• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Just remembering how awful the US response to the pandemic was

when you refuse to answer questions that gives me the answers I need. That's on you, not me

Wrong.

You make stupid accusations and/or assumptions because you are you.

you simply don't understand and nothing I try seems to get through

When you deliver horse shit instead of rational discussion that is what happens.

you seem to think the shots saved kids lives don't you ?

Vaccines reduce the severity of a COVID infection.

Why do you expend such effort in being wrong about so much?

Basically what you argue for is the right to infect.
ok full stop - shotted people get covid just as much as non-shotted people do. The shots DO NOT stop you from getting covid.

Vaccines at this point reduce the severity of COVID infection.

Reduced severity leads to reduced ability to infect others.

100% wrong - infected people spread covid, period. shotted people spread covid even more IMO because they think they're superman

Wearing a mask when infected further reduces reduces the ability to infect others.
a really good mask maybe - not the dirty cloth ones people wear

Social distancing further reduces reduces the ability to infect others.
that never worked, ever

When COVID was in full force and people (save for idiots) were employing these countermeasures flu also saw a huge drop.

if you look, the months of the most deaths were AFTER people started wearing masks, social distancing etc. Just the opposite of making a difference

ok full stop - shotted people get covid just as much as non-shotted people do. The shots DO NOT stop you from getting covid.

Just as much.

Citation?

100% wrong - infected people spread covid, period.

Yes they can. At a lower rate.

shotted people spread covid even more IMO because they think they're superman

Vaccinated people spread more because they think they're superman?

Remember what I said about stupid statements?

a really good mask maybe - not the dirty cloth ones people wear

Any mask will have an effect. The better a mask, the better an effect.

that never worked, ever

Citation that it " never worked, ever"?

if you look, the months of the most deaths were AFTER people started wearing masks, social distancing etc. Just the opposite of making a difference

Wow

Just wow.

The stupid just flows from that sentence.

I'll just let that one sit there.

I'll give you a chance to figure out why that is.

Just as much.

Citation?

Yes they can. At a lower rate.

I don't believe that - no. Infected is infected

Vaccinated people spread more because they think they're superman?

Remember what I said about stupid statements?

Any mask will have an effect. The better a mask, the better an effect.

Citation that it " never worked, ever"?

if masking helped, why did the infection numbers soar after people masked up ?

I don't believe that - no. Infected is infected

if masking helped, why did the infection numbers soar after people masked up ?

Your inability to understand is irrelevant.

And masking reduces the ability of the sick to infact others.

Whether or not you understand.

Your inability to understand is irrelevant.

And masking reduces the ability of the sick to infact others.

Whether or not you understand.

so everyone masked up and the virus kinda went away right? I mean, infections/deaths went down bigly when everyone had to mask up right ?

no? you mean in the months that followed the numbers SOARED ? masks/social distancing were all practiced and the numbers soared didn't they ?

that's NOT reduction

Bwaahh..the only one trying to spin something here is you.

Cripes..you are trying to spin Biden and Harris into " anti vaxxers".

Meanwhile Trump was incompetent at almost every turn..
Downplayed tge virus when he KNEW it was deadly.
Failed to prepare when he knew China had this virus..
Failed utterly in getting the states the ppe and ventilators they needed.
Undermined the medical experts.
Told people it was just going to go away.
That he handled it.
On and on..

That appears to be an acute case of TDS on your part. This country was in fact ill prepared for a pandemic. However placing the blame solely on the Trump administration is ludicrous and partisan hatred based. To be sure there should have been a system in place to handle a major pandemic long before Trump was elected. The warnings of a threat of a pandemic went back through several administrations, yet the shelves were still bare when Trump took office. Trumpo did not play down the virus. Only an idiot would claim he did. He initially held daily press conferences to address it,. He simply did not create a panic. It was your favorite democrat politicos who initially downplayed the virus, such as Nancy Pelosi and Chuck Schumer, And to suggest that Trump failed in getting the states the ppe and ventilators that they needed is an outright lie. He moved heaven and earth to crank up the production and distribution of those items. Basically you are letting your political prejudices get in the way of your medical objectivity. If Trump cured cancer tomorrow, you would just seek to destroy him for not curing it years sooner.

Just stop. Neither one were antivaxxers...ever. From the very get go they encouraged everyone to get vaccinated to curtain the deadly virus. In fact, they considered mandating the procedure. but legal raised a stink about that.
Spin all you like! They still politicised the vaccines during the debate by invoking Trump and stating that they would not take them if Trump said they should, when they should have simply encouraged Americans to take the vaccines when they became available. For all practical purposes, that made them pretty much anti-vaxxers.

so everyone masked up and the virus kinda went away right? I mean, infections/deaths went down bigly when everyone had to mask up right ?

no? you mean in the months that followed the numbers SOARED ? masks/social distancing were all practiced and the numbers soared didn't they ?

that's NOT reduction

Ah, the sweet sound of ignorance....

Things have been explained numerous times as to why the numbers were what they were.

And your intentional ignorance continues.

One clue though.....

Many, many idiots refused the vaccine, masking, distancing, etc.

Spin all you like! They still politicised the vaccines during the debate by invoking Trump and stating that they would not take them if Trump said they should, when they should have simply encouraged Americans to take the vaccines when they became available. For all practical purposes, that made them pretty much anti-vaxxers.

You lied.

Own it.

Ah, the sweet sound of ignorance....

Things have been explained numerous times as to why the numbers were what they were.

And your intentional ignorance continues.

One clue though.....

Many, many idiots refused the vaccine, masking, distancing, etc.

the continued insults I am not going to deal with anymore. you don't want an honest open discussion you want to insult and petty name call and I'm done with it

Why would anyone do anything if Trump told them what to do/? Did you inject bleach?

the continued insults I am not going to deal with anymore. you don't want an honest open discussion you want to insult and petty name call and I'm done with it

If you don't want to be called out for intentional ignorance don't demonstrate intentional ignorance.

I've tried rational, honest and open discussion and it hasn't gotten even the most basic concepts though to you.

I can teach you but I can't learn you.

Why would anyone do anything if Trump told them what to do/? Did you inject bleach?
What I would not have done if I were in Biden and Harris's shoes was making any statement that would have given any American doubts about the vaccines. That is the sin they committed. Their statments came off as anti-vaxx if the vaccines were developed during the Trump administration.. If the roles had been reversed and it was Trump talking down vaccines for political purposes, I would have been just as angry.

What I would not have done if I were in Biden and Harris's shoes was making any statement that would have given any American doubts about the vaccines. That is the sin they committed. Their statments came off as anti-vaxx if the vaccines were developed during the Trump administration.. If the roles had been reversed and it was Trump talking down vaccines for political purposes, I would have been just as angry.

You lied.

Own it.

you're doing ok - but the continued petty name calling ? really ? why you gotta be like that ?
You realize its a descriptor - not name calling, right?

I mean, you ignored several references to the vaccine being very effective against catching and transmitting COVID, and continue to claim that it doesnt.

Whats that if not 'intentional ignorance'?

I mean, you ignored several references to the vaccine being very effective against catching and transmitting COVID, and continue to claim that it doesnt.

Dead on balls accurate.

it reminds me of all the references on how safe fenfen was, asbestos, talc and roundup .......... you know, the ultra safe, aint ever going to hurt you things that later were found to be killers

and these shots probably won't be that - but shouldn't that be MY choice? Everyone I know who has had the shots also got covid, several died too. Everyone I know wore massks and socially distanced, we all had covid I think. Literally everyone has been exposed to covid, you know that right?

no - the shots don't stop you from getting or transmission covid - those are lies and that you believe them is ok but understand there ARE agenda's behind covid. Don't believe everything you're told IMO

if you got the shot you shouldn't worry about me - right ? you're safe, you're not going to get covid anyway right ?

it reminds me of all the references on how safe fenfen was, asbestos, talc and roundup .......... you know, the ultra safe, aint ever going to hurt you things that later were found to be killers

and these shots probably won't be that - but shouldn't that be MY choice? Everyone I know who has had the shots also got covid, several died too. Everyone I know wore massks and socially distanced, we all had covid I think. Literally everyone has been exposed to covid, you know that right?

no - the shots don't stop you from getting or transmission covid - those are lies and that you believe them is ok but understand there ARE agenda's behind covid. Don't believe everything you're told IMO

if you got the shot you shouldn't worry about me - right ? you're safe, you're not going to get covid anyway right ?
It’s data, not lies.

weird that you believe what you’re told and despite it having no basis in fact, you still believe it.

Back
Top Bottom