote had anything to do with my post... All you did was try and get me into yet ANOTHER pissing contest over ever liberals favorite activity... Bashing Fox News... Now if you want to discuss what I posted that's fine, but I'm not playing your game.

Look, you're the one that quoted me and not one GD thing you wrote had anything to do with my post... All you did was try and get me into yet ANOTHER pissing contest over ever liberals favorite activity... Bashing Fox News... Now if you want to discuss what I posted that's fine, but I'm not playing your game.

Yes, we know you love to bash just liberal media. Yes, you quoted as saying the liberal media like NBC were all biased, but said NOTHING about Fox News. Are you afraid to look like a hack? I'm guessing you are. Now, go run away and hide son.

Yes, we know you love to bash just liberal media. Yes, you quoted as saying the liberal media like NBC were all biased, but said NOTHING about Fox News. Are you afraid to look like a hack? I'm guessing you are. Now, go run away and hide son.

Here's my post... And here are the facts...

I didn't "bash" any media outlet.
They are biased and you yourself just called them the "Liberal" media, which itself is an admission from you of their bias.
My comment was directed at network news coverage, because they are by far the most watched (10 to 1 over Fox's Special Report), therefore the most influential.

I understand that the cable news outlets have to be entertaining in order to draw viewers, which means bias is going to be there. What I have an issue with is the the bias that's presented in the straight, hard news broadcasts.

It is possible and would not be difficult for the networks to present the news nearly bias free, and/or from a politically balanced perspective. The first step is the hardest and in the case of the big 3 (CBS, NBC and ABC) a seemingly impossible one. They have to acknowledge they have a political bias. If they could do that, fixing it would be easy.

So why don't you go run and hide, instead of avoiding what I posted and looking like a partisan fool in doing so.

Back
Top Bottom