• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Just remembering how awful the US response to the pandemic was

Remember how Trump said for months “it’s going away” because “things go away”, while waving his little fingers...

and remember how Biden said he was going to beat covid, covid was under control, the pandemic was over !

going on 800,000 dead under his watch

people are wrong, people say dumb things, Trump and Biden both on covid

and remember how Biden said he was going to beat covid, covid was under control, the pandemic was over !

As I showed you before (and you deliberately ignored in the valiant effort to be deliberately ignorant) the bulk of those deaths were MAGA idiots who refused to get vaccinated - mostly because people passed on information that 'the vaccine doesnt decrease the chances of getting COVID'.

You know those types of people, dontcha?

And not one indication one understands why....

liberals will tell you social distancing and wearing dirty cloth masks saved us all from the flu

I don't buy it
I heard that excuse, which of course is not based on anything at all. That is why I mentioned the apologetics used by Catholics/Christians. Just come up with something...anything to explain away anything and that's all you need to do.

As I showed you before (and you deliberately ignored in the valiant effort to be deliberately ignorant) the bulk of those deaths were MAGA idiots who refused to get vaccinated - mostly because people passed on information that 'the vaccine doesnt decrease the chances of getting COVID'.

You know those types of people, dontcha?

you're deliberately being ignorant by deliberately being ignorant by deliberately being ignorant by deliberately being ignorant by deliberately being ignorant by deliberately being ignorant by deliberately being ignorant by deliberately being ignorant by deliberately being ignorant by deliberately being ignorant by deliberately being ignorant by deliberately being ignorant by deliberately being ignorant by deliberately being ignorant by deliberately being ignorant by deliberately being ignorant by deliberately being ignorant by deliberately being ignorant by deliberately being ignorant by deliberately being ignorant by ........

I'm sorry, what were you saying between all the insults ?

If you want to have a grown up discussion, come back

What do you imagine that number might have been if Trump hadn't denied it for months, hadn't proposed stupid non-working solutions, and generally bungled handling the crisis? His confused mixed messages on the vaccine, masking, etc contributed to numerous deaths.

And not one indication one understands why....

did Biden understand why Trump had 400,000 ? Democrats and liberals who weaponized the covid stats before the 2020 election ?

if I were GOP / Trump I'd BLAST those 800,000 dead from covid stats nationwide at some point, reminding people that Biden promised a plan, he promised to save lives, and he's watched 800,000 die under his term and 1500 a week still

what's good for the goose

I heard that excuse, which of course is not based on anything at all. That is why I mentioned the apologetics used by Catholics/Christians. Just come up with something...anything to explain away anything and that's all you need to do.

The same countermeasures used for COVID were effective for flu.

Your intentional ignorance of something you have been informed about multiple times is a sign that you care nothing for the truth.

did Biden understand why Trump had 400,000 ? Democrats and liberals who weaponized the covid stats before the 2020 election ?

if I were GOP / Trump I'd BLAST those 800,000 dead from covid stats nationwide at some point, reminding people that Biden promised a plan, he promised to save lives, and he's watched 800,000 die under his term and 1500 a week still

what's good for the goose

All I see is uninformed bleating about 800,000...

you're deliberately being ignorant by deliberately being ignorant by deliberately being ignorant by deliberately being ignorant by deliberately being ignorant by deliberately being ignorant by deliberately being ignorant by deliberately being ignorant by deliberately being ignorant by deliberately being ignorant by deliberately being ignorant by deliberately being ignorant by deliberately being ignorant by deliberately being ignorant by deliberately being ignorant by deliberately being ignorant by deliberately being ignorant by deliberately being ignorant by deliberately being ignorant by deliberately being ignorant by ........

We are trying to have an intelligent discussion with you....

Unsuccessfully.

But we are trying.

Remaining intentionally ignorant is a losing tactic though.

Is there any other explanation?

The vaccine decreases transmission. The people who died after the vaccine was available were people who refused the vaccine, mostly because a bunch of idiots on the internet denied that it decreased transmission.

And theyre still doing it! And thinking its 'grown up discussion' to boot!

We are trying to have an intelligent discussion with you....

Unsuccessfully.

But we are trying.

Remaining intentionally ignorant is a losing tactic though.

you're doing ok - but the continued petty name calling ? really ? why you gotta be like that ?

The vaccine decreases transmission.
OMG is absolutely didn't - the shots don't stop you from getting or spreading the virus, you do know that, right ?

The people who died after the vaccine was available were people who refused the vaccine, mostly because a bunch of idiots on the internet denied that it decreased transmission.
that's not the whole truth though is it ?

health matters, pre-existing conditions matter, obesity matters ... there are many factors involved other than shot or no shot

OMG is absolutely didn't - the shots don't stop you from getting or spreading the virus, you do know that, right ?

health matters, pre-existing conditions matter, obesity matters ... there are many factors involved other than shot or no shot

Ah, the intentional ignorance flows like the great Mississippi river...

Silly and childish attempts at projection...

Interesting way to ignore the fact you are losing the discussion.

I think I've proved beyond a shadow of a doubt that anyone younger than 40 years old really can't be used in the "shots save lives" debate which is about what, 200 million people ?

They were not going to get covid anyway - 99.99% chance they were not going to get covid and die anyway - you can't use them in the stats really

Democrats/liberals do, they think we're too dumb to understand ..... I guess some are. But if 73 million under 18 have 99.999% chance of living and you give them shots and say "hey, look how many we saved !! " that's not the truth, they didn't save anybody

did they ?

be honest

This is why when we say you are deliberately ignorant, it’s not an insult. It’s a fact.

I’ve posted multiple sources.

So now this is basically a big joke, as its pretty clear you’re just trolling.

But what really matters was vaccination in all those groups.

This is why when we say you are deliberately ignorant, it’s not an insult. It’s a fact.

I’ve posted multiple sources.

biased sources IMO

everyone I know who had the shots also had covid - every single person and many have had covid multiple times fully shotted/boosted. Real life experience for me tell me very very different reality than a web site link does

don't get me wrong, if you want 50 shots/boosters, go for it. You still have the same chances of getting the virus as I do IMO

But what really matters was vaccination in all those groups.

I know you believe that

I think you also believed shots would give you a low low chance of getting the virus and you could ditch the masks. That was wrong though. I think you believed that masks and social distancing and cleaning would help and after all that, 900,000 people died. You might have even supported putting covid positive people in nursing homes like Cuomo did or relasing prisoners because of covid .... I don't know what you believed and what you didn't

What we DO know looking back is there were lots of lies and misinformation spread - enough that everyone should be careful what they read

I think I've proved beyond a shadow of a doubt that anyone younger than 40 years old really can't be used in the "shots save lives" debate which is about what, 200 million people ?

They were not going to get covid anyway - 99.99% chance they were not going to get covid and die anyway - you can't use them in the stats really

Democrats/liberals do, they think we're too dumb to understand ..... I guess some are. But if 73 million under 18 have 99.999% chance of living and you give them shots and say "hey, look how many we saved !! " that's not the truth, they didn't save anybody

did they ?

be honest

Time to first failure.

First paragraph.

Vaccination does indeed save lives.

Perhaps people can see with the person you responded to why I am growing weary of the Libs of DP. Without evidence he asserts that conservatives died at a higher rate because they refused to get vaccinated. They just make these assertions and claims as if they are a matter of fact and then we have to waste our time in responding to such idiotic juvenile assertions.

The vaccine was touted as akin to the ones for polio and measles by those in power. Because there was pushback that it was rushed out and an exp[erimental vaccine and ALL studies showed that those affected by COVID were elderly, morbidly obese, had heart conditions or one or more major health issues, those in power and at Pfizer panicked and got together with those they donate heavily to, mainly Democrats and said something like "Look, we have to do something. We can't let people post things like "Covid affects mainly the elderly and the sick. We have to make it seem like it affects everyone the same" and so they locked down schools, restaurants, and everything to put p[people in fear.

Perhaps people can see with the person you responded to why I am growing weary of the Libs of DP. Without evidence he asserts that conservatives died at a higher rate because they refused to get vaccinated. They just make these assertions and claims as if they are a matter of fact and then we have to waste our time in responding to such idiotic juvenile assertions.

The vaccine was touted as akin to the ones for polio and measles by those in power. Because there was pushback that it was rushed out and an exp[erimental vaccine and ALL studies showed that those affected by COVID were elderly, morbidly obese, had heart conditions or one or more major health issues, those in power and at Pfizer panicked and got together with those they donate heavily to, mainly Democrats and said something like "Look, we have to do something. We can't let people post things like "Covid affects mainly the elderly and the sick. We have to make it seem like it affects everyone the same" and so they locked down schools, restaurants, and everything to put p[people in fear.

The numbers back up the claims.

How does someone saying "It will be over soon" make a virus kill more people?

It's like saying the regular flu season is mild this year, having a hundred people die from the flu, and then blaming the guy who said "the regular flu season is mild this year"
Saying ..the flu is a hoax..kills people.
Saying BEFORE flu season is in full swing..
"The flu season will be mild this year."..could kill people if people who should have vaccinated don't.

There is a vast difference between PREDICTING that there will be a mild flu season..and possibly encouraging people to forego vaccination..

And reporting AFTER THE FACT.. that the flu season was mild.

You can see the difference right?.

biased sources IMO

everyone I know who had the shots also had covid - every single person and many have had covid multiple times fully shotted/boosted. Real life experience for me tell me very very different reality than a web site link does

don't get me wrong, if you want 50 shots/boosters, go for it. You still have the same chances of getting the virus as I do IMO

I know you believe that

I think you also believed shots would give you a low low chance of getting the virus and you could ditch the masks. That was wrong though. I think you believed that masks and social distancing and cleaning would help and after all that, 900,000 people died. You might have even supported putting covid positive people in nursing homes like Cuomo did or relasing prisoners because of covid .... I don't know what you believed and what you didn't

What we DO know looking back is there were lots of lies and misinformation spread - enough that everyone should be careful what they read
🙄
IMG_0591.gif

if you're curious google it - I didn't make any claims about any of that

a quick google says

Five influenza-associated pediatric deaths occurring during the 2023-2024 season were reported to CDC during Week 11, bringing the season total to 121 pediatric deaths. CDC estimates that there have been at least 30 million illnesses, 340,000 hospitalizations, and 21,000 deaths from flu so far this season.4 days ago

but what are you claiming? my point was all along the shot didn't save kids lives - they were never going o get covid bad and die anyway, 99.999% were never going to get covid bad anyway

and I think you see that and I think you also see this whole " we made kids get the shots and we saved their lives !! " is BS, and has been all along, and really anyone under 40 who had the shots you can pretty much NOT count in any study, they were very very high % chance of no dying from covid anyway

right ?
Fascinating..

Hey Doctor..

How about you show us your risk/ benefit analysis for vaccination vs covid infection for 18 and under.?.

You gave us tge rate of covid death for 18 and under.
Show us the death rate from vaccination.
For under 18..

And show us that there is a greater chance of death from covid vaccination..than covid infection.

Then..when done with that...give us your thoughts about pre existing conditions.

Explain how you KNOW for a CERTAINTY
That the 10 year old in your office now..
Won't develop asthma..won't develop cancer..won't develop juvenile diabetes ...etc.. when they are 11 or 12?

Explain why you wouldn't want to vaccinate tgat 10 year old NOW why they are healthy and will have the best possible immune reaction to the vaccine..

Rather you would wait until they have a pre existing condition and will mount a poor or weak response to the vaccine. One which has a lower chance of protecting them..?

Please explain doctor..

Back
Top Bottom