• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Just remembering how awful the US response to the pandemic was

It would have taken years had Trump not made funds available and removed the red tape allowing the vaccine to be approved in emergency situation.

Trump's name is not in the article, only in one footnote, in the title of a supporting news report,

The funds came from,

.,.History​

President Donald Trump formally announced Operation Warp Speed on May 15, 2020, in the White House Rose Garden.
On May 15, 2020, President Donald Trump officially announced the public-private partnership.[4][1][9] The purpose of Operation Warp Speed was to coordinate Health and Human Services-wide efforts, including the NIH ACTIV partnership for vaccine and therapeutic development, the NIH RADx initiative for diagnostic development, and work by BARDA.[1]

Goals​

According to the Department of Health and Human Services' fact sheet, the main stated goal of Operation Warp Speed was to "produce and deliver 300 million doses of safe and effective vaccines with the initial doses available by January 2021, as part of a broader strategy to accelerate the development, manufacturing, and distribution of COVID-19 vaccines, therapeutics, and diagnostics".[2]
In October 2020, Alex Azar, at that time the United States Secretary of Health and Human Services, predicted a hundred million available doses by the end of the year.[69] The Trump administration later reduced the goal to twenty million doses. As of January 6, 2021, the CDC was reporting 17,288,950 doses distributed, but only 5,306,797 actually administered to a person.[70] Of those, 3,416,875 were distributed and 511,635 administered through the Federal Pharmacy Partnership. General Gustave Perna said reporting delays cause the administration numbers to lag by 72 to 96 hours.[71] By January 31, 2021, when Operation Warp Speed was being transferred to the Biden Administration, 63.7 million doses had been delivered of a total of 200 million doses that Pfizer and Moderna were contracted to provide by the end of March 2021.[72]

The distribution effort was criticized for lack of coordination between federal and state governments,[73] and lack of timely federal funding for mass vaccination campaigns.[69] Other reasons cited included the Christmas holiday, employees declining to be vaccinated, a longer than typical time spent on paperwork or answering patient questions, the required observation time, and shortage of trained staff.[74].,."

Trump's administration certainly bungled the response to the pandemic. But it was going to be worse in the "**** you I won't do what you tell me" USA than most countries regardless of who was in charge.

It would have taken years had Trump not made funds available and removed the red tape allowing the vaccine to be approved in emergency situation.
That's not what you wrote. You wrote "we are ready in months with a vaccine not years like when covid happened."

Face the facts already. All Biden had to do was distribute the vaccine. Trump would have. Trump already took care of funding and procuring it. Biden can barely read a script let alone run a country. He clearly couldn't figure out how to distribute the vaccine. That is what happens when you have a puppet in charge instead of a leader.
Please explain why it's almost exclusively those that voted for Trump that to this day refuse to take the vaccine.

Face the facts already. All Biden had to do was distribute the vaccine. Trump would have. Trump already took care of funding and procuring it. Biden can barely read a script let alone run a country. He clearly couldn't figure out how to distribute the vaccine. That is what happens when you have a puppet in charge instead of a leader.
All Biden had to do was follow medical experts advice.

Trump on the other hand refused to follow medical experts advice and even belittled the medical experts publically.

Trump helped foster an environment that caused tens of thousands to die.

The there is no getting around this fact.

All Biden had to do was follow medical experts advice.

Trump on the other hand refused to follow medical experts advice and even belittled the medical experts publically.

Trump helped foster an environment that caused tens of thousands to die.

The there is no getting around this fact.
Trump was focused on the vaccine while Biden and Harris were focused on undermining the president by claiming they would not trust a vaccine if Trump had anything to do with it. It is the lies by the left that got people scared of the vaccine and not trusting the government. The left should have got behind Trump and his efforts to rush and procure a vaccine for the American people. It was the Left who stated a vaccine takes years to develop and it would take a miracle to have one in a year. Trump was not negative but positive that not only was it possible but he would do whatever it took to help get it done. He made money available, he procured 1.2 billion doses so no matter who developed it first the American people would have a vaccine. He removed any red tape slowing down delivery of the vaccine. It was the left politicizing causing fear and mistrust.

Trump was focused on the vaccine while Biden and Harris were focused on undermining the president by claiming they would not trust a vaccine if Trump had anything to do with it. It is the lies by the left that got people scared of the vaccine and not trusting the government. The left should have got behind Trump and his efforts to rush and procure a vaccine for the American people. It was the Left who stated a vaccine takes years to develop and it would take a miracle to have one in a year. Trump was not negative but positive that not only was it possible but he would do whatever it took to help get it done. He made money available, he procured 1.2 billion doses so no matter who developed it first the American people would have a vaccine. He removed any red tape slowing down delivery of the vaccine. It was the left politicizing causing fear and mistrust.
Yeah no.
Trump knew from our intelligence community that China had a new virus that was deadly and could be a pandemic that was in November of 2019.
He did nothing to prepare.
In fact he downplayed the virus for months.
He didn't coordinate any coherent policy with the cdc..homeland security or the tsa when it came to closing the us airports.
In fact they were caught off guard by his tweeting about closing us from foreign travel. Causing thousands of Americans abroad to flee home and disburse before being tested or quarantined..guaranteeing the spread of the disease throughout America.
He downplayed testing telling his supporters " I told them to stop testing".

He held giant rallies with no masking.
He told people covid was no big deal..

He had states fighting each other for ppe..ventilators and other supplies..

Complete lack of coordination.

He is a major reason Trump supporters are among the largest unvaxxed groups.

What did he do? He authorized money for a vaccine..months late.

That's it.

His response literally caused thousands of unnecessary deaths.

By the way. I am a republican...live in a red state and am a doctor.
I lived his utter incompetence.

This is the kind of shite Jefferson davis used to pull.

At his rallies masks were available but Trump allowed people the freedom to choose.
Trump wanted to secure our borders but the democrats wanted open borders.
Trump wanted to stop all people from China coming to this country. He was called a racist for it by the democrats. Plus the virus had spread to the rest of the world because only China could have contained the virus. China took no steps to isolate the spread of the virus from day 1. China let the virus spread to the rest of the world so they would not be isolated. Stopping it from spreading to America was impossible without our ability to secure our borders.
I could go on debunking your lefty lies but I don't have to educate you.

At his rallies masks were available but Trump allowed people the freedom to choose.
Trump wanted to stop all people from China coming to this country. He was called a racist for it by the democrats. Plus the virus had spread to the rest of the world because only China could have contained the virus. China took no steps to isolate the spread of the virus from day 1. China let the virus spread to the rest of the world so they would not be isolated. Stopping it from spreading to America was impossible without our ability to secure our borders.

You misspelled "Freedom to Infect".

You mean he chose to allow irresponsible people to infect others. And they did!
See Cain,Herman

You must be confused on the meaning of the word ‘open’.
He halted Chinese from coming here directly (5thry, of course, could fly from a different country) , but US citizens with COVID were free to come, and go back to China, and come back again. That’s not ‘securing borders’, it’s letting idiots think he’s ’securing’ the border.

And amazingly, some people never caught on to this fact.

You mean he chose to allow irresponsible people to infect others. And they did!
Nobody is wearing a mask now and COVID is still with us. The people who went knew the risk. I knew the risk when I worked the polls before the vaccine. I knew the risk when I joined the army. I know the risk when I get in a car. I don't live in fear. Neither do the people who went to those rallies. I got COVID working the polls and I was fine. Just a bad cold. Hell my mom got it working the polls in her 80's and she had the same thing to say about it. When her grand son came to visit she gave him a big hug. He said grandma are you afraid of COVID. She said I am afraid of living in a world where I can't hug the people I love.

You must be confused on the meaning of the word ‘open’.
The millions of people walking into this country illegally are proof of the failed border security and open borders.
He halted Chinese from coming here directly (5thry, of course, could fly from a different country) , but US citizens with COVID were free to come, and go back to China, and come back again. That’s not ‘securing borders’, it’s letting idiots think he’s ’securing’ the border.
No Trump allowed American citizens to come back to their country where they could have access to the medical treatment they needed. Unlike the illegals still entering our country by the millions without proper vaccination spreading disease everywhere they go. We don't even know who they are or if they are even wanted criminals. The democrats clearly have no concern for the danger some of these people pose.

It was pretty awful. People were just flopping in the street and bursting into flame. Every other country in the world had something like zero deaths and the US death toll was in the billions. You could tell how many people were dying because it was pretty much the only thing on the news for nearly 2 years.

Compare Trump's Amerika to other countries......such as Canada.

Yeah, its easy NOW to lie and smear, but at the time you people were hiding bodies!

Your medical workers were leaving in droves refusing to be unduly exposed...I know because hundreds came here and have stayed!

You will try to rewrite history its what liars do, but one only need read the list of the names of he dead.......a month's reading at least.

Americans should be ashamed of the response. You let the elderly and infirm die alone in their beds and didn't care.

Nobody is wearing a mask now and COVID is still with us. The people who went knew the risk. I knew the risk when I worked the polls before the vaccine. I knew the risk when I joined the army. I know the risk when I get in a car. I don't live in fear. Neither do the people who went to those rallies. I got COVID working the polls and I was fine. Just a bad cold. Hell my mom got it working the polls in her 80's and she had the same thing to say about it. When her grand son came to visit she gave him a big hug. He said grandma are you afraid of COVID. She said I am afraid of living in a world where I can't hug the people I love.

The millions of people walking into this country illegally are proof of the failed border security and open borders.

No Trump allowed American citizens to come back to their country where they could have access to the medical treatment they needed. Unlike the illegals still entering our country by the millions without proper vaccination spreading disease everywhere they go. We don't even know who they are or if they are even wanted criminals. The democrats clearly have no concern for the danger some of these people pose.

Time to first lie....

"Nobody is wearing a mask now"

Knowing the risk and stupidly increasing the risk are different things.

I don’t live in fear of getting hit by a car when I cross the street, but I do look both ways. You seem to think not doing that is some kinda badge of honor.

It’s not.

No, they’re proof that this country is great and people want to come here and work because we now have full employment.
You seem very confused about Trumps China travel ban. US citizens could, and did, travel back and forth. Chinese citizens had to connect in another country. And the rubes thought it was great.

The administration's response was destructive. However, we should remember the people who actually responded and kept things going. A lot of people put in day after day of dangerous work to try to help.
You mean like the governor of New York that signed an executive order emptying hospitals of senior citizens and into ill prepared nursing homes?

You mean like the governor of New York that signed an executive order emptying hospitals of senior citizens and into ill prepared nursing homes?
I mean like the things that first responders, front line workers, and research scientists did while the orange asshole was inspiring people to get themselves killed.

I mean like the things that first responders, front line workers, and research scientists did while the orange asshole was inspiring people to get themselves killed.
Last time I checked the first public anti-vaxxers were Joe Biden and Kamela Harris.

That would be a lie.
No, it would be the truth. Biden (dementia) and Harris (cackles) both stated in the 2020 debates that they would refuse to get the vaccine if Trump recommended it.

No thanks. You vote for mango, I'll vote against him, and we'll skip the rest.
Then I'll take that as an admission that you cannot prove that Biden and Harris did not make anti-vaxx statements in the 2020 debates.

Back
Top Bottom