• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Just remembering how awful the US response to the pandemic was

It’s data, not lies.

weird that you believe what you’re told and despite it having no basis in fact, you still believe it.

I lived it

If shots = not getting covid why did literally everyone I know and talk to who got shots also got covid ?

magic?

it reminds me of all the references on how safe fenfen was, asbestos, talc and roundup .......... you know, the ultra safe, aint ever going to hurt you things that later were found to be killers

and these shots probably won't be that - but shouldn't that be MY choice? Everyone I know who has had the shots also got covid, several died too. Everyone I know wore massks and socially distanced, we all had covid I think. Literally everyone has been exposed to covid, you know that right?

no - the shots don't stop you from getting or transmission covid - those are lies and that you believe them is ok but understand there ARE agenda's behind covid. Don't believe everything you're told IMO

if you got the shot you shouldn't worry about me - right ? you're safe, you're not going to get covid anyway right ?

If I have the shot I (and others) can still catch it from you since you care nothing about COVID countermeasures.

I lived it

If shots = not getting covid why did literally everyone I know and talk to who got shots also got covid ?

magic?
Anecdotal evidence is not reliable evidence.

It also probably tells us more about who you know rather than the vaccine efficacy.

Ah, the emotion accusation.

It doesn't change the fact you lied.
Your irrational claims that I have lied are just your emotional response to losing the arguments.

unknown - we don't know the long term effects of the shots. Asbestos was fantastic ... talc and Roundup were fantastic ... until decades later when discovered they wasn't

see above

nobody ever said that

sometimes I wear a seatbelt, sometimes I don't. some states have helmet laws, some don't

my issue with the shots is they were sold to the public as take it and you won't get covid - that was a lie. Take the shot and you can throw the mask down - that was a lie. Take the shot and you don't die from covid, that was a lie

when something is tied to billions of dollars, you can bet your behind there is lies behind it

as a liberal, I'd think "my body my choice" would be very important to you - but when it comes to shots its not. Bizzarre

and the most bizarre part of all of it? you get the shots and you get the boosters so in your mind you are safe and secure, you're not going to get covid and certainly you won't die from covid .... why you worried about what I do ?
1. Well we know after three years..so.
But we do know tgat vovid does kill children.
And we don't know the effect of repeat covid infections in children either.
We may find children who are unvaccinated and have repeat infections are more likly to develop copd..or blood clotting issues etc.
So based on the best evidence..do your risk/benefit analysis.

2. See above.

3. Exactly. But it needs to be known for your assumption regarding " if your child is healthy".
That child you believe is healthy now..and thus telling the parents " don't worry".
Might develop asthma..or cancer..or have a bad car accident rendering them at immuno suppressed and at higher risk.
But when that happens..vaccination will be less effective..since the immune system is compromised.

Surely you can understand this Doctor.

So again..how do you know for a CERTAINTY that the ten year old won't become immunosupressed in the near future.

3. So. You admit that you believe in preventative action despite the low liklihood of an event occurring.

4. Well your issue is that you weren't following the best medical evidence.
Right from the start of tge vaccine it was known that breakthrough infections occured.
However it was also known and still known to this day..that the vaccine reduces your chance of getting a symptomatic infection.
I don't know who you think " lied " to you but it wasn't the scientific community.

5. Well the makers of the vaccine published their results..and continued to do so..and they showed their were breakthrough infections. So. Who lied and profited by it.
By the way ..you do know doctor that pretty much all vaccines have breakthrough infections right?

6. Not a liberal. What my issue is that " my body my choice" requires either understanding the medical science or listening to a qualified medical professional who does. Not being told what to do by people or government that has no understanding of the medical issues.
Much like you claiming that there are " lies" etc..that really are just the result of you being ignorant of the actual medical science. Yet..you have no problem posting misinformation.

7. See above. You and others keep posting misinformation which causes needless suffering.

That appears to be an acute case of TDS on your part. This country was in fact ill prepared for a pandemic. However placing the blame solely on the Trump administration is ludicrous and partisan hatred based. To be sure there should have been a system in place to handle a major pandemic long before Trump was elected. The warnings of a threat of a pandemic went back through several administrations, yet the shelves were still bare when Trump took office. Trumpo did not play down the virus. Only an idiot would claim he did. He initially held daily press conferences to address it,. He simply did not create a panic. It was your favorite democrat politicos who initially downplayed the virus, such as Nancy Pelosi and Chuck Schumer, And to suggest that Trump failed in getting the states the ppe and ventilators that they needed is an outright lie. He moved heaven and earth to crank up the production and distribution of those items. Basically you are letting your political prejudices get in the way of your medical objectivity. If Trump cured cancer tomorrow, you would just seek to destroy him for not curing it years sooner.
Nope.
The only tds here is yours.
Trump was informed in November that China had a deadly virus that could become a pandemic..yet not only did he do nothing..
When Corona virus came he was busy denying it..then had complete incompetence in his response.

Trump didn't play down virus?.

"President Trump is defending himself after interviews from a new book by legendary reporter Bob Woodward reveal that Trump acknowledged the deadliness of the coronavirus in early February and admitted in March to playing down its severity.

"This is deadly stuff," the president told Woodward in a Feb. 7 conversation, according to the book, which is called Rage. "You just breathe the air and that's how it's passed. And so that's a very tricky one. That's a very delicate one. It's also more deadly than even your strenuous flu."

About a month after the February conversation, Trump admitted to Woodward that he had been playing down the virus's severity.

"I wanted to always play it down," Trump told Woodward on March 19. "I still like playing it down, because I don't want to create a panic."

Sweet baby jesus...Trump is quoted saying he played down the virus.
!!!!.

Cripes..just another example of catching you spouting bs.

Nope.
The only tds here is yours.
Trump was informed in November that China had a deadly virus that could become a pandemic..yet not only did he do nothing..
When Corona virus came he was busy denying it..then had complete incompetence in his response.

Trump didn't play down virus?.

"President Trump is defending himself after interviews from a new book by legendary reporter Bob Woodward reveal that Trump acknowledged the deadliness of the coronavirus in early February and admitted in March to playing down its severity.

"This is deadly stuff," the president told Woodward in a Feb. 7 conversation, according to the book, which is called Rage. "You just breathe the air and that's how it's passed. And so that's a very tricky one. That's a very delicate one. It's also more deadly than even your strenuous flu."

About a month after the February conversation, Trump admitted to Woodward that he had been playing down the virus's severity.

"I wanted to always play it down," Trump told Woodward on March 19. "I still like playing it down, because I don't want to create a panic."

Sweet baby jesus...Trump is quoted saying he played down the virus.
!!!!.

Cripes..just another example of catching you spouting bs.
Too many halftruths and falsehoods in that rant to take you too seriously. Try again.

1. Well we know after three years..so.
But we do know tgat vovid does kill children.
And we don't know the effect of repeat covid infections in children either.
We may find children who are unvaccinated and have repeat infections are more likly to develop copd..or blood clotting issues etc.
So based on the best evidence..do your risk/benefit analysis.

do this - look back over the last few years of covid - how many under 18 have died each year ? if covid shots REALLY saved lives, you'd see a big reduction in deaths under 18 after the shots came out right ?

shotted or not shotted people get covid repeatedly - the shots don't matter

I know this not by reading a CDC site , but by actual real world experience

2. See above.

3. Exactly. But it needs to be known for your assumption regarding " if your child is healthy".
That child you believe is healthy now..and thus telling the parents " don't worry".
Might develop asthma..or cancer..or have a bad car accident rendering them at immuno suppressed and at higher risk.
But when that happens..vaccination will be less effective..since the immune system is compromised.

Surely you can understand this Doctor.

So again..how do you know for a CERTAINTY that the ten year old won't become immunosupressed in the near future.

as certain as I am that the shots won't have side effects in the coming years- nobody knows

3. So. You admit that you believe in preventative action despite the low liklihood of an event occurring.

4. Well your issue is that you weren't following the best medical evidence.
Right from the start of tge vaccine it was known that breakthrough infections occured.
However it was also known and still known to this day..that the vaccine reduces your chance of getting a symptomatic infection.
I don't know who you think " lied " to you but it wasn't the scientific community.

breakthrough is a rare event

what we know now is shotted people get covid just like non-shotted people do

no, I reject the shots stop you from getting covid - they don't

5. Well the makers of the vaccine published their results..and continued to do so..and they showed their were breakthrough infections. So. Who lied and profited by it.
By the way ..you do know doctor that pretty much all vaccines have breakthrough infections right?

not breakthrough and who profited? rich people - regardless of political affiliation. I posted some profit numbers earlier

6. Not a liberal. What my issue is that " my body my choice" requires either understanding the medical science or listening to a qualified medical professional who does. Not being told what to do by people or government that has no understanding of the medical issues.
Much like you claiming that there are " lies" etc..that really are just the result of you being ignorant of the actual medical science. Yet..you have no problem posting misinformation.

7. See above. You and others keep posting misinformation which causes needless suffering.

you know as well as I do a shotted person can get covid and spread covid and die from covid - stop pretending you're better than other people because you submitted to the pressure from the Govt to get shots

if you've been shotted, and you believe you're immune and can't get or die from covid you shouldn't worry about my shot status AT ALL

I'll tell you this - I'd walk into a gym full of covid positive people and help treat them all with no second thoughts. Would you ? I don't have any fears from covid virus.

do this - look back over the last few years of covid - how many under 18 have died each year ? if covid shots REALLY saved lives, you'd see a big reduction in deaths under 18 after the shots came out right ?

as certain as I am that the shots won't have side effects in the coming years- nobody knows

not breakthrough and who profited? rich people - regardless of political affiliation. I posted some profit numbers earlier

you know as well as I do a shotted person can get covid and spread covid and die from covid - stop pretending you're better than other people because you submitted to the pressure from the Govt to get shots

if you've been shotted, and you believe you're immune and can't get or die from covid you shouldn't worry about my shot status AT ALL

I'll tell you this - I'd walk into a gym full of covid positive people and help treat them all with no second thoughts. Would you ? I don't have any fears from covid virus.

Please share the current death rate for under 18 COVID patients...

As to all your acquaintances getting COVID.

Did they die?

Please share the current death rate for under 18 COVID patients...

As to all your acquaintances getting COVID.

Did they die?

99.998 % of people under 18 don't die from covid

they wore pink hats - I think that's why they didn't die from covid. In fact, of the 330 million people in the USA, every year the most that died was what, 600,000 ? what's that % ?

I mean if you had a lot of elderly in your family/friends/circle I could see a person maybe knowing more than .5 % of their circle of people dying from covid but most people ? 1.1 million is a lot ... but its a small % of 330 million isn't it ?

current death rate for under 18? I looked it up, its about 550-600 a year but most of them are already health compromised

73 million under 18 in the USA right? what's 550 a year of that 73 million ? wasn't the math like 0.0002 % ?

99.998 % of people under 18 don't die from covid

they wore pink hats - I think that's why they didn't die from covid. In fact, of the 330 million people in the USA, every year the most that died was what, 600,000 ? what's that % ?

I mean if you had a lot of elderly in your family/friends/circle I could see a person maybe knowing more than .5 % of their circle of people dying from covid but most people ? 1.1 million is a lot ... but its a small % of 330 million isn't it ?

current death rate for under 18? I looked it up, its about 550-600 a year but most of them are already health compromised

73 million under 18 in the USA right? what's 550 a year of that 73 million ? wasn't the math like 0.0002 % ?

You stated 99.998 % of people under 18 don't die from covid...

If true doesn't this make your claims false?

And.... Your acquaintances getting COVID.

Did they die?

my GF didn't get the shots nor my brother

how did they both live ??

1. Not especially. Particularly when the pandemic also created a ton of stress and there was a surge in teen suicide.
"In a study published today in Pediatrics, researchers in the Center for Suicide Prevention and Research at Nationwide Children’s Hospital found that in the United States, youth suicides increased during COVID-19, with significantly more suicides than expected among males, non-Hispanic American Indian/Alaskan Native youth, and non-Hispanic Black youth. ".

But keep floundering around.

2. Not true. Vaccine reduces transmission
While we observed VOC-specific immune-escape, especially by Omicron, and waning over time since immunization, vaccination remained associated with a reduced risk of SARS-CoV-2-transmission.

And reduces chance of infection.

"Updated monovalent COVID-19 vaccines provided 54% (95% CI = 46–60%) protection against symptomatic SARS-CoV-2 infection in persons recently vaccinate"

3. And your " real world experience is not valid".
Real world studies of the vaccine are valid.

4. But there is the best evidence.
What you don't know us that there are studies that show repeat infections can lead to further problems with organ failure..
While there are studies that show there is very little evidence of long term effects or even a mechanism for it from the vaccine.

5. You are funny. You don't even know what a breakthrough infection is.
A breakthrough infection is when you are vaccinated but get an infection anyway..

6. I posted the research evidence that the shots prevent infection.
7. Sure a vaccinated person can get covid and die. And spread covid . But all of that is less likely if they are vaccinated vs not being vaccinated

8. Yeah no. First..vaccines are only as good as the persons immune system
So even being vaccinated it's possible that my immune system is so poor I can't fight off an infection if you give it to me.
Second..if you and other unvaccinated get sick with covid..not only can you spread it ..but if it sends you to the hospital and enough of you. Then this uses up resources unnecessarily that I might need

1. Not especially. Particularly when the pandemic also created a ton of stress and there was a surge in teen suicide.
"In a study published today in Pediatrics, researchers in the Center for Suicide Prevention and Research at Nationwide Children’s Hospital found that in the United States, youth suicides increased during COVID-19, with significantly more suicides than expected among males, non-Hispanic American Indian/Alaskan Native youth, and non-Hispanic Black youth. ".

I thought suicide decreased ? (ya'lls precious cdc site)

But keep floundering around.
rich

2. Not true. Vaccine reduces transmission
While we observed VOC-specific immune-escape, especially by Omicron, and waning over time since immunization, vaccination remained associated with a reduced risk of SARS-CoV-2-transmission.

I disagree - I know fefen was said to be said, roundup, asbestos, talc ..... they were all reported to be safe. So just because something is published doesn't mean its true, they're guessing

And reduces chance of infection.

"Updated monovalent COVID-19 vaccines provided 54% (95% CI = 46–60%) protection against symptomatic SARS-CoV-2 infection in persons recently vaccinate"
I disagree - I know fefen was said to be said, roundup, asbestos, talc ..... they were all reported to be safe. So just because something is published doesn't mean its true, they're guessing

3. And your " real world experience is not valid".
Real world studies of the vaccine are valid.

4. But there is the best evidence.
What you don't know us that there are studies that show repeat infections can lead to further problems with organ failure..
While there are studies that show there is very little evidence of long term effects or even a mechanism for it from the vaccine.

this is true, there is evidence today - and it can absolutely change tomorrow. my cousin is all shotted and all boosted and I think she's had covid 5 times? amazing how many shotted people have had covid more than once isn't it?

5. You are funny. You don't even know what a breakthrough infection is.
A breakthrough infection is when you are vaccinated but get an infection anyway..

which is literally everyone who has the covid shot can get covid - its not "breakthrough' its literally reality

6. I posted the research evidence that the shots prevent infection.
7. Sure a vaccinated person can get covid and die. And spread covid . But all of that is less likely if they are vaccinated vs not being vaccinated

8. Yeah no. First..vaccines are only as good as the persons immune system
So even being vaccinated it's possible that my immune system is so poor I can't fight off an infection if you give it to me.
Second..if you and other unvaccinated get sick with covid..not only can you spread it ..but if it sends you to the hospital and enough of you. Then this uses up resources unnecessarily that I might need

I know you believe that. I don't.

Shotted people get and spread covid just like non-shotted people. I might believe different after 10 years of evidence but until then? no - I've seen everyone I know with covid shots getting it and spreading it. My cousin I mentioned? she's the worst. Or was. NOBODY could come over .... unless they were shotted then it was a party !! why? because she believed Biden. They got covid multiple times, spread it ..... alienated their family and friends, and the shots didn't help them one bit

I thought suicide decreased ? (ya'lls precious cdc site)

rich

this is true, there is evidence today - and it can absolutely change tomorrow. my cousin is all shotted and all boosted and I think she's had covid 5 times? amazing how many shotted people have had covid more than once isn't it?

which is literally everyone who has the covid shot can get covid - its not "breakthrough' its literally reality

I know you believe that. I don't.

Shotted people get and spread covid just like non-shotted people. I might believe different after 10 years of evidence but until then? no - I've seen everyone I know with covid shots getting it and spreading it. My cousin I mentioned? she's the worst. Or was. NOBODY could come over .... unless they were shotted then it was a party !! why? because she believed Biden. They got covid multiple times, spread it ..... alienated their family and friends, and the shots didn't help them one bit
Just like.... Keep bleating that lie.

Back
Top Bottom