• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Joey Chestnut sets new record

TU Curmudgeon

B.A. (Sarc), LLb. (Lex Sarcasus), PhD (Sarc.)
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Centrist
From Associated Press

NEW YORK (AP) — Chowdown champ Joey “Jaws” Chestnut broke his own record to gulp to a 14th win in the men’s Nathan’s Famous Hot Dog Eating Contest on Sunday, while Michelle Lesco took the women’s title.

Chestnut downed 76 franks and buns in 10 minutes. That’s one more than he did in setting the men’s record last year, when the contest unfolded without fans because of the coronavirus pandemic.

“It just felt good,” Chestnut, of Westfield, Indiana, said in an ESPN interview after his win Sunday. “Even if I was uncomfortable, having everybody cheer me and push me, it made me feel good.”

Lesco, of Tucson, Arizona, downed 30 ¾ dogs in 10 minutes and called her win “an amazing feeling.”

Reigning women’s champ and record-holder Miki Sudo skipped this year because she’s expecting a baby in a few weeks with fellow competitive eater ...

COMMENT:-

The caloric content of the hotdogs that Mr. Chestnut consumed in 10 minutes was roughly equivalent to the (world wide) average daily caloric intake (2,780 kCal) for 26.25 people or the (central African) average daily caloric intake (1,820 kCal) for ~40 people. In short, in 10 minutes, Mr. Chestnut consumed enough food to feed one person for a month (and most of which, I suspect, he vomited up soon afterwards).

Don't you think that the US should be trumpeting the fact that it is so rich that it can afford to have contests like this and to have people who describe themselves as "competitive eaters"?​

Chestnut looks like a science teacher, but eats like a football team. A total miracle within science. Beats walking on water.

The Wu-Tang Clan needs to make him an affiliate on principle alone. Dude is master of the iron gut and should be embalmed and publicly displayed.

Absolute unit.

there is a presidential medal of freedom in his future

One of the better July 4th tradition. Not something I would plan a trip around but would watch live if I was in the area.

Guinness Book of World Records stopped listing food eating records several years ago because it is a dangerous and irresponsible activity. They did not want to be a part of promoting it.

Guinness Book of World Records stopped listing food eating records several years ago because it is a dangerous and irresponsible activity. They did not want to be a part of promoting it.
then that puts a significant chink in our American exceptionalism

Back
Top Bottom