• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Jane Timken steps down as Ohio Republican Party chair, setting up a possible run for Senate

ouch

Air Muscle
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
I see that she adores her "rock-ribbed Conservatives and Trump. Now I wonder if she possibly has a little Q juice pulsing through her veins.

Jane Timken steps down as Ohio Republican Party chair, setting up a possible run for Senate - cleveland.com
CLEVELAND, Ohio – Ohio Republican Party Chairman Jane Timken announced Friday she would resign, another indication she is gearing up to run for Sen. Rob Portman’s seat next year.

Timken announced her decision, effective immediately, during an impromptu meeting of the Ohio Republican Party State Central Committee. She did not announce she would be running for Senate during the call, but that she would reveal her plans in the near future.

“It has been a tremendous honor to serve as Chairman of the Ohio Republican Party and work with so many dedicated, rock-ribbed conservatives to strengthen our state and stand with President Trump to make our nation great,” Timken said. “Over the last four years, we have secured Ohio’s place as a leading conservative stronghold, expanded Republican leadership at every level and helped President Trump win a commanding second victory in the state.”

How did Ohio get to be so red?

How did Ohio get to be so red?
Sen. Brown gets re-elected so there’s still hope. I like Rep. Ryan for the DEMs against any of these far-right loons.

REDMAP 2010 gave Ohio a 13-5 GOP lead in CDs after being just 8-10 in 2008. Ohio lost two seats for the 2012 Census remap for a 12-4 map and will lose another seat this decade.

Kasich was elected GOP governor in 2010 over an incumbent DEM and along with the dominant lead of the GOP in their state legislature wrote state and federal maps that heavily favored the GOP all decade.

Seems odd having a northern Union state being in the hands of the QOP. Wisconsin and Michigan are also saddled with QOP legislatures.

Seems odd having a northern Union state being in the hands of the QOP. Wisconsin and Michigan are also saddled with QOP legislatures.
Same with IA, PA, and IN, though IN has been aligned with the South since the CW. MN has a split legislature now and DEMS just lost both chambers in NH.

The damage done from REDMAP 2010 will live on this decade. DEMs did catch a few breaks with a commission now writing maps in MI and with DEM governors in PA and WI with veto power over maps.

I blame it on the widespread of sperm. 👹

As wonderful it was with the development of our highway system, it also gave way for the quicker travels in and out of all states by those who wish harm against select targets. Communication has also greatly improved that helps the organization of groups like QAnon. Then, of course, when a nutjob of a president is in office, that provides the fuel for such groups to take physical action against govt targets like Mich. In short, it's all about takeover. A red takeover. A dictator like president spawns brainwashed followers who believe in the power of a dictatorship leaving a nation struggling to right the ship. A nation struggling with both a killer pandemic and the mentally challenged by choice. Good luck to the good.

I don't know anything about Jane or even who she is but it's fun to see election news from both sides already coming out of Ohio. I just heard the Ryan news a few days ago.

Josh Mandel has proven that he is stuck on stupid with his current schtick of repeating Trump's lies that the election was stolen.

Former Ohio state Treasurer Josh Mandel on Wednesday became the first Republican to jump into the state's open Senate race to replace retiring Sen. Rob Portman.

Mandel, a 43-year-old Marine veteran, is making his third run for Senate after losing the 2012 race to Sen. Sherrod Brown (D-Ohio) and a 2018 campaign that he cut short because of family health concerns. He enters the race with statewide experience and more than $4 million left over in his federal campaign account but will likely face an expensive and competitive contest for the Republican nomination.

We have a strong and unrivaled network of conservative activists throughout the state of Ohio," Mandel added. "These conservative activists who are Trump warriors and ideological conservatives have been there for me and have been coming out of the woodwork for the past week or so encouraging me to run."

He said he thought the impeachment trial was unconstitutional, a position the majority of Republican senators took this week in a vote at the outset of the trial. And he added that he did not think Trump held any blame for the events of January 6, when rioters stormed the U.S. Capitol following the rally on the National Mall, calling the day "tragic" but saying it was "not President Trump's fault." He said he would have sided with other Republican senators' objections to the certification of the Electoral College.

"If I was a United States senator, I would have been standing with Sen. Ted Cruz and Sen. Rick Scott in holding up the certification of the election," Mandel said.

Trump carried Ohio last fall by 8 percentage points. Portman is one of four GOP senators to announce they are retiring, and holding his seat will be critical for Republicans' chances to recapture the majority from Democrats.

I think the rust belt states are trending red while the prosperous southern states are trending blue. They each will be battlegrounds for the foreseeable future.

That said, if these states choose to run kooks under the "R" banner, let them. Those seats will go blue.

Seems like great news! Another republican woman in the senate would be great.
Get an early start on the campaign.

Sure there will be a primary battle for the seat. Many will throw their hat in to the fray.

Seems like great news! Another republican woman in the senate would be great.
Get an early start on the campaign.

Sure there will be a primary battle for the seat. Many will throw their hat in to the fray.
Jane Timkin doesn't have a prayer of being elected to fill Portman's seat.

Back
Top Bottom