• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Jewish settlers set their sights on Gaza beachfront

Infinite Chaos

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Who wouldn't want a house on the beach? For some on Israel's far-right, desirable beachfront now includes the sands of Gaza.
Just ask Daniella Weiss, 78, the grandmother of Israel's settler movement, who says she already has a list of 500 families ready to move to Gaza immediately.
"I have friends in Tel Aviv," she says, "so they say, 'Don't forget to keep for me a plot near the coast in Gaza,' because it's a beautiful, beautiful coast, beautiful golden sand".
She tells them the plots on the coast are already booked.

Is this just a matter of time? Or are these the words of a very fringe organisation that will slowly move to "encourage" arabs out of Gaza?

Before anyone comes along and claims that it's just crazed settlers and nothing will happen - that claim has been repeated many times over my time on this forum, Plenty of voices saying the settlers wouldn't be allowed to keep expanding or that the law wouldn't allow this to happen for arabs to be moved out of their property.

For anyone else - this bit (if the BBC report is accurate) puts all that into perspective.

Mrs Weiss heads a radical settler organisation called Nachala, or homeland. For decades, she has been kickstarting Jewish settlements in the Israeli-occupied West Bank and East Jerusalem, on Palestinian land captured by Israel in the 1967 Middle East war.

Who wouldn't want a house on the beach? For some on Israel's far-right, desirable beachfront now includes the sands of Gaza.
Just ask Daniella Weiss, 78, the grandmother of Israel's settler movement, who says she already has a list of 500 families ready to move to Gaza immediately.
"I have friends in Tel Aviv," she says, "so they say, 'Don't forget to keep for me a plot near the coast in Gaza,' because it's a beautiful, beautiful coast, beautiful golden sand".

Is this just a matter of time? Or are these the words of a very fringe organisation that will slowly move to "encourage" arabs out of Gaza?

Before anyone comes along and claims that it's just crazed settlers and nothing will happen - that claim has been repeated many times over my time on this forum, Plenty of voices saying the settlers wouldn't be allowed to keep expanding or that the law wouldn't allow this to happen for arabs to be moved out of their property.

For anyone else - this bit (if the BBC report is accurate) puts all that into perspective.

Mrs Weiss heads a radical settler organisation called Nachala, or homeland. For decades, she has been kickstarting Jewish settlements in the Israeli-occupied West Bank and East Jerusalem, on Palestinian land captured by Israel in the 1967 Middle East war.

Disgustingly ironic that Israel would be seeking Lebensraum.

Hamas shoulda taken the money spent building terror tunnels and making the leaders into billionaires and built beachfront resorts.

Gaza would have been the Rivera of the Levant.

So is Jared Kushner....hmmmmm, coincidence?

Last edited:

Do Israeli's ever blame the settler's who build on land that does not belong to them for any of Israel's problems?

Do Israeli's ever blame the settler's who build on land that does not belong to them for any of Israel's problems?
Quite the opposite. Israel uses illegal settlements as a pretext to annex Palestinian land because they consider Palestinian objections to their land being stolen out from under them as a national security threat. There are some truly horrendous cases of Jewish settlers in the West Bank mobbing Palestinian homes and buildings to squat and have the IDF kick the rightful Palestinian owners and occupants to the curb.

Hamas shoulda taken the money spent building terror tunnels and making the leaders into billionaires and built beachfront resorts.

Do you know which government quietly allowed that money to go to Hamas so that they would become powerful enough to rival the Palestinian Authority and so weaken the cause for a Palestinian homeland?

Try not to fall for the propaganda and start to question why that money was allowed through in the first place yeah?

Beirut was once called the “Paris” of the Middle East!

Quite the opposite. Israel uses illegal settlements as a pretext to annex Palestinian land because they consider Palestinian objections to their land being stolen out from under them as a national security threat. There are some truly horrendous cases of Jewish settlers in the West Bank mobbing Palestinian homes and buildings to squat and have the IDF kick the rightful Palestinian owners and occupants to the curb.
Sarcasm doesn't come through well, you said it better than I.

I saw a video about this today, with participants, saying there are dozens of organizations planning for colonizing Gaza; one woman said she has a list of 500 families who are ready to immediately move into Gaza settlements. There have been numerous conferences, attended by 1/3 or more of the cabinet, for the topic of settlements in Gaza.

Back
Top Bottom