• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Jury awards $14M to George Floyd protesters in Denver

Would you support shooting one of the nonviolent Denver protestors in the head and calling the guy who did it a hero?

How was Ashli Babbitt, non-violent? Or, is breaking through barricades and trespassing, somehow "non-violent" in your world?

You think the local news channel was lying?

Again, you have showed that there were violent protests. That's not something I dispute. I'm asking you to prove that the particular protestors who sued, were at a riot or a violent protest.

How was Ashli Babbitt, non-violent? Or, is breaking through barricades and trespassing, somehow "non-violent" in your world?
Climbing onto a windowsill is nonviolent, yes.

Climbing onto a windowsill is nonviolent, yes.

Breaking through a barricade, after willfully trespassing is certainly riotous or mob behavior. It's sad how some are so polarized that the rule of law means nothing. It's their side is right, facts be damned.

Again, you have showed that there were violent protests. That's not something I dispute. I'm asking you to prove that the particular protestors who sued, were at a riot or a violent protest.
I posted what went on at the riot they were in.

I wonder how much the 1/6 protesters are gonna get
With “general unrest” being the only connection between the two, nothing.

If both were doing the same thing then why is one group getting paid $14m in Denver and $13m in Austin while the other group is looking at charges of treason?
"cause they weren't doing the same thing.

Breaking through a barricade, after willfully trespassing is certainly riotous or mob behavior. It's sad how some are so polarized that the rule of law means nothing. It's their side is right, facts be damned.
So is crossing a barricade after willfully ignoring curfew.

The still of the video in the article is from the riot in question. I click on it and have to endure a thirty second commercial. Okay, poor people problems. I can handle it. So the news video finally begins, and the clip is from coverage of the Ukraine War.

Solution: summary execution of everybody who creates news websites.

So is crossing a barricade after willfully ignoring curfew.

First, then you admit that Ashli Babbitt was acting violently with her actions on Jan. 6th. Good.

Second, IF people did that, then yes, their actions would be illegal. The police officer in the Ashli Babbitt case was trying to protect people from a violent mob that had assaulted police officers, destroyed public property and trespassed in order to disrupt a valid governmental function. Did the immanent threat of violence to the staffers and legislators down that hall require an officer to discharge his weapon? I'd say, "yes". Was there an immanent threat of violence that the police were protecting against with regard to the George Floyd riots such that required them to shoot people in the head? Doubt it.

Third, you haven't shown that the protestors who sued in this case, crossed a barricade after willfully ignoring curfew. So I'm not sure what your point is.

Would you support charging EVERYONE who went to the capitol on 6th, even those who were not violent?
They should be charged if they violated the law, even if only trespassing.
Were the Denver protesters trespassing?

What do you mean by "both were doing the same thing". Are the protesters, who never entered the Capital grounds or cross any barricades on Jan 6th, being charged with treason? Were they shot with pepper balls, tear gassed, etc?
Are you shitting me? Weren't you one of the ones cheering when that one guy got charged with sedition?

"cause they weren't doing the same thing.
Vandalism is vandalism whether you're a Trump supporter or an "I Hate America!" supporter. In fact, the latter group also added arson, looting and creating their own nation into the mix but, things being as they are, those folks are American heroes to you guys.

They were part of a violent mob and the police were the last line of defense.
No, the only violent mob I've seen failed to turn over our democracy on 1/6.

You're still upset about that, aren't you?

Are you shitting me? Weren't you one of the ones cheering when that one guy got charged with sedition?

You aren't understanding me. Most of the Jan 6th crowd, never entered the Capital grounds. Were those protestors, who never acted illegally, shot, tear gassed, charged with anything, etc?

How were protestors who didn't break the law or act violently in any way in the George Floyd protests, any different from the Jan 6th protestors who also didn't do anything wrong?

Vandalism is vandalism whether you're a Trump supporter or an "I Hate America!" supporter. In fact, the latter group also added arson, looting and creating their own nation into the mix but, things being as they are, those folks are American heroes to you guys.

There are specific federal laws for crimes on the capitol grounds. It’s idiotic to call it vandalism. Fortunately for us, the federal prosecutors charging those assholes are not as ignorant of the law.

You aren't understanding me. Most of the Jan 6th crowd, never entered the Capital grounds. Were those protestors, who never acted illegally, shot, tear gassed, charged with anything, etc?

How were protestors who didn't break the law or act violently in any way in the George Floyd protests, any different from the Jan 6th protestors who also didn't do anything wrong?
Those who never entered the Capital grounds are not charged with crimes.

And they got shot with non-lethal projectiles, that sometimes get used at riots.
How would they then be able to sue for damages because if they hadn't attended a riot, they would not have been in harms way.
The jury awarded them the money because it was demonstrated the cops used excesive force. Someone at a protest that turns into a riot doesn't deserve to get shot.

In my town, when a Police Officer removes a dangerous violent criminal from the streets, we give the guy a medal and a promotion SoCal.
We dont throw the Officer in prison and paint murals of the deceased with li'l angel wings and a halo....LMAO, good ****ing god that actually happened, so unbelievable...
Floyd's prior record is irrelevant and the police weren't aware of his record before they murdered him. It's the job of the police in every town to remove dangerous criminals, if they all received medals and promotions for every arrest we'd have a nation of police captains. Thankfully only some small towns run by people like you and good'ol boy racist Trump suckups would paint murals of cops who commit murder.

If you're ever summoned to serve on a jury to judge the guilt or innocence of a policemen who's charged with committing murder of a black man, I hope you have enough courage, backbone and scruples to recuse yourself because of your racism. Personally I doubt it and rather would relish the thought of doing more for your cause than just posting on Debate Politics...

Floyd's prior record is irrelevant and the police weren't aware of his record before they murdered him. It's the job of the police in every town to remove dangerous criminals, if they all received medals and promotions for every arrest we'd have a nation of police captains. Thankfully only some small towns run by people like you and good'ol boy racist Trump suckups would paint murals of cops who commit murder.

If you're ever summoned to serve on a jury to judge the guilt or innocence of a policemen who's charged with committing murder of a black man, I hope you have enough courage, backbone and scruples to recuse yourself because of your racism. Personally I doubt it and rather would relish the thought of doing more for your cause than just posting on Debate Politics...

Oh I hope that I am called for jury duty in a thug v cop case like Kim Potter for instance.

You can bet I wont be prejudiced out of a desire to be "woke", or out of wanting to make up for "slavery". I can guarantee you that. Yessir, common sense isnt so common anymore.

Back
Top Bottom