• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Jesus loves me anyway.

nvflash

Changing the law does not change the truth.
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
I just wanted to say that the God I worship doesn't hate you, or me, or anyone. We all fall short of God's love, but he loves us just the same anyway.

I feel that any Christians out there that preach Jesus hates are preaching a false doctrine, but God loves them too anyway.

I don't feel Jesus hates people like me, a sinner, and I don't feel he is going to come back with great fire from the sky and kill or destroy anyone that doesn't profess belief in him.

You can be moral and love others without Jesus or his teachings. I feel that is what is really required to be saved, that we try our best to be moral and love one another as Jesus loves us. We all fall short sometimes, but we try and do better, to sin less and love more.

Jesus didn't put me on this earth to tell others what sin is or what love is, I think in our hearts we already know, tho we err. So I try not to cast stones, because the same stones could by right be cast at me, as I freely admit I sin, I fall short of God's love for me and others.

Jesus don't hate you because you are LGBTQ+, he doesn't hate me because I am filled with too much pride, hell, he doesn't even hate bankers or money changers.

He hates greed, but not the greedy, he hates misplaced pride, but not the prideful, and he hates the interest charged on money, but not the money.

He hates that a woman may feel the need to have an abortion, but not those that do.

If I am wrong about these things, if you try and be moral, if you try and love others, yet you fall short and he turns his love from you or you are cast to Hell, then I belong there with you, because any heaven without you is not a heaven I want to be in.

Ganesha, Andromeda, Muhammad and Buddha love you as well.

I just wanted to say that the God I worship doesn't hate you, or me, or anyone. We all fall short of God's love, but he loves us just the same anyway.

It seems barely plausible, given God's record of KILLING people. But if this is the new deal which Christ brought, I cannot fault it.

He hates greed, but not the greedy, he hates misplaced pride, but not the prideful, and he hates the interest charged on money, but not the money.

So God hates capitalism, but not capitalists?

I could get behind that. The rich are guilty of nothing more than selfishness, and society must allow for selfishness because it's an irresistible urge. Even if it could be defeated in the market, it would reappear somewhere else. But if Jeses hates greed and the charging of interest, then I welcome followers of that Christ in the difficult endeavor of reining in modern capitalism!

Ganesha, Andromeda, Muhammad and Buddha love you as well.

There should be product reviews. I want to know which "lovers" are most likely to turn "bad ex" and try to **** me up if I reject their love.

It seems barely plausible, given God's record of KILLING people. But if this is the new deal which Christ brought, I cannot fault it.

I could get behind that. The rich are guilty of nothing more than selfishness, and society must allow for selfishness because it's an irresistible urge. Even if it could be defeated in the market, it would reappear somewhere else. But if Jeses hates greed and the charging of interest, then I welcome followers of that Christ in the difficult endeavor of reining in modern capitalism!
Everyone hates CAPITALISM, even the CAPITALIST.

Why do you think they try and destroy it every 8-12 years!

It's just the Government keeps bailing them out.

I favor a free enterprise system, and we have parts of that now, we just need to allow business to fail when the should and stop bailing them out.

Otherwise vote with your dollar what type of world you want.

Government just needs to keep fraud in all it's forms out of the marketplace, not help the fraudsters.

Everyone hates CAPITALISM, even the CAPITALIST.

Why do you think they try and destroy it every 8-12 years!

It's just the Government keeps bailing them out.

I favor a free enterprise system, and we have parts of that now, we just need to allow business to fail when the should and stop bailing them out.

Otherwise vote with your dollar what type of world you want.

Government just needs to keep fraud in all it's forms out of the marketplace, not help the fraudsters.

I favor a free enterprise system too, but only within limits. It's clearly the best when small enterprise and medium sized enterprise, contest with each other. And it's good that individuals have monetary incentive to do years of training to enter the professions. But at the top end (top 1%) there is no social utility in putting power into the hands of people who have proven themselves only by the ability to make money (or to inherit it, in that case there isn't even proof.)

I don't hold with "so give him your cloak." The ultimate in Christian generosity is to impoverish oneself by giving, and it seems too much to ask of anyone. Work should still be encouraged: anyone, whether rich or poor, should have the option to be a bit richer if they work more.

I favor a free enterprise system too, but only within limits. It's clearly the best when small enterprise and medium sized enterprise, contest with each other. And it's good that individuals have monetary incentive to do years of training to enter the professions. But at the top end (top 1%) there is no social utility in putting power into the hands of people who have proven themselves only by the ability to make money (or to inherit it, in that case there isn't even proof.)

I don't hold with "so give him your cloak." The ultimate in Christian generosity is to impoverish oneself by giving, and it seems too much to ask of anyone. Work should still be encouraged: anyone, whether rich or poor, should have the option to be a bit richer if they work more.
As I said, Government exists to keep fraud IN ALL IT'S FORMS out of the marketplace.

If you really ask yourself about what type of regulation you would like to see from government, and why you want to see it, it really all boils down to the same thing, and that is the thing you want to prevent is some form of fraud.

So to me, government and government regulations are part of the free enterprise system, it can not exist without government and government regulation because fraud becomes so pervasive it's no longer free enterprise, it's just a system of fraud.

As I said, Government exists to keep fraud IN ALL IT'S FORMS out of the marketplace.

If you really ask yourself about what type of regulation you would like to see from government, and why you want to see it, it really all boils down to the same thing, and that is the thing you want to prevent is some form of fraud.

So to me, government and government regulations are part of the free enterprise system, it can not exist without government and government regulation because fraud becomes so pervasive it's no longer free enterprise, it's just a system of fraud.
Would you consider environmental regulation (the kind that keeps the Ohio river from catching on fire) to be preventing fraud?

If so, how would you describe the fraud here?

Would you consider environmental regulation (the kind that keeps the Ohio river from catching on fire) to be preventing fraud?

If so, how would you describe the fraud here?
Well, when you make people sick and you do it in the course of business, then they are out funds to pay for treatments and pain and suffering that prevent them from utilizing their time in the productive ways they need to to get done their own daily business.

Or they die and you have deprived their family of the same value.

In a moral sense, just to wrap this back around to theology, you have also committed a fraud on them, a moral fraud. You have failed to love them as you should, as Jesus loved us.

You have also likely committed a fraud on the taxpayers to pay for the cleanup of your pollution.

So, yes, absolutely, government should and must have environmental regulations to prevent these types of frauds too, like I say, fraud in all it's forms.

Government can, should, and must try to assess the risks involved in any enterprise as best it can and force the owners of that enterprise to have insurances to pay for any liabilities.

Pollution IS the liability of those who pollute, your insurance will force you to be safe and try not to pollute, and if you can't get insurance to cover your liabilities, you don't have a viable business model. Your business model is taking a profit off of socializing risk.

That is a fraud on society, socializing the risks, and privatizing the profits.

GOD only ever killed people who developed a society where killing was the acceptable norm for their standard.
Capitalism places the money in the hands of entrepreneurs. Communism places the money in the hands of dictators.
Capitalism has built far more churches than Communism.

I feel that any Christians out there that preach Jesus hates are preaching a false doctrine, but God loves them too anyway.

I don't feel Jesus hates people like me, a sinner, and I don't feel he is going to come back with great fire from the sky and kill or destroy anyone that doesn't profess belief in him.

You can be moral and love others without Jesus or his teachings. I feel that is what is really required to be saved, that we try our best to be moral and love one another as Jesus loves us. We all fall short sometimes, but we try and do better, to sin less and love more.

Jesus didn't put me on this earth to tell others what sin is or what love is, I think in our hearts we already know, tho we err. So I try not to cast stones, because the same stones could by right be cast at me, as I freely admit I sin, I fall short of God's love for me and others.

Jesus don't hate you because you are LGBTQ+, he doesn't hate me because I am filled with too much pride, hell, he doesn't even hate bankers or money changers.

He hates that a woman may feel the need to have an abortion, but not those that do.

If I am wrong about these things, if you try and be moral, if you try and love others, yet you fall short and he turns his love from you or you are cast to Hell, then I belong there with you, because any heaven without you is not a heaven I want to be in.
Which is to say the opposite of what you are going for: there is no sin , no punishment, the Cross is superfluous, and Jesus didn't mean 'wailling and gnashing of teeth'
I am a great preacher of mercy but I don';t do it by telling a pervert headed to Hell that there is no Hell, he isn't a pervert , and Jesus came just to say "Carry on as you are"

Which is to say the opposite of what you are going for: there is no sin , no punishment, the Cross is superfluous, and Jesus didn't mean 'wailling and gnashing of teeth'
I am a great preacher of mercy but I don';t do it by telling a pervert headed to Hell that there is no Hell, he isn't a pervert , and Jesus came just to say "Carry on as you are"
Sin is just a silly religious concept to scare, manipulate, or control ignorant/gullible people via religious authority. The cross is just a letter 't'.

No, not at all, people who chose to turn away from God's love and fail to love their fellow man, they are going to burn.

As do the Flying Spaghetti Monster, Baphomet, and Medjed as well.

What, exactly, are you selling?

Did someone ask you about your god? Is there a demand for this tiresome old bullshit? Did anyone want this?

Same with sidewalk preachers. Jesus H. Christ, who if at all, was a Jew, and ONE of a few thousand stories about gods, just one that happened to get the attention of an insane Roman Emperor who feared retribution from his gods and so switched to one with a martyr who died for that Czar's sins!

Boom! You now have a superstition married to the greatest military juggernaut in the history of man to that time!

Jesus did "win" any hearts, he was beaten into the will of children across the world. I was one of them.

Take your god and shove it where the sun don't shine. Next time wait to be invited to talk about your superstitions.

No, not at all, people who chose to turn away from God's love and fail to love their fellow man, they are going to burn.

Oh for **** sakes.

What childish horseshit. People don't buy what you're selling and you shoot back with 'you'll burn in hell'

Don't give up your day job and don't try to sell anything. You suck at it

What, exactly, are you selling?

Did someone ask you about your god? Is there a demand for this tiresome old bullshit? Did anyone want this?

Same with sidewalk preachers. Jesus H. Christ, who if at all, was a Jew, and ONE of a few thousand stories about gods, just one that happened to get the attention of an insane Roman Emperor who feared retribution from his gods and so switched to one with a martyr who died for that Czar's sins!

Boom! You now have a superstition married to the greatest military juggernaut in the history of man to that time!

Jesus did "win" any hearts, he was beaten into the will of children across the world. I was one of them.

Take your god and shove it where the sun don't shine. Next time wait to be invited to talk about your superstitions.
Get help...

https://psychologyrenewed.wordpress.com/2021/07/04/do-you-have-anger-issues/

Empty threats from your cosmic boogeyman is empty. Perhaps such emotionally manipulative fear tactics might work on the ignorant or gullible, but not everyone buys that bs!

Sin is just a silly religious concept to scare, manipulate, or control ignorant/gullible people via religious authority. The cross is just a letter 't'.
and you are just a selfish self-justifiying loon...can I make the obvious connection?

Hell is truth seen too late.” ― Thomas Hobbes in Leviathan

GOD doesn't do any punishment. People who will not accept the MESSIAH as their SAVIOR go to a place of eternal; separation from GOD. It is how they wanted to be in life and Satan gets them eternally. The wailing and gnashing of teeth is the result of actually experiencing GOD's glory when they are judged, and the realization of what they disregarded and the eternity they missed... GOD forgives everyone who admits their sin and the need of SALVATION. The only other possibility is to carry one's own behavior in life with its mistakes upon one's own shoulders and that requires eternal separation. GOD provides a place for those who wanted nothing to do with GOD, and such are on their own...

I do.

I'm bible college trained so I know their answers before the question is asked.

Needless to say they are incredibly predictable.
Predictability can be a sign that they all are viewing the very same light. Doesn't it seem strange that a CHRISTIAN in China can in fact be of the very same salvation opinion as a CHRISTIAN in say England. The CHRISTIAN maybe a Queen or impoverished but they both know what CHRIST did.

Last edited:
GOD doesn't do any punishment. People who will not accept the MESSIAH as their SAVIOR go to a place of eternal; separation from GOD. It is how they wanted to be in life and Satan gets them eternally. The wailing and gnashing of teeth is the result of actually experiencing GOD's glory when they are judged, and the realization of what they disregarded and the eternity they missed... GOD forgives everyone who admits their sin and the need of SALVATION. The only other possibility is to carry one's own behavior in life with its mistakes upon one's own shoulders and that requires eternal separation. GOD provides a place for those who wanted nothing to do with GOD, and such are on their own...
What an amazing embelishment of torture and punishment. Like a Mob boss. "It's not my fault you didn't do what I asked, you basically shot yourself"

Back
Top Bottom