• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

John Bolton fails to appear before Trump impeachment inquiry - live

John Bolton fails to appear before Trump impeachment inquiry – live | US news | The Guardian

Former national security adviser reportedly objected to mixing US national security priorities in Ukraine with Trump’s political concerns – follow live

Live feed

Didn't Bolton say he would appear if he was subpoenaed by congress? Why did the house withdraw their subpoena? Very strange situation - it's as if Bolton's testimony would be harmful to the congressional investigation, the trump administration, and Bolton himself.

Very strange!

Last edited:
Not sure courts are going to be super comfortable with the idea that a president has unilateral authority to hide any and all evidence that might implicate him in a crime... but stranger things have happened.

Yeah, I wouldn't think so either.

To defend Trump vs "sham" impeachment :lol:

If anything, Bolton has an ax to grind vs Trump. He's not showing up because he knows it is purely a partisan witch hunt.

In my opinion, prolonged fights with Trump admin officials serve the interest of the WH.. SINCE the evidence is already in.

I would just add him as a footnote along with the other law breakers.

I think that's kind of the plan, isn't it? The Democrats don't plan to litigate every individual unfulfilled subpoena. They're just going to get as much as they can and then chalk everything else up to obstruction of justice, which is enough to impeach all by itself.

This is what stands out for me. If Trump honestly thinks this was a perfect call and he's done nothing wrong then quit this crap of telling people not to testify.

Now I realize it was Bolton's choice to appear or not since he's another one Trump tossed in the trash heap of "only the best people", but the potus should be chomping at the bit for "his" people (that heard the call) to get in there and defend his actions.

Tell Nancy to ACTUALLY HAVE THE VOTE....and then i will agree that he needs his people to testify

But as long as this is being done in committee rooms and not on the floor of congress and in front of LIVE TV broadcasts that the american people can watch along, then go pound sand....as the President said....

Tell Nancy to ACTUALLY HAVE THE VOTE....and then i will agree that he needs his people to testify

But as long as this is being done in committee rooms and not on the floor of congress and in front of LIVE TV broadcasts that the american people can watch along, then go pound sand....as the President said....

Are you being sarcastic or serious? Sorry, it's hard to tell. The House can't impeach a president without an investigation. The WH has to cooperate with that investigation. The vote last week was to move the process to the public. All of this is pretty basic, which is why I can't tell if you're being serious or not.

Ummm the rule of law???

Odd that a known anti-Trumper and a proponent of another Democrooked political witch hunt would preach about "the rule of law."

I'd really like to know what legal arguments are being presented to support the idea that subpoenas are ****in optional.

Exactly any of us would have an arrest warrant immediately filed...

In my opinion, prolonged fights with Trump admin officials serve the interest of the WH.. SINCE the evidence is already in.

I would just add him as a footnote along with the other law breakers.

Yip the longer they can delay trumps removal the better off they are.

Still have not learned that investigations are not done in public I see...

It's really not that hard to understand...

The live broadcasts begin next week, at which point I assume you'll be fully supportive of the impeachment hearings.

Odd that a known anti-Trumper and a proponent of another Democrooked political witch hunt would preach about "the rule of law."

Odd that a cultist would have even a elementary understanding of the definition of the rule of law...

what ....you are surprised?

i have been saying for weeks that the "willing" witnesses were drying up like the mojave desert

have Nancy send the sergent at arms to arrest him.....

:lamo :roll:

Trump is now reduced to ordering people not to appear.

He has no legal right to do so.

Nixon tried it.

He failed.

The last I remember it was a voluntary request, which he can deny. If they issue him a subpoena I'm sure his attorney (Cooper) will likely launch a lawsuit since he is the same attorney representing Kupperman, and there's already a lawsuit to determine if Kupperman has to obey that subpoena.

Yes,

It’s basically the same issue as in the Nixon impeachment.

Nixon lost.

And shortly thereafter, the phrase “expletive deleted” entered the lexicon!

Back
Top Bottom