• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

January 6 panel moves to hold Steve Bannon in criminal contempt

Chomsky

Social Democrat
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
(CNN)The committee investigating the January 6 Capitol Hill riot announced Thursday it is moving forward to hold Trump ally Steve Bannon in criminal contempt for refusing to comply with a subpoena, as his game of chicken with the House panel now enters a new and critical phase.

--

About time!

It's going to take a long time, and be a long process. But I would hope the People are successful. I'm fine with following a long process to the end. Do it once, give him an orange jumpsuit, and his friends will think twice before displaying contempt.

I suspect the People will be lucky to see this play-out by the midterms. But I do indeed hope it plays-out to the end, even if it's before the '24 election.

Of course, Bannon can always show-up at the hearing - at any point in the process - and claim the 5th to every question! This was a S.O.P. for many La Costra Nostra in the '60's.

Anyway, I'm taking great interest in this.

--

About time!

It's going to take a long time, and be a long process. But I would hope the People are successful. I'm fine with following a long process to the end. Do it once, give him an orange jumpsuit, and his friends will think twice before displaying contempt.

I suspect the People will be lucky to see this play-out by the midterms. But I do indeed hope it plays-out to the end, even if it's before the '24 election.

Of course, Bannon can always show-up at the hearing - at any point in the process - and claim the 5th to every question! This was a S.O.P. for many La Costra Nostra in the '60's.

Chomsky, there's already a thread on this.

--

About time!

And be sure to hold the democrats that have refused to comply with subpoenas in comtempt as well.

--

About time!

Remember when Susan McDougal got 18 months in prison because she wouldn't testify against the Clintons on Whitewater? Good times.

Remember when Susan McDougal got 18 months in prison because she wouldn't testify against the Clintons on Whitewater? Good times.
No, I don't. I remember 22 months.

If he goes to prison, i hope they make him take a shower and wash that greasy ass hair!!

--

About time!

Prosecute to the fullest extent of the law.

Which isnt all that much since it's a misdemeanor but it does come with some jail time.

Damn. And thinking this might be a popular topic, I even searched for a thread.

Oh, well . . . thanks!
Way too late now! I try to limit chat to one just so I don't get confused, but I'm delighted they're going to try to enforce this and hopefully quickly.

If he goes to prison, i hope they make him take a shower and wash that greasy ass hair!!
Who wants to bet on heavy medication for the DT's?

Back
Top Bottom