• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

John Kerry Was For Assad Before He Was Against Him

Wehrwolfen

Banned
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Editorial
September 3, 2013

Syria: A commander in chief who ignored the first 100,000 deaths in Syria sends his secretary of state to defend the urgency of a delayed attack with unneeded congressional approval against a "Hitler" Kerry dined with.

Then-Sen. Kerry must have been one of the people then-Secretary of State Hillary Clinton had in mind when, on CBS' "Face The Nation" in 2011, she said, without disputing the assessment:

"Many of the members of Congress of both parties who have gone to Syria in recent months have said they believe he (dictator Bashar Assad) is a reformer."

Certainly Kerry shared that assessment, speaking with high praise of Assad at the Carnegie Endowment for International Peace in 2011.

"So my judgment is that Syria will move," he said. "Syria will change as it embraces a legitimate relationship with the United States and the West, and economic opportunity that comes with it and the participation that comes with it."

Kerry praised Assad later in 2011 as being a "very generous" man.

While he was still a senator, now-Secretary of State Kerry casually dined with Assad in 2009, probably asking the son of his equally murderous predecessor, Hafez Assad, to pass the salt.

For his part, Assad said in 2010, "I trust Sen. Kerry, and I think he's genuine . . . I met him five times."

In February 2009, Kerry led a delegation to engage Syria. Agence France-Presse followed up with a report after the visit stating Kerry believes "Syria is an essential player in bringing peace and stability to the region."

(Excerpt)

Read more:
John Kerry Once Dined With Assad, The Man He Now Calls 'Hitler' - Investors.com

kerry-and-assad.jpg

2006 visit with Assad in Syria.​

and then there was Nancy Pelosi and Assad their 2007 date:
assad-and-pelosi.jpg

They were for Assad and against Bush then, now they are against Assad. Frenemies.

Rumsfeld was for Saddam before he was against him.

main_saddam-09f4b02c80793c362fb107213289386a9b806799-s6-c30.jpg

Back
Top Bottom