• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Jail Employees Face Charges After Using ‘Baby Shark’ Song to Punish Inmates

soylentgreen

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/10/06/us/jail-baby-shark-charges.html
Christian Miles and Gregory Butler, both 21 and former Oklahoma County Jail detention officers, as well as their former supervisor, Christopher Hendershott, 50, were charged on Monday with cruelty to prisoners, corporal punishment to an inmate and conspiracy, Oklahoma County District Court records show. Baby Shark” was played on repeat, through a computer, while the inmate was forced to listen to it. David Prater, the Oklahoma County district attorney, said the three had acted “conjointly, willfully and wrongfully” in a “cruel or inhuman manner” when they subjected inmates to the punishment.

I agree. That is just cruel.

Noise is torture. It fills your head and blocks the other senses. It's not likely just because it's a bad song or repetitive, it was probably at a sufficient volume to frustrate. It's like sleep deprivation and stress positions. The job of law enforcement is not to do these things - it is outside their remit.

Could be worse....it coulda been Yoko Ono.

Ever notice how "Baby Shark" can be sang as Donald trump?
But seriously sick bastards.

Believe it nor now, it could have been worse.

How would like to listen to this "Badger, Mushroom, Snake" thing for ten hours? It's the stuff nightmares are made of, especially the part where they talk about the snake . . .

That song makes me want to rip my ears out and burn them.

I like the last part of the song.

We have Bounce Patrol going constantly. They have 50 versions of Baby Shark, and kiddo asks for it when it's not playing. If they tried to torture us with Baby Shark, we probably wouldn't even notice. I even have a Daddy Shark T shirt.

We had to go all the way to the Supreme Court to get a decision showing that no, actually, Qualified Immunity doesn’t cover TORTURING A PRISONER, but Baby Shark gets charges. ****ed up system we have.

Back
Top Bottom