• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Just remembering how awful the US response to the pandemic was

Saying ..the flu is a hoax..kills people.
Saying BEFORE flu season is in full swing..
"The flu season will be mild this year."..could kill people if people who should have vaccinated don't.

There is a vast difference between PREDICTING that there will be a mild flu season..and possibly encouraging people to forego vaccination..

And reporting AFTER THE FACT.. that the flu season was mild.

You can see the difference right?.
So, ummmmm, lemme get this straight. Trump says "It will be over soon" after his advisor tells him "It will take just 15 days to stem the spread" and holds up a sign saying that at a national TV spot. People watch that and do WHAT afterward that causes millions to die? They believe Trump who has no medical background and then what?

I posted earlier about assertions and CLAIMS that others want ME to believe or else. Yours is just that. A claim and an assertion and your hatred of everything Trump colors everything you say and do. There is absolutely ZERO evidence that what Trump said, or even Fauci's sign had ANYTHING at all to do with the death rate. Yet, you make assertions and claims that it did. Why? For no reason other than hate and animosity. You didn't want Trump as president so any little thing he says is magnified out of proportion.

Would someone like YOU not get vaccinated because he said "It will be over soon."? Did anyone here not get vaccinated because of that? I know of no one who did anything different because of Trump's comments and you don't either. You and the other Libs of DP, and I definitely consider you to be a liberal, just make claims. That's al;l you do. You have no evidence. Fauci himself admitted that there was no science behind lockdowns and social distancing and yet we all did it. So much for "Mr. Scince". And the mask thing has also been thoroughly debunked since the virus is transmitted primarily through the air.

The numbers back up the claims.

except there are many other factors involved in why people died from covid virus

getting a shot or not isn't the only factors - I know ya'll want it to be but it simply isn't

We can't let people post things like "Covid affects mainly the elderly and the sick. We have to make it seem like it affects everyone the same" and so they locked down schools, restaurants, and everything to put p[people in fear.

covid did impact the elderly the most and those already compromised - 100% true

under 50 years of age and in 4 years there were about 72,000 dead attributed to covid - that's a lot, its what, 24,000 a year or something like that ..... less than car wrecks, less than drug overdoses etc

and of the 24,000 a year, I'd guess 20,000 or more were health compromised

50 and older got hammered - because why ? over 50 people are less healthy, more obese, more health compromised ............ right ?

1711469896190.png

Fascinating..

Hey Doctor..

How about you show us your risk/ benefit analysis for vaccination vs covid infection for 18 and under.?.

You gave us tge rate of covid death for 18 and under.
Show us the death rate from vaccination.
For under 18..

And show us that there is a greater chance of death from covid vaccination..than covid infection.

Then..when done with that...give us your thoughts about pre existing conditions.

Explain how you KNOW for a CERTAINTY
That the 10 year old in your office now..
Won't develop asthma..won't develop cancer..won't develop juvenile diabetes ...etc.. when they are 11 or 12?

Explain why you wouldn't want to vaccinate tgat 10 year old NOW why they are healthy and will have the best possible immune reaction to the vaccine..

Rather you would wait until they have a pre existing condition and will mount a poor or weak response to the vaccine. One which has a lower chance of protecting them..?

Please explain doctor..

they are 99.998 % chance not going to get covid and die - that's about the right percentages, am I right ?

for a two thousandsth's of a percent chance of a kid dying from covid virus you'd push mandatory shots for every person under 18 in the USA ?

that's what you're saying ?

So, ummmmm, lemme get this straight. Trump says "It will be over soon" after his advisor tells him "It will take just 15 days to stem the spread" and holds up a sign saying that at a national TV spot. People watch that and do WHAT afterward that causes millions to die? They believe Trump who has no medical background and then what?

I posted earlier about assertions and CLAIMS that others want ME to believe or else. Yours is just that. A claim and an assertion and your hatred of everything Trump colors everything you say and do. There is absolutely ZERO evidence that what Trump said, or even Fauci's sign had ANYTHING at all to do with the death rate. Yet, you make assertions and claims that it did. Why? For no reason other than hate and animosity. You didn't want Trump as president so any little thing he says is magnified out of proportion.

Would someone like YOU not get vaccinated because he said "It will be over soon."? Did anyone here not get vaccinated because of that? I know of no one who did anything different because of Trump's comments and you don't either. You and the other Libs of DP, and I definitely consider you to be a liberal, just make claims. That's al;l you do. You have no evidence. Fauci himself admitted that there was no science behind lockdowns and social distancing and yet we all did it. So much for "Mr. Scince". And the mask thing has also been thoroughly debunked since the virus is transmitted primarily through the air.
1. When Trump did that..tens of millions stop listening to medical experts..ignore calls to isolate when sick. Refused to reduce travel..refused to be extra careful around loved ones..who were ill.

I had a patient ask me about covid in tge early days. I told him " this looks bad..all tge reports I am seeing indicates this is serious.".

Two months later..I saw him and he was obviously upset..and asked him what was up. He told me that his brother had been recovering from cancer...
And my patient had told his nephews not to visit if they were sick. As it could be covid.
They told him " covid is nothing ..heck it's like the flu". Etc.

So they visited my patients brother..( their dad)..and apparently one of tgem had developed a cough..
My patients brother got covid from them ended up in the hospital and died a week later..

THATS how that misinformation from Trump killed people.

2. Unlike you..I provide detailed research that backs up what I say. Reams of it now.
Facts are facts.

And yeah..I have patients who have died because they didn't vaccinate because they believed lies like the ones you spread..
That covid was just like the flu..it would go away when the election was over..the scientists like fauci were all liars...that covid was a big money making fraud perpetuated by the medical community and the LIBS.

SO YES..I HAVE SEEN THE UNNECESSARY DEATH CAUSED BY THE MISINFORMATION YOU KEEP SPREADING

Its why i keep exposing your misinformation over and over..

Because the sheer volume of misinformation you and your antivaxxers post on social media..
Has overwhelmed rational medical experts voices.

they are 99.998 % chance not going to get covid and die - that's about the right percentages, am I right ?

for a two thousandsth's of a percent chance of a kid dying from covid virus you'd push mandatory shots for every person under 18 in the USA ?

that's what you're saying ?
Excuse me doctor ..
I asked you to.

How about you show us your risk/ benefit analysis for vaccination vs covid infection for 18 and under.?.

For under 18..

And show us that there is a greater chance of death from covid vaccination..than covid infection.

Then..when done with that...give us your thoughts about pre existing conditions.

Won't develop asthma..won't develop cancer..won't develop juvenile diabetes ...etc.. when they are 11 or 12?

Explain why you wouldn't want to vaccinate tgat 10 year old NOW why they are healthy and will have the best possible immune reaction to the vaccine..

Rather you would wait until they have a pre existing condition and will mount a poor or weak response to the vaccine. One which has a lower chance of protecting them..?

Answer the questions.

Let's see your analysis..

Excuse me doctor ..
I asked you to.

For under 18..

Answer the questions.

Let's see your analysis..

ok, paint me the scenario of hat 10 year old ... I need his medical records, he medical profiles of maternal/paternal, I need to know absolutely everything a doctor would know if I'm to answer your hypothetical

but short answer ? here are the causes of death in kids ..... you want to keep your kids safe? do not EVER let them do as much as the below as you possibly can

covid virus? they're 99.998 % not going to get it and die from it. I'd not worry about that any more than I'd worry about dying from fire/burns

All injury-related causes​
12,336​
15.79 (15.51–16.07)​
60.6​
Motor vehicle crash​
4,074​
5.21 (5.06–5.38)​
20.0​
Firearm-related injury​
3,143​
4.02 (3.88–4.16)​
15.4​
 Homicide​
1,865​
2.39 (2.28–2.50)​
 Suicide​
1,102​
1.41 (1.33–1.50)​
 Unintentional​
126​
0.16 (0.13–0.19)​
 Undetermined intent​
50​
0.06 (0.05–0.09)​
Malignant neoplasm​
1,853​
2.37 (2.27–2.48)​
9.1​
Suffocation†​
1,430​
1.83 (1.74–1.93)​
7.0​
 Suicide​
1,110​
1.42 (1.34–1.51)​
 Unintentional​
235​
0.30 (0.26–0.34)​
Drowning​
995​
1.27 (1.20–1.36)​
4.9​
Drug overdose or poisoning​
982​
1.26 (1.18–1.34)​
4.8​
 Suicide​
123​
0.16 (0.13–0.19)​
 Unintentional​
761​
0.97 (0.91–1.05)​
Congenital anomalies​
979​
1.25 (1.18–1.33)​
4.8​
Heart disease​
599​
0.77 (0.71–0.83)​
2.9​
Fire or burns​
340​
0.44 (0.39–0.48)​
1.7​
 Unintentional​
272​
0.35 (0.31–0.39)​
Chronic lower respiratory disease​
274​
0.35 (0.31–0.40)​
1.3​

ok, paint me the scenario of hat 10 year old ... I need his medical records, he medical profiles of maternal/paternal, I need to know absolutely everything a doctor would know if I'm to answer your hypothetical

but short answer ? here are the causes of death in kids ..... you want to keep your kids safe? do not EVER let them do as much as the below as you possibly can

covid virus? they're 99.998 % not going to get it and die from it. I'd not worry about that any more than I'd worry about dying from fire/burns

All injury-related causes​
12,336​
15.79 (15.51–16.07)​
60.6​
Motor vehicle crash​
4,074​
5.21 (5.06–5.38)​
20.0​
Firearm-related injury​
3,143​
4.02 (3.88–4.16)​
15.4​
 Homicide​
1,865​
2.39 (2.28–2.50)​
 Suicide​
1,102​
1.41 (1.33–1.50)​
 Unintentional​
126​
0.16 (0.13–0.19)​
 Undetermined intent​
50​
0.06 (0.05–0.09)​
Malignant neoplasm​
1,853​
2.37 (2.27–2.48)​
9.1​
Suffocation†​
1,430​
1.83 (1.74–1.93)​
7.0​
 Suicide​
1,110​
1.42 (1.34–1.51)​
 Unintentional​
235​
0.30 (0.26–0.34)​
Drowning​
995​
1.27 (1.20–1.36)​
4.9​
Drug overdose or poisoning​
982​
1.26 (1.18–1.34)​
4.8​
 Suicide​
123​
0.16 (0.13–0.19)​
 Unintentional​
761​
0.97 (0.91–1.05)​
Congenital anomalies​
979​
1.25 (1.18–1.33)​
4.8​
Heart disease​
599​
0.77 (0.71–0.83)​
2.9​
Fire or burns​
340​
0.44 (0.39–0.48)​
1.7​
 Unintentional​
272​
0.35 (0.31–0.39)​
Chronic lower respiratory disease​
274​
0.35 (0.31–0.40)​
1.3​
Comparing injury to death.

Deliberately ignorant, or….

1. When Trump did that..tens of millions stop listening to medical experts..ignore calls to isolate when sick. Refused to reduce travel..refused to be extra careful around loved ones..who were ill.

I had a patient ask me about covid in tge early days. I told him " this looks bad..all tge reports I am seeing indicates this is serious.".

Two months later..I saw him and he was obviously upset..and asked him what was up. He told me that his brother had been recovering from cancer...
And my patient had told his nephews not to visit if they were sick. As it could be covid.

So they visited my patients brother..( their dad)..and apparently one of tgem had developed a cough..
My patients brother got covid from them ended up in the hospital and died a week later..

2. Unlike you..I provide detailed research that backs up what I say. Reams of it now.
Facts are facts.

And yeah..I have patients who have died because they didn't vaccinate because they believed lies like the ones you spread..
That covid was just like the flu..it would go away when the election was over..the scientists like fauci were all liars...that covid was a big money making fraud perpetuated by the medical community and the LIBS.

SO YES..I HAVE SEEN THE UNNECESSARY DEATH CAUSED BY THE MISINFORMATION YOU KEEP SPREADING

Because the sheer volume of misinformation you and your antivaxxers post on social media..
Nearly every one of your posts use fallacies. It’s lije debating a Christian who says, “My aunt Martha died because she had Covid and didn’t pray.”

Comparing injury to death.

Deliberately ignorant, or….

I'm comparing RISK

FAR FAR more likely a person under 18 dies in a car crash than from covid virus - isn't it ? pick any of them - look, the core point remains

under 18 is 99.998 % likely to NOT get covid bad and die

healthy kids? more like 99.999

if that 0.001 % freaks you out? then force your kids to wear a bubble head for all i care - that's your choice as a parent. But to say vaccines saved kids lives it simply not true plain and simple because they wasn't dying from it anyway

I'm comparing RISK

FAR FAR more likely a person under 18 dies in a car crash than from covid virus - isn't it ? pick any of them - look, the core point remains

under 18 is 99.998 % likely to NOT get covid bad and die

healthy kids? more like 99.999

if that 0.001 % freaks you out? then force your kids to wear a bubble head for all i care - that's your choice as a parent. But to say vaccines saved kids lives it simply not true plain and simple because they wasn't dying from it anyway

And yet 1,600+ children died of COVID....

Vaccinations did and do save lives.

covid shots? no, not so much IMO

we'll know for sure 10-20 years from now the damages caused from covid for sure

as for the shots and keeping people from dying? unknown - there is evidence to suggest they might, but there are so many other factors that me? I going to remain skeptical

I never said the numbers were 0
is the grandson under 18 and no existing medical issue ? if so, he's one of maybe a couple of hundred a year that are under 18, healthy and got covid bad - very very rare
was he vaccinated ?

You said "kids don't get COVID really"

and bemaoned their use in an example as if it were somehow counterfactual

Glad to see you have enough sense to backtrack a bit

I’m always astonished at the incredible willingness to either outright lie or just refuse to understand about a health issue that harms so many people.

Really pathological.
afaIct, @stealthycat's response was utterly unrelated to the content of that article

I was curious if @stealthycat could tell how unrelated their response was
or if @stealthycat just doesn't give a shit

Facts are facts.

Much appreciate you doing so.

Shine that light into the dark corners of the internet...looks like there are some here.

it was well understood by people that Biden and Harris were pointing out Trump was making another bull crap promise about the vaccine being done well ahead of what the experts involved in developing and testing the vaccine were saying.
You can attempt to spin until the sun goes supernova, however Biden and Harris still politicised the vaccine by invoking Trump and saying they would not get the vaccine if Trumo said they should, when they should have simply encouraged Americans to get the vaccine when it became available.

Much appreciate you doing so.

Shine that light into the dark corners of the internet...looks like there are some here.
His posts are filled with speculation

covid shots? no, not so much IMO

Uneducated opinion noted.

we'll know for sure 10-20 years from now the damages caused from covid for sure

as for the shots and keeping people from dying? unknown - there is evidence to suggest they might, but there are so many other factors that me? I going to remain skeptical

Again, uneducated opinion noted.

Back
Top Bottom