• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Jim Carrey mocks Melania Trump in political artwork and is slammed as a bully and a sexist

I have to say that in this instance, Carrey was right. Melania Trump was without the worst first lady ever and saying so, cannot be used against him............unless of course, saying the truth is wrong.
Criticism--especially public criticism--should be sparing and constructive.

People like Mr. Carrey because he's a Hollywood funny man--a putatively good-natured soul who sees the lighter side of life. But the artwork and the message in the OP come across as just... spiteful. Mean-spirited. Pointless.

My $0.02, at any rate. I still like "The Truman Show" and "The Majestic".

She did a great job of covering up Bill's extramarital affairs.

She is defiantly a piece of shit. At least she was not a racist like Melania or Michelle my Bell.

Yes they are. You are just fooled by the dark foreboding look she was going for. In Slovenia the kids get coal in their stockings if they were good!
The latter hall dead-ends at a wall, while the former continues through to another room. Unless the photos are taken facing opposite directions, or Ms. Trump had the door removed to put in a solid wall, I fail to see how they can be the same hall.

Furthermore, if they're the same hall, why does the first one have archways and no windows, while the second one has windows and no archways? Why is the first hallway a good 6 feet wider than the second one?

Ms. Trump must have really gone to town with the demo crews.

She’s racist birther trash that Trump purchased, then used chain migration to bring her family in.
Remember, its "family reunification" when it comes to Melania's family and other wealthy people. It's only "chain migration" when the families are not wealthy. At least, that is how Trump sees it.

Jim Carrey has revealed his latest political artwork in which he mocked Melania Trump leading to mixed Twitter reactions.

Carrey tweeted an image of his piece on Inauguration day, which reads: "Oh... and goodbye worst first lady. I hope the settlement can finance your life in the shallow end. Thx for nothing."

Anyone familiar with Jim Carey's movies knows him to be an extreme homophobe, sexist and racist. It is 100% predictable that he will mock anyone with any foreign accent and anyone not born in the USA with English as their first language.

SNL used to be a comedy show. Now it's just partisan Racists, Sexists, Bigots and Hate-mongering losers R Us.

Apparently, to lock down the gig on SNL he decided he has to highlight his extreme bigotries to fit in. While a good actor, he is as pitiful a human as can exist - a true perpetual hate mongering racist, homophobic and bigot.

For the description of white male racist they could have a picture of Jim Carey as a living example.
Not funny, at all. Carey owes an apology.

Get back to me when someone starts declaring Melania was actually a man. Or all the other shit unleashed on Michele Obama. I'm gonna stick with my moral metric of who's tits have been on the internet. And I don't believe any recent First Ladies other than Melania have achieved that.
Two wrongs ...

Jim Carrey has revealed his latest political artwork in which he mocked Melania Trump leading to mixed Twitter reactions.

Carrey tweeted an image of his piece on Inauguration day, which reads: "Oh... and goodbye worst first lady. I hope the settlement can finance your life in the shallow end. Thx for nothing."

View attachment 67315169

Anyone familiar with Jim Carey's movies knows him to be an extreme homophobe, sexist and racist. It is 100% predictable that he will mock anyone with any foreign accent and anyone not born in the USA with English as their first language.

SNL used to be a comedy show. Now it's just partisan Racists, Sexists, Bigots and Hate-mongering losers R Us.

Apparently, to lock down the gig on SNL he decided he has to highlight his extreme bigotries to fit in. While a good actor, he is as pitiful a human as can exist - a true perpetual hate mongering racist, homophobic and bigot.

For the description of white male racist they could have a picture of Jim Carey as a living example.
Well if Republicans see him as a bully and a sexist, Jim might wanna get on the Republican ticket for president. Because Republicans LOVE those attributes in their President's.

Criticism--especially public criticism--should be sparing and constructive.

People like Mr. Carrey because he's a Hollywood funny man--a putatively good-natured soul who sees the lighter side of life. But the artwork and the message in the OP come across as just... spiteful. Mean-spirited. Pointless.

My $0.02, at any rate. I still like "The Truman Show" and "The Majestic".
Compared to what Trump's goons did to the Capitol and how they put our representatives at risk and the statement they made (which was certaily mean-spirited and pointless), what Carrey did was nothing. Hey, Trump set the guidelines and Carrey simply played by the rules but held back by doing just a painting.

What did you expect under these situations, that Carrey hold back and be respectful? Don't make me laugh. You slap me and the least you will get in response is a cussing. This was much less that that.

Much ado about nothing!

Carrey's girlfriend committed suicide, and he was sued over it because of the drugs and essentially, the life of debauchery he lured her into. She wrote a note about it. I'm surprised any network would touch him. Thanks!!
You forgot to include the facts and conclusion, or did you?

Lawsuit against Jim Carrey from ex-girlfriend's family dismissed

I have to say that in this instance, Carrey was right. Melania Trump was without the worst first lady ever and saying so, cannot be used against him............unless of course, saying the truth is wrong.

Of course as a Democrat you'd say that. English isn't her first language and she wasn't born in the USA.

In fact, she was the most elegant First Lady this country every had - or at least known to modern history. One of the worst was bitter, angry and self entitled Michelle Obama.

But go ahead, say what you claim makes her THE worst in US history other than not born in the USA and having a foreign accent?

She is defiantly a piece of shit. At least she was not a racist like Melania or Michelle my Bell.

Hate mongering messages really is your thing, isn't it?

Of course as a Democrat you'd say that. English isn't her first language and she wasn't born in the USA.

In fact, she was the most elegant First Lady this country every had - or at least known to modern history. One of the worst was bitter, angry and self entitled Michelle Obama.

But go ahead, say what you claim makes her THE worst in US history other than not born in the USA and having a foreign accent?
"Elegant" is the word for this? Hardly.

Melania-Trump-best-modelling-shots.jpg

I'm surprised SNL didn't ask OJ Simpson to host. Better qualified. Thanks!!

So just like the one you slam, Jim Carrey, you also find it appropriate to bully a First Lady.

You are just like him only you wrote it and didn't paint it. 👎

So just like the one you slam, Jim Carrey, you also find it appropriate to bully a First Lady.

You are just like him only you wrote it and didn't paint it. 👎

There are reasons to dislike Jim Carey. He had near total script and production control over his movies and skits. He routinely belittled and ridicules gays and transgender and bad stereotyping of people of color. His exs said he is abusive. He's not someone to throw rocks.

What did Melania do to earn such hatred? A foreign accent? Married a man that Democrats came to hate? Not born in the USA? She was a model who poised nude in the past? Unlike Hilary or Michelle, I can not recall Melania never attacking anyone. Can you?

Compared to ..., what Carrey did was nothing.
Tu quoque.

Pres. Trump's conduct by no means establishes any "guidelines", unless your argument is that he sets the standard for good and right conduct.

What did you expect under these situations, that Carrey hold back and be respectful?
Yes. It's the right and decent thing to do.

Don't make me laugh. You slap me and the least you will get in response is a cussing. This was much less that that.
I don't condone this attitude either.

Even if I did, when did Ms. Trump ever "slap" Mr. Carrey?

Tu quoque.

Pres. Trump's conduct by no means establishes any "guidelines", unless your argument is that he sets the standard for good and right conduct.

Yes. It's the right and decent thing to do.

I don't condone this attitude either.

Even if I did, when did Ms. Trump ever "slap" Mr. Carrey?

FYI, I have never been a fan of Jim Carrey, his humor nor his personality. Nonetheless, I am the first person who will stand and applaud anyone stating just how bad Trump, Melania, and his family were. I think they are despicable. Melania was the first person that should have stood up and stated that her husband was doing things to hurt people. She even had the gall to try to make a stand against bullies and yet her husband was the biggest bully of all. That was unforgivable of her.

This family is pure garbage from the top to the bottom

Trumpfamily.jpg

Thanks for making me aware of this important story.

Your victimhood is certainly well documented.

Get back to me when someone starts declaring Melania was actually a man. Or all the other shit unleashed on Michele Obama. I'm gonna stick with my moral metric of who's tits have been on the internet. And I don't believe any recent First Ladies other than Melania have achieved that.
Are you suggesting that women models are immoral?

FFS...you have a seated congresswoman celebrating actual sex trade workers. Granted...that person is a bit of a ****ing bubblehead...but still.

"Slammed as a bully and sexist"

Lemme guess. By Trumpists. They're upset at rightly being labeled racists and sexists when they do racist and sexist things, so they retaliate by calling things sexist and racist that aren't. The idea is supposed to be that people will observe them doing this and conclude that the terms are always misused, and thus stop listening when things are said to be sexist or racist.

(They swapped "bully" for "racist" for obvious reasons this time around . . . )

It's a lazy transparent schtick. They think they're being hilarious and clever. You see it over DP.

FYI, I have never been a fan of Jim Carrey, his humor nor his personality. Nonetheless, I am the first person who will stand and applaud anyone stating just how bad Trump, Melania, and his family were. I think they are despicable. Melania was the first person that should have stood up and stated that her husband was doing things to hurt people. She even had the gall to try to make a stand against bullies and yet her husband was the biggest bully of all. That was unforgivable of her.
I can understand the attitude where somebody argues, "Mr. Carrey shouldn't have done it, but it's a small offense, not worth fussing over." What I don't understand is taking it beyond this to "I condone Mr. Carrey's conduct. The woman he's insulting is not only undeserving of courtesy or respect, she rightly deserves to be publicly insulted--even if there's no good or constructive purpose for the insult."

This latter attitude is morally wrong, I'm sorry. The idea that we should condone malice--even as harmless as words and pictures--because our political enemy "deserves it", or because we see other people misbehaving and condoning misbehaviour, is not a good doctrine.

In any case, Mr. Carrey's rude drawing and message are unfortunate, not the end of the world. My props go out to the many Hollywood stars who may not have liked Ms. Trump, who may have wanted to say "good riddance" like Mr. Carrey, but who either wished her well or held their peace.

I can understand the attitude where somebody argues, "Mr. Carrey shouldn't have done it, but it's a small offense, not worth fussing over." What I don't understand is taking it beyond this to "I condone Mr. Carrey's conduct. The woman he's insulting is not only undeserving of courtesy or respect, she rightly deserves to be publicly insulted--even if there's no good or constructive purpose for the insult."

This latter attitude is morally wrong, I'm sorry. The idea that we should condone malice--even as harmless as words and pictures--because our political enemy "deserves it", or because we see other people misbehaving and condoning misbehaviour, is not a good doctrine.

In any case, Mr. Carrey's rude drawing and message are unfortunate, not the end of the world. My props go out to the many Hollywood stars who may not have liked Ms. Trump, who may have wanted to say "good riddance" like Mr. Carrey, but who either wished her well or held their peace.
Do you remember this?

Do you remember Trump mocking 16-year old Greta Thunburg?

and where was Melania on this?

As such, Melania does not deserve any respect. A person who advocates against bullying and then stays quiet when her own husband bullies a 16-year old girl, is a hypocrite and a liar. I think what Jim Carrey did was the "least" than should have been done.

Sorry, but treating immorality with morality is not a solution that works.

Sorry, but treating immorality with morality is not a solution that works.
As I live and breathe, treating immorality with morality is the only solution with any chance of success--even if success isn't guaranteed.

The idea that we can throw out decency, forgiveness, respect because treating our fellow man like scum will somehow rehabilitate him is right up there with trying to end a war by picketing soldiers' funerals with "GOD HATES AMERICA" signs.

Have you ever asked yourself how likely you'd be to change your behaviour if an unrepentant and ill-behaved supporter of Pres. Trump mocked you?

Back
Top Bottom