• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Judge rejects Elon Musk's bid to end 2018 settlement with SEC

still, not the easiest businesses to make money. and yes, he gets subsidies... you know why? his businesses help humanity as a whole.

the man is a visionary, and a liberal that I actually admire, and progressive types hate him because he isn;'t afraid to speak up and say your antics are wrong.

if that doesn;t spark a WHOLE lot of introspection about which side of the twitter and free speech issue you should come down on, it should.

View attachment 67388056
Strangely enough you get exactly the same "shift from center" if you have the "conservative" moving "right" and both the "me" and the "my fellow liberal" standing still.

PS - If you put the "left - center - right" line onto the global spectrum what you get is MUCH more like

MUSKS PROGRESS.JPG

than it is in Mr. Musk's graphic.

50 billion for advertising? That still doesn't connect the dots to be some ulterior motive.

To me, it was a business decision. One in which he plans on making money doing.

Ditto!

still, not the easiest businesses to make money. and yes, he gets subsidies... you know why? his businesses help humanity as a whole.

the man is a visionary, and a liberal that I actually admire, and progressive types hate him because he isn;'t afraid to speak up and say your antics are wrong.

if that doesn;t spark a WHOLE lot of introspection about which side of the twitter and free speech issue you should come down on, it should.

View attachment 67388056
That is a great graphic that explains the current situation. There are a lot of people - including many Democrat leaders prior to 2008, that would find themselves in the position of the 'me' figure.

Layered on top of this is that it's not one dimensional. For example, when there were fiscally moderate to conservative Democrats it was a lot easier for them to work with socially moderate Republicans on issues of 'how can we meet in the middle on social spending without breaking the bank. With the "progressive" polarization on 'spend money on these programs - we don't care what it costs' - it's difficult to even have a conversation. Layering in - extreme positions on things like free speech and civil liberties makes it even more difficult.

Back
Top Bottom