• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Just the facts from Just The Facts.

I found Just The Facts does a pretty good job avoiding partisan biases (in both directions); Not only have they proven me correct several times but have corrected my thinking more than a few times.

So, when I came across this article I jfelt ist should be shared.

Take it with however many grains of salt you feel is appropriate.

Right from the start, the survey that magically finds liberals to be misinformed at 57% while only 28% of Republicans are misinformed was conducted by...justfacts. Follow the citations they use to support their conclusions and they will lead you to...more justfacts articles. The sources for the correct answers for their survey? Yup, you guessed it. Justfacts.

Garbage in, garbage out.

Thanks for the pointer Bullseye.
What caught my eye was this part:

Seems we'd have better informed electorate if the 'news' (political activist) media would report facts rather than politically driven progressive narratives, apparently. 🤷‍♂️
oh eohrn, what you should notice is that the "editorial" talks about "tthe vast bulk of voters have embraced false and harmful dogmas that accord with their political views." (Bullseye even posted it in his OP) One of the examples it used was that "how many know that NJ has the highest per capita death rate?" Maybe you can explain how not knowing that is "harmful" because I dont understand. I can explain why conservative narratives attacking masks, social distancing and vaccines are harmful: Its killing people. I dont think even you could spin that as "not harmful". Can you give us an example of a "politically driven progressive narrative" that you think is harmful. thanks in advance.

If you dont reply, it will make you smarter than Bullseye. He just keeps whining "not thread related".

Right from the start, the survey that magically finds liberals to be misinformed at 57% while only 28% of Republicans are misinformed was conducted by...justfacts. Follow the citations they use to support their conclusions and they will lead you to...more justfacts articles. The sources for the correct answers for their survey? Yup, you guessed it. Justfacts.
“Magically”? You mean as in magically counting the responses. It’s call “math”. Maybe you’ve heard of it.

Garbage in, garbage out.
Excellent summation of your post.

“Magically”? You mean as in magically counting the responses. It’s call “math”. Maybe you’ve heard of it.
The "math" they used was based on "facts" that came from...justfacts.

If I said "all Republicans are alcoholics," and then supported that claim with a link to me saying "All Republicans are alcoholics," I think you could understand the problem.

The "math" they used was based on "facts" that came from...justfacts.

If I said "all Republicans are alcoholics," and then supported that claim with a link to me saying "All Republicans are alcoholics," I think you could understand the problem.
LOL, MAN, you are desperate. Did you check the SOURCES those Just Facts articles CITED?

Help yourself:
salt shaker.jpg

@Bullseye triumphantly cited a far right propaganda rag whose only sources are its own prior statements and still cannot work out what the problem is? You don't say...

@Bullseye triumphantly cited a far right propaganda rag whose only sources are its own prior statements and still cannot work out what the problem is? You don't say...
LOL, standard wild-eyes, slobber-slinging nonsense. You should see if Cardinal will share some of his salt with you. :ROFLMAO:

I found Just The Facts does a pretty good job avoiding partisan biases (in both directions); Not only have they proven me correct several times but have corrected my thinking more than a few times.

So, when I came across this article I jfelt ist should be shared.

Take it with however many grains of salt you feel is appropriate.
Baloney. You just inserted you own view of the GOP voters. There is evidence of irregularities in the changes of the voting rules in about 7 states. When the secretary of state or the governor arbitrarily decides to change the dates ballots are due, or how you may receive a mail in ballot, when that decision is lawfully the duty of the legislature, there's an issue. When multiple voters receive multiple mail in ballots without ever requesting them, there is a problem.

Thanks for the pointer Bullseye.
What caught my eye was this part:

Seems we'd have better informed electorate if the 'news' (political activist) media would report facts rather than politically driven progressive narratives, apparently. 🤷‍♂️
It's pretty common knowledge that the "news" media is heavily left leaning. Over and over they edit stories and leave out important facts to promote their left leaning personal agendas.

It's pretty common knowledge that the "news" media is heavily left leaning. Over and over they edit stories and leave out important facts to promote their left leaning personal agendas.
The leftist media used at least keep it out of their presentations, but now they are not even pretending to be even semi-impartial, and have devolved into full blown political activists parroting and pushing the left's political narratives.

Baloney. You just inserted you own view of the GOP voters. There is evidence of irregularities in the changes of the voting rules in about 7 states. When the secretary of state or the governor arbitrarily decides to change the dates ballots are due, or how you may receive a mail in ballot, when that decision is lawfully the duty of the legislature, there's an issue. When multiple voters receive multiple mail in ballots without ever requesting them, there is a problem.
Ok, whatever. We’ve discussed these issue ad infinitum in several other threads.

Back
Top Bottom