• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Joe Biden Doubles Down on Claims His Uncle Was Eaten by Cannibals

Um I read the link and it certainly says that they were told Rockefeller was killed by cannibals

The quote you were responding to said this: "Years later, Michael Rockefeller joined 2nd Lt. Ambrose J. Finnegan Jr. and they spent their lives deep in the New Guinea highlands enjoying the local culture and experiencing a unique dining tradition. They did not want to be found."

That was not in the link. So yes, I did read it, but you didn't cross check it for yourself.

Regardless, I never denied that cannibals existed there. Just that it's ludicrous to jump to the conclusion that cannibals are to blame for Biden's uncle's body never being found when his plane crashed into the ocean and he was reported to have not made it out of the plane in the official record.

Big Guy's funny.

The quote you were responding to said this: "Years later, Michael Rockefeller joined 2nd Lt. Ambrose J. Finnegan Jr. and they spent their lives deep in the New Guinea highlands enjoying the local culture and experiencing a unique dining tradition. They did not want to be found."

That was not in the link. So yes, I did read it, but you didn't cross check it for yourself.

Regardless, I never denied that cannibals existed there. Just that it's ludicrous to jump to the conclusion that cannibals are to blame for Biden's uncle's body never being found when his plane crashed into the ocean and he was reported to have not made it out of the plane in the official record.
This is the link I’m referring to

Rockefeller disappeared during an expedition in the Asmat region of southwestern Dutch New Guinea, which is now a part of the Indonesian province of South Papua. In 2014, Carl Hoffman published a book that included details from the official inquest into the disappearance, in which villagers and tribal elders admitted to Rockefeller being killed after swimming to shore in 1961.[1] No remains of Rockefeller or physical proof of his death have been discovered.

I think he's fun.

And he doesn't engender insurrections. Which is a bonus.
There was no insurrection. It's not fun when the President of the United States is the joke. Our foes smell weakness. Read the news lately?

Biden hasn't begun to approach the former guy's tens of thousands of lies (during 4 years as POTUS/CinC).

Nor has Biden fomented an armed uprising aimed at overturning the results of a Presidential election.
Never said differently, but that does NOT negate Biden’s many lies.

keep going Joe.... keep opening your mouth ..... the more you do, the more votes Trump gets !

next week he'll say he was raised by Puerto Rican's and his son died in Iraq

This is the link I’m referring to

Rockefeller disappeared during an expedition in the Asmat region of southwestern Dutch New Guinea, which is now a part of the Indonesian province of South Papua. In 2014, Carl Hoffman published a book that included details from the official inquest into the disappearance, in which villagers and tribal elders admitted to Rockefeller being killed after swimming to shore in 1961.[1] No remains of Rockefeller or physical proof of his death have been discovered.

Well, you responded directly to this post, which you took literally even though crazyyank was obviously making a smartass remark:

Years later, Michael Rockefeller joined 2nd Lt. Ambrose J. Finnegan Jr. and they spent their lives deep in the New Guinea highlands enjoying the local culture and experiencing a unique dining tradition. They did not want to be found.

Michael Rockefeller on Wikipedia

And then said this:

They won’t read it

Which clearly indicates that it was you, not me, who was guilty of not reading it, because I check sources and cross-check claims made by others before posting.

Besides, the Rockefeller case has nothing to do with Biden's uncle or anything I've said because A) I never denied that cannibals existed there (you're conflating what someone else has said with what I've said if this is your premise), B) Rockefeller and Finnegan were not traveling together, so one case has nothing to do with the other, C) Rockefeller went on land, whereas Finnegan was witnessed to have not escaped the plane that crashed and sunk or got washed out into the open ocean by the next day when S&R couldn't locate it.

There's no evidence that anyone on Finnegan's S&R mission needed to land but was unable to do so because of cannibals. There's no mention of that at all, because it wasn't a factor. They flew over, covered an entire area, couldn't locate any wreckage whatsoever, and the S&R mission was aborted due to lack of findings. As a result, Finnegan and the other two people on the plane were considered lost at sea. Not lost on land, not presumed to have survived the crash and swam ashore, and certainly not accosted by cannibals in any way. Lost at sea. It's in writing, and it's been fact-checked multiple times.

Well, you responded directly to this post, which you took literally even though crazyyank was obviously making a smartass remark:

And then said this:

Which clearly indicates that it was you, not me, who was guilty of not reading it, because I check sources and cross-check claims made by others before posting.

Besides, the Rockefeller case has nothing to do with Biden's uncle or anything I've said because A) I never denied that cannibals existed there (you're conflating what someone else has said with what I've said if this is your premise), B) Rockefeller and Finnegan were not traveling together, so one case has nothing to do with the other, C) Rockefeller went on land, whereas Finnegan was witnessed to have not escaped the plane that crashed and sunk or got washed out into the open ocean by the next day when S&R couldn't locate it.

There's no evidence that anyone on Finnegan's S&R mission needed to land but was unable to do so because of cannibals. There's no mention of that at all, because it wasn't a factor. They flew over, covered an entire area, couldn't locate any wreckage whatsoever, and the S&R mission was aborted due to lack of findings. As a result, Finnegan and the other two people on the plane were considered lost at sea. Not lost on land, not presumed to have survived the crash and swam ashore, and certainly not accosted by cannibals in any way. Lost at sea. It's in writing, and it's been fact-checked multiple times.
I confirm that I made a smart ass remark. The story on Rockefeller does confirm the possibility that cannibalism may be practiced there fairly recently.

And then said this:

No, I asked you if you had read the link about Rockefeller and you said you did. I think you need to learn how to read what is actually written instead of twisting it to what you want. Just like you did with Biden’s comment you twisted it do you could pretend it was a lie

There was no insurrection. It's not fun when the President of the United States is the joke. Our foes smell weakness. Read the news lately?
There clearly was an insurrection. Your denial of facts doesn’t change that. Some believe 9/11 never happened, but facts are it did occur

No, I asked you if you had read the link about Rockefeller and you said you did.

And you asked that without referencing anything other than the smartass quote that I cited above. You made no reference to why you wanted me to check the link. So I eventually asked "what part should I read?" and you finally let the rest of us in on what you thought was so relevant at the link. Go back and look....it's not that complicated.

And you also quoted this post from me:

Here's a hint. I said that it was a stupid thing to assume regardless of whether one was to read into the innuendo or not.

Especially given that the plane is confirmed to have gone down into the ocean in shark-infested waters and there was a survivor who was the source of the military's information 😂

This is how silly people are. A guy actually goes down with the plane and lives to tell the story, tells the military what happened (along with whatever radar tracking and radioed information the military may have had at the time), and Joe Biden comes along 80 years later and randomly makes up that his uncle's body wasn't found because there were cannibals nearby.....and along come Biden fans to say, "Duh duh duh.....BUT IT COULDA HAPPENED!!! YOU CAN'T PROVE IT DIDN'T!!!!"

It's beyond ****ing silly.

and said I should've read the Rockefeller link, as if there was something in that Rockefeller link that negates what I said in this quote (there isn't, because no assertions of fact in my post are incorrect).

I think you need to learn how to read what is actually written instead of twisting it to what you want. Just like you did with Biden’s comment you twisted it do you could pretend it was a lie

I think you need to clarify your positions more clearly instead of jumping all over the damn place.

I get it. You didn't do your research before you started posting on the topic, and then you got disproven on multiple points about the basic facts of the plane crash that are on the record and were witnessed by the only survivor. Instead of all this constant and desperate goalpost switching you're doing, perhaps you should give up on the silly bullshit argument that "CANNIBALS COULDA HAD SOMETHING TO DO WITH IT!!!!!" and instead go read the official record so you can be factually-informed. Your conspiracy theory nonsense and desperate, flailing efforts to somehow tie the case of a plane crash into the ocean with the ALLEGED possibility that another person got eaten by cannibals is nothing but an elaborate effort to save face because you came into this discussion grossly underprepared. Do better and don't dig your heels in when it's clear that you're wrong. ****, even CNN is calling Biden out for being wrong on this...

Facts First: Biden’s claim differs from the account provided by the Defense Department, as CNN’s Donald Judd reported Wednesday. The Defense POW/MIA Accounting Agency’s page on Finnegan says this about the 1944 incident: “For unknown reasons, this plane was forced to ditch in the ocean off the north coast of New Guinea. Both engines failed at low altitude, and the aircraft’s nose hit the water hard. Three men failed to emerge from the sinking wreck and were lost in the crash.” This official account, which notes that an additional crew member survived the crash, makes no mention of the plane being shot down or of possible cannibalism; while Biden said the crash happened “in” New Guinea, where there was indeed some cannibalism at the time, the official account notes the men went down in the nearby ocean.

I confirm that I made a smart ass remark. The story on Rockefeller does confirm the possibility that cannibalism may be practiced there fairly recently.

It was subtle but very well done 👏😂

He’s telling you the cannibalism story is true

Even if he was, which he's not....what does that have to do with anything I've said?

I know, just as you do, that this random ass sidebar has ****-all to do with Finnegan's plane crash into the ocean that we know from the official record resulted in the plane sinking with him inside, with no mention of cannibals.

If you want to have a discussion about a completely different topic that nobody was discussing here, go start another thread about it. It literally has nothing to do with Finnegan's story at all. Not one bit.

And, as I already linked to within this thread, Joe Biden has been repeatedly fact-checked on this claim and proven that it's absolutely incorrect.

Do you have information that the military, CNN, Snopes, and a multitude of other entities doesn't have? If so, provide it. If not, stop with the weird ramble-posting about unrelated shit.

He’s telling you the cannibalism story is true
No I am not. I am saying cannibalism may have existed but not that it did happen.

I have to admit that I wrapped my message in a vaguer joke. I am sorry to have created so much controversy. Currently, I am having to apologize about a joke I made in the Covid-19 discussion section. My conclusion is that I need to be more careful in applying what I thought are jokes in the future.

As you can see from my statistics, I have not made a lot of comments in my years as a member. I have more time now and decided to participate more. That may not be a good thing.

No I am not. I am saying cannibalism may have existed but not that it did happen.

I have to admit that I wrapped my message in a vaguer joke. I am sorry to have created so much controversy. Currently, I am having to apologize about a joke I made in the Covid-19 discussion section. My conclusion is that I need to be more careful in applying what I thought are jokes in the future.

As you can see from my statistics, I have not made a lot of comments in my years as a member. I have more time now and decided to participate more. That may not be a good thing.

Never apologize for comic relief! Anyone who gets offended by tongue-in-cheek humor is definitely taking life way too seriously :cool:

the cannibalism story about Rockefeller, not about Biden's uncle....Biden's uncle may or may not have been a victim of cannibals...that we don't know...nor does anyone else

the cannibalism story about Rockefeller, not about Biden's uncle....Biden's uncle may or may not have been a victim of cannibals...that we don't know...nor does anyone else

The official record is this, and there was a survivor and possibly other witnesses in a passing barge whose crew rescued the survivor from the ocean.

On May 14, 1944, an A-20 havoc (serial number 42-86768), with a crew of three and one passenger, departed Momote Airfield, Los Negros Island, for a courier flight to Nadzab Airfield, New Guinea. For unknown reasons, this plane was forced to ditch in the ocean off the north coast of New Guinea. Both engines failed at low altitude, and the aircraft's nose hit the water hard. Three men failed to emerge from the sinking wreck and were lost in the crash. One crew member survived and was rescued by a passing barge. An aerial search the next day found no trace of the missing aircraft or the lost crew members. Second Lieutenant Ambrose J. Finnegan entered the U.S. Army Air Forces from Pennsylvania and served in Headquarters, Fifth Air Force. He was the passenger on this Havoc when it was lost. He has not been associated with any remains recovered from the area after the war and is still unaccounted-for. Today, Second Lieutenant Finnegan is memorialized on the Walls of the Missing at the Manila American Cemetery in the Philippines. Based on all information available, DPAA assessed the individual's case to be in the analytical category of Non-recoverable.

No mention of cannibalism, and the record, most definitely gathered by the survivor's account, was that Finnegan went down with the plane in the Pacific Ocean. Given that the plane's "nose hit the water hard," it's presumed that his body was lost at sea, which is usually the case in plane crashes into the ocean.

So, if your logic is that something "may or may not have" happened based on zero evidence supporting such a theory, there are a theoretically infinite number of possiblities.

However, if you're being evidence-based and rational, the most likely scenario here, as the official record and witness-accounts indicate, Finnegan never made it out of the plane that quickly sank to the bottom of rough, deep, and shark-invested waters.

Q Why is President Biden saying that his Uncle Bosie was eaten by cannibals? MS. JEAN-PIERRE: So, you know, I th- — I th- — I answered this question yesterday. I believe I’ve seen some clips on your — on your network about me answering this question. I don’t have much to say beyond what I said to some of your colleagues. Look, I was there. I think you traveled with us, too, to Pennsylvania. I’m not sure if you were there at the memorial in — in Scranton. The President had an emotional and, I think, a symbolic moment. He had an opportunity as president to honor his uncle’s service in uniform. He had an opportunity to be there, as president, to — to — you know, to speak to the bravery of his uncle — and not just his uncle but many U.S. service members that put their lives on the line on behalf of this country. So, his uncle who lost his life when the military aircraft he was on crashed in the Pacific after taking off near New Guinea, the Pres- — the President highlighted his uncle’s story as he made the case for honoring our sacred commitment to equip those we sta- — we send to war and take care of them and their families when they come home. And as he iterated, the last thing American veterans are or the last thing Americans are — should be called are “suckers” and “losers.” And — and that is — those types of words should not come from a commander-in-chief, as we have in the past, and we should actually be lifting up our American veterans and honoring them. And that’s what you saw from this president. Q And I agree Second Lieutenant Ambrose J. Finnegan was a war hero. But the Pentagon says, “For unknown reasons, the plane was forced to ditch in the ocean. Both engines failed at low altitude.” Why is President Biden saying he was shot down? There’s no evidence of that. And why is he saying that his uncle was eaten by cannibals? That is a bad way to go. (Laughter.) MS. JEAN-PIERRE: He lost his life. It’s not — look, I’m not — Q It’s —

"Muh Uncle Bosie got eaten by cannibals, ya see -- what, ya don't believe me, ya DOG FACED PONY SOLDIER?!?!?!"

This thread:

Shiny_Object2.jpg

We have one candidate who is a habitual liar, who has previously told us that windmill noise causes cancer and that he really won the 2020 election, both without evidence. The other candidate is generally faithful to the truth. Yet, the OP doesn't focus on the true violator of the truth.

Back
Top Bottom